board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

By popular demand: The MBTI

Post Reply   Page 2 of 15  [ 285 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 515 »
What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
INTP

13% [ 9 ]
INTJ

19% [ 14 ]
ENTP

1% [ 1 ]
ENTJ

3% [ 2 ]
INFP

18% [ 13 ]
INFJ

14% [ 10 ]
ENFP

4% [ 3 ]
ENFJ

6% [ 4 ]
ISTJ

10% [ 7 ]
ISFJ

8% [ 6 ]
Other SJ

1% [ 1 ]
SP

3% [ 2 ]
Total votes: 72
Andri
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:01 am

I am an INFJ.... I think.

Hey, Primula and Vison. We have the same type. Does this mean we click with each other?

Or is it the opposite? :scratch

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:13 am
Living in hope

I think we're supposed to savagely battle for dominance, right?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:24 am

Vison is INFJ rather than ISFJ, or I’m a Freudian.

People of the same type tend to get on fairly well, although you get on better with certain specific other types. What those other types are is up for debate. Generally, reversing every letter but the middle two gives you your best match (being Australian, I initially wrote ‘best mate’ but realized that it was a little ambiguous). The reason for this is that you get on best with those who have the same primary function but with the opposite orientation. For example, an INFJ’s primary function is Introverted Intuition (Ni), therefore, the INFJ gets on best with those who have Extraverted Intuition as their primary function, those types being ENFP and ENTP. From personal experience, it is preferable to match secondary functions as well, meaning that I would expect an INFJ to get on slightly better with an ENFP over an ENTP.

Any questions ;)?

Inter-type relations interests me greatly, and I;ve spent months trying to work out patterns and hierarchies. So far, I've found little.

Something worth remembering is that the Sensor-Intuitive gap is fairly wide, as S/N preference determines the way that people see the world, and people who see the world very differently can find it hard to relate. This is especially true among those whose primary function is a Sensing or Intuition one.

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 11:35 am
Fading Softly

According to the test Syl linked I'm ISTJ.
Eh. I'm boring.:P

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 3:36 pm

Melly, it's easy to get the wrong result on those tests, if you answer the way you think you ought to, rather than how you live your life. I used to test as an ISTJ, because I've been taught all my life to value traits like that, boring as they are. Once I started trying to type other people according to what I could observe of their behavior, it was only a matter of time before I applied the same techniques to myself. Judging from apparent external evidence, I'm an INFP, and it's a much better fit, I think, for what goes on inside my head.

Vison, for the same reason, it's easy for rural folk to test as an "S" rather than an "N". There are SO many tasks that have to be done by hand, that we tend to answer in light of what needs to be done, rather than what we'd rather be doing!

I have 3 "N"s in my household, and 2 "S"s. All three "N"s are bookworms. The two "S"s don't usually choose reading as a recreational activity. They prefer activities that allow them to make an impact on the real world. Given a choice, the "N"s would rather be reading. IMO, of course. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 4:23 pm
Fading Softly

MariaHobbit wrote:
Melly, it's easy to get the wrong result on those tests, if you answer the way you think you ought to, rather than how you live your life. I used to test as an ISTJ, because I've been taught all my life to value traits like that, boring as they are. Once I started trying to type other people according to what I could observe of their behavior, it was only a matter of time before I applied the same techniques to myself. Judging from apparent external evidence, I'm an INFP, and it's a much better fit, I think, for what goes on inside my head.
I'm mostly pretty cold and detached anyway, the test is right about that.:P My only question is whether the questions that test you for intuition also test whether you have enough self confidence to act on that intuition. I don't.

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 4:31 pm
Not so deep as a well

I put INTP in the poll, but I have moved to the middle on three of the scales over time, so I'm more of an XXXP. The P of course is in the high 90s...

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
sylthian
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 4:59 pm

I said this before - I love ISTJ's!! Granted I haven't found a type I didn't like but I only married the ISTJ :D You guys are special - not boring!!

And INTJ's are the quirkiest :Q that's why I have those for friends (and why so many are here I suspect)

sylly sylly sylly

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:31 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Finally I can get around to posting in one of these threads. Thank you Lord M. :D

Both Din and I just worked through the characteristics in the first post and then took the test Syl posted as well - we got the same results both times.

I'm ISFJ (am I the only one?)

Din is INFP (does this make us really incompatible as a couple?)

I must admit it was somewhat freaky watching each other take the 73 question test - we picked opposite answers for the vast majority of the questions. :Q

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:39 pm

Leoba wrote:
I'm ISFJ (am I the only one?)
Quite possibly.
Leoba wrote:
You tell me.

It is possible for two well-balanced people of any type to have a relationship. The mechanics of the relationships tend to be different. Personally, I’ve noticed that the more different the people, the more work the relationship requires but the more personal development it offers. Relationships between two people of the same type work easily but the couple, as a unit, is as effective as two different types. This is why I think 1-2 shared preferences, especially on primary functions, is ideal.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:42 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Lord_Morningstar wrote:
Leoba wrote:
You tell me.
I should have put a ;) after that comment. I was joking. :P It's a very stress-free seemingly balanced relationship. I guess I just hadn't realised how different we are, when in major decision stuff we seem to be the same.

I find this stuff fascinating. I read the whole Manwe thread earlier this year but never really took the time to peruse outside links as I should! :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 1:43 am
Not so deep as a well

Also remember--if push comes to shove, a P can J, but a J can never be brought to P... :D

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 4:04 am
Same as it ever was

AHAH!!

Lord_M

I knew I would find a thread like this here!!!

For the recored again, INTJ, but borderline on both T and J

Ax -long time no see!! And, what exactly is that comment of yours supposed to mean!! :P

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 8:11 am
Tricksy Elf!

Leoba wrote:
Lord_Morningstar wrote:
Leoba wrote:
You tell me.
I should have put a ;) after that comment. I was joking. :P It's a very stress-free seemingly balanced relationship. I guess I just hadn't realised how different we are, when in major decision stuff we seem to be the same.
Always reach the same decision, but by different routes. Can be kind wierd, but kind of comferting as well ;)

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 3:00 pm
Not so deep as a well

Apart from the play on words, a P dominant can force themselves to be more judgmental if required, even though it bugs the crap out of us. A J dominant cannot merely perceive without evaluating and judging, however.

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 3:20 pm
Same as it ever was

Hmmmm, well then I guess with me it just depends on what the subject matter at hand is, I am more likely a P when it comes to things I do not feel strongly about, but even when I feel strongly about something, I still always manage to see the other side. Maybe I am just schizophrenic! :)

OR maybe that is a factor of being nearly on the median point for the two traits.

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 3:24 pm
Not so deep as a well

The latter, I suspect. It parallels my experience with scores near the median for the other three trait pairs.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 3:26 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

The Watcher wrote:
I am more likely a P when it comes to things I do not feel strongly about, but even when I feel strongly about something, I still always manage to see the other side.
Likewise, I am very much on the fence between the two. In working this out I was very strongly one way or the other on all the other points, but where it came to choosing between P and J it was hard. The test only put me at 11% J, just to compound the matter.

May I join TheWatcher's schizophrenia club? :P:D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 7:46 am

Axordil wrote:
Apart from the play on words, a P dominant can force themselves to be more judgmental if required, even though it bugs the crap out of us. A J dominant cannot merely perceive without evaluating and judging, however.
Not really. Every preference is an area on a continuum. Thinkers can feel, sensors have some imagination, introverts can react with the world again. Likewise, judgers are capable of indecision just as perceivers are capable of decision. Remember, we all have an introverted and an extroverted information gathering function and an introverted and an extraverted decisive function. Their oder determines our type, but they’re all still there.

Profile Quote
GandalfStormcrow
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 8:01 am

Hey Lord_M, I messed up. I listed myself as an ENFJ, and IIRC I'm actually an ENFP. My bad!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 15  [ 285 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 515 »
Jump to: