Michigan Hutaree leader follower of Ron Paul

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Michigan Hutaree leader follower of Ron Paul
Posted: Thu 01 Apr , 2010 11:20 am

This is getting to be a much too familiar pattern

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mc ... l-fanatic/
Quote:
Fox News recently interviewed the ex-wife of Hutaree Militia leader, David Brian Stone, who was recently arrested for plotting against police men in Michigan. When asked what set Stone off, his ex wife said it was the election of Barack Obama and the fact that Stone was a Ron Paul fanatic who thought the government would try and take away his guns.

Several other people who have engaged in anti-government violence have also been big supporters of Ron Paul, including Holocaust Museum shooter, James Von Brunn, Pittsburgh cop killer, Richard Paplowski and Pentagon shooter, John Patrick Bedell.
Let us make it perfectly clear that Ron Paul had nothing to do with these people arrested for plotting the murder of police officers in Michigan. It is very strange in the least how the name of Paul pops up as someone in politics who extremists seem to follow. Why?

This site has a video and a transcript of some of the FOX News interview

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/hu ... er-was-ron
Quote:
Andrea March, the ex-fiance of the leader of the Hutaree militia group, spoke with Shepard Smith and said that David Brian Stone was a Ron Paul fanatic who was afraid that Obama would take away his guns. Where have we heard that one before? Oh, it reminds me of the Richard Poplawski saga. (rough transcript)

Marsh: When Obama took the presidency is when he lost it because he was a Ron Paul fanatic.

Smith: Ron Paul fanatic, what does that have to do with ?

Marsh: To tell you the truth I don't know. I never really understood why Ron Paul was so much different, but he thought he could get away with anything and he wanted more freedoms than what he had and he was trying to do it through the violence.

Smith: Do you know what was his particular concern was with the current government? Was he worried they would take his guns away?

Marsh: Well yes, he clearly believed in guns and having them and he didn't think . He didn't want to have a driver's licence, he didn't want to fill out any census papers

Smith: Oh.

Marsh: He wanted to own guns unregistered....

--
And he is said to have believed that anti-Christ was on the way and he wanted to do something about that?

Yes, he explained to us that through the bible the world was going to end in war and Christ wanted us to do this. Now he couldn't prove that to anyone, but the kids always listened to him.

Rob Paul's brand of anti-government rhetoric influenced Stone greatly which also fed into his 'End Timer' philosophy. And in this case, Obama was the anti-Christ.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject: Re: Michigan Hutaree leader follower of Ron Paul
Posted: Thu 01 Apr , 2010 1:53 pm
Daydream Believer

Extremism in any form, Christian or Muslim, is wrong wrong wrong. And justification of killing people in the name of God is wrong, and to say that one is Christian and to use that excuse is really wrong. I am not sure what part of love one another these type of people don't get, but they are not getting it. And if I were Christ I'd be pissed off at these people something fierce.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 07 Apr , 2010 5:25 pm

Marilyn Manson endorsed George W. Bush for president in 2000.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Wed 07 Apr , 2010 7:09 pm
bioalchemist

Weirdos will be weirdos.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Posted: Thu 08 Apr , 2010 3:21 am
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Sometimes people can't help attracting a following of nutjobs. It just happens when the conditions are right. Remember Life of Brian?

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Posted: Thu 08 Apr , 2010 3:44 pm
You are hearing me talk

It's true that any sufficiently large group will contain some extremists, but I think pointing that out in this case is a bit like reacting to a rabid dog by saying "well everybody has some germs in them".

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 08 Apr , 2010 6:33 pm

from Elfshadow
Quote:
Sometimes people can't help attracting a following of nutjobs. It just happens when the conditions are right.
While there may be some truth in that, it goes beyond that simplicity. Ron Paul attracts far more than his share of nut jobs. Its a case of kindred spirits recognizing each other and opening up their arms in a warm embrace.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: