The Last Homely Site on the Web

Latest idiocy from Ron Paul in Congress

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject: Re: Latest idiocy from Ron Paul in Congress
Posted: Fri 22 Jan , 2010 8:06 pm
Insolent Pup

Maybe my understanding of this forum is wrong then. I imagined that if someone shoots in to state an opinion that they want to participate in the discussion. Otherwise it's just that annoying thing that people do here where they enter threads just to complain about the tone in a thread they aren't actually participating in. If my understanding of this forum is incorrect please let me know so I know not to bother here. This is in all sincerity. This isn't aimed only at lali.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 23 Jan , 2010 12:21 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Well, the thing is, TED, I'll participate in the discussion up to the point where (a) I've gotten the info I want, (b) I've gotten all of the info I can take, or (c) people start getting riled up, sarcastic, belligerent, etc. (even if that's not directed at me in the least).

I think a person ought to be able to post in this forum like I do, particularly if the person doesn't do it frequently. I could see how that would get annoying if done all of the time, but, for goodness sake, I rarely post here at all. I can't see how that should be too annoying. If it is, ignore me. Seriously.

And I'm not going to tell you if you should post in here or not. That's up to you. CG and sf post in here and enjoy debate and discussion. Others sometimes post who really do enjoy politics, so you should be able to get the discussion and/or debate you want. Is it really that terrible if someone like me pipes up once in a while? You know what, if it is, then I'll stop posting altogether. You stay; I'll go.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Sat 23 Jan , 2010 12:28 am
Insolent Pup

The piping up for info isn't annoying, but the piping up to say "why are you two going at it? you ruin everyone's good time" is (even to me who it isn't directed at). If I can stay out of threads that I find boring, then other's can too. I'm curious what the motivation to pipe up once in a while comes from... I understand that people will do what they want, but would you find it annoying if I came into a thread of yours to complain about your sources (to use the example in this thread) being untrustworthy because of you, and then bouncing with no explanation? What is the point to begin with?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 23 Jan , 2010 12:45 am

I resent that, actually. You are complaining about two totally different things. I didn't pop in the thread to complain about anyone's behavior, and I'm not sure I ever do that. :scratch: (Maybe if I'm a Ranger, and I'm supposed to, but I really don't think I normally do.)

As part of this conversation, I did say was that I'm likely to be skeptical of any source sf links to, and that is due to my past experience with him.

If you find that annoying, then whatever. I'm entitled to say it, think it, and feel it. And you're entitled to be annoyed about it. Seriously. Whatever.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Sat 23 Jan , 2010 4:52 am
Insolent Pup

I'm glad we settled that. I'll do what I do, and you do what you do.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 23 Jan , 2010 4:58 am

Well, naturally, yeah. :toast:

I really am sorry to have annoyed you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]