Jump to page 1 2 »
MariaHobbit
Post subject: Emotional IQ
Posted: Fri 09 Apr , 2010 8:20 pm

Here's the test: http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_pa ... gTest=1121

And this is what I got.
Quote:
What is your emotional IQ?

This emotional intelligence test consists of two parts; a self-report portion and an ability portion. The test assesses your capacity to recognize your own emotions and those of others; understand how best to motivate yourself; become close to others; and manage your own feelings and those of others. Emotional intelligence contributes a great deal to your potential in life. A poor emotional intelligence can hold a brilliant individual back from achieving his or her goals, while a good EIQ can help someone who might otherwise struggle achieve success in life.

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 77
Subscale percentile = 6

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Apparently I'm an emotional moron. I'm definitely on the small end of the bell curve. :nono:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject: Re: Emotional IQ
Posted: Fri 09 Apr , 2010 8:27 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Before I spend any time on this, is this one of those quizzes where you have to provide an email or cellphone number before they give you results?

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Fri 09 Apr , 2010 8:29 pm

Nah, they just try to sell you a full report at the end. The quickie answer I posted is free.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 10 Apr , 2010 12:33 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Quote:
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 85
Subscale percentile = 18

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Well, that doesn't surprise me. I'm not a Feeler, so emotions are not something that come intuitively to me.

I have purposely been holding people at arm's length, and I don't really plan to stop any time soon. I keep myself back, but I let others share with me.

However, I am rather decent at listening to others talk about their problems, offering them a shoulder to cry on, and I've been told that I give good advice. (I'm fairly good at analyzing a situation, and I just try to think what emotions would be logical for the people involved to be feeling.)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
laureanna
Posted: Sat 10 Apr , 2010 1:36 pm
Triathlete

Lali, I find your score hard to believe. You are one of the most socially connected people on this list, going out of your way to find a relevant comment to everyone else who posts.

Well, I'm back.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 10 Apr , 2010 4:33 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Really? Thanks! :) I do try very hard to make sure people feel like they're being listened to. It bothers me when someone posts, and it gets ignored even though it's usually just unintentional. (I figured that might actually be annoying to others, though--that I comment on just about everything. :neutral: ) I'm much better at this type of social interaction; writing the right words is easier than speaking them, to me.

But I don't think I have problems with social interaction in person either; I'm just not very open. Well, I try to be warm and draw others out of their shell, but I don't think I do it out of pure motives. I think I do it to get them talking, so I don't have to.

But that's just sometimes, and other times it's different. So yeah, these quizzes can only go so far. People are weird and hard to pin down, myself chief among them. :blackeye:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
nienna
Posted: Sat 10 Apr , 2010 6:03 pm
The best things in life are not things

Yeah, this quiz surprised me, too...I got Subscale IQ score = 108, which still said about the same as Lali's write up, and I consider myself very empathic... :shrug:

But I guess, with those of us who are "I"s on here, that part of us would affect the scores accordingly.

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Sat 10 Apr , 2010 7:42 pm
Daydream Believer

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 119
Subscale percentile = 90

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is satisfactory. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

I guess my therapist was right all along, this test proves it. My whole crazy persona is shot all to heck. :bang: :halo: :whistle:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sat 10 Apr , 2010 10:30 pm
Best friends forever

Mine is almost exactly like Ara-Anna's: score 116, subscale percentile 86. the little blurb is the same.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Silwen
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 2:21 am
DomiKNITrix

Result: 119, like Ara and vison:

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is satisfactory. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Must say I did much better in a previous test. :uhoh:

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
laureanna
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 3:52 am
Triathlete

Quote:
This emotional intelligence test consists of two parts; a self-report portion and an ability portion. The test assesses your capacity to recognize your own emotions and those of others; understand how best to motivate yourself; become close to others; and manage your own feelings and those of others.
Evidently, the free portion is a summary of our self assessments of ourselves. The rest of the story (if you pay for it) is what your actual ability is, based on whether or not you can correctly tell what is going on in the photos, and what works well in proposed situations.
Quote:
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 129
Subscale percentile = 97

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is good. People who score like you do feel that they have little trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They generally are able to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods in all but the most trying of times. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.
I think my training and experience in working at a crisis hotline, and this supportive group of you all that I have been able to open up to, has done wonders for my EQ, or at least, my self-reported estimate of what my EQ is. :P I would have scored far lower 10 years ago. However, in an average crowd, I'm still a wallflower, and unlikely to open up to strangers. The bottom line is that I scored high because I think highly of myself and my EQ :roll:

Well, I'm back.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 3:04 pm

Here are my results.
Quote:
Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 127
Subscale percentile = 96

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is good. People who score like you do feel that they have little trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They generally are able to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods in all but the most trying of times. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.
That was one lengthy test. I also must admit that professional counselling helped get to this place. If I had taken this test years ago before, I probably would have scored so low that right now a team in white coats would have been dispatched to my home. :oops:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 4:55 pm
bioalchemist

99, Lali's write up.

The pictures were annoying. First they ask me to guess what someone's feeling without telling em anything at all about the situation and then their options are completely inadequate. Seriously. It would have been better if they just gave me a blank and let me fill in what I thought they were feeling because about half the time the emotion on display was NOT one of their options. :x

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Silwen
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 4:59 pm
DomiKNITrix

:yes:

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 6:20 pm
Best friends forever

Riverthalos wrote:
99, Lali's write up.

The pictures were annoying. First they ask me to guess what someone's feeling without telling em anything at all about the situation and then their options are completely inadequate. Seriously. It would have been better if they just gave me a blank and let me fill in what I thought they were feeling because about half the time the emotion on display was NOT one of their options. :x
I did the whole thing in a tearing hurry, but I admit I wanted to study those pix and make up little stories about the people. :D

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Sun 11 Apr , 2010 8:21 pm
bioalchemist

My inclination too. And to make things even more entertaining for me, in at least one case, I so totally disagreed with the story the test assigned to the pictures I almost couldn't handle that section of the test. :roll:

My working theory is the test is designed to make you feel like there's something wrong with you so you'll by their book or something.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Estel Dúnadan
Posted: Mon 12 Apr , 2010 4:24 am
Revenge of the Salmon

It does give lower ratings in the blurb than I'd expect from the score and bell-curve.

I scored 78, and the same blurb as Maria. I expected much better than that! Sure, I only reveal a layer at a time of my head, and I'm not the best at expressing my ideas, but I understand a lot more than I say. It's harder on a computer, though. I can't understand you guys nearly as well as people I meet in person, because I can't feel the brain-waves, so I have to rely on your written communication. And an online quiz like that? The computer's brain is so absolutely foreign to me. And photos are harder than seeing people, though there is a lot of information.

Mai hiruvalye Valimar!

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Mon 12 Apr , 2010 1:42 pm

Sometimes I read an empath's board (because their techniques for dealing with crowds are useful to me) and I often see requests from people for someone to do a "reading" for them from a supplied picture. So many of the people on that board take that right in stride and post the impressions they get and the the problems they sense and give advice accordingly- but all I see is a face. :shrug: Nothing at all comes to me. It's like ink blots. Show me an ink blot, and I see........... an inkblot 99% of the time.

In person, if I'm around someone who is upset, I feel pressure pushing against me. If they are in pain, and they are someone I'm connected to- I can feel their pain. Actual emotions, though, don't make sense to me in that context.

I'm beginning to think I'm an empath with Aspergers. I'm wired to feel emotional energy- but it doesn't make any kind of sense to me. Except the sympathy pains, of course. And those are kind of annoying.

I don't even understand my own emotions some of the time. Yesterday a song on the radio made me cry, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. It was a song about a guy remembering how much fun he had learning to drive, and how much he was looking forward to teaching his daughters how to drive, and how someday they'll look back and remember how much fun they had learning to drive.

You wouldn't think that would be a tear jerker, but it was. :scratch: I confuse myself.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Mon 12 Apr , 2010 2:16 pm
Best friends forever

A lot of songs make me cry. So you aren't alone, Maria.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Mon 12 Apr , 2010 2:18 pm

Maria - thats okay. I cry at sappy TV commericals. :oops:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: