board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

By popular demand: The MBTI

Post Reply   Page 13 of 15  [ 285 posts ]
Jump to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »
What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
INTP

13% [ 9 ]
INTJ

19% [ 14 ]
ENTP

1% [ 1 ]
ENTJ

3% [ 2 ]
INFP

18% [ 13 ]
INFJ

14% [ 10 ]
ENFP

4% [ 3 ]
ENFJ

6% [ 4 ]
ISTJ

10% [ 7 ]
ISFJ

8% [ 6 ]
Other SJ

1% [ 1 ]
SP

3% [ 2 ]
Total votes: 72
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Feb , 2006 8:09 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

That was an interesting test, Maria. Thanks for the link.

I tested as a faithful creator, which supposedly corresponds to an INFP. :rage: (I am an INTP, darnit! Just let me take the test in a few weeks, and it'll be right. :roll:)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
laureanna
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 5:59 am
Triathlete

Just came across this site:

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/personality-tests.html

I don't particularly like the test questions, because for almost all the questions, I wanted a dot that was dead center between the two options, and they didn't allow that. :rage:

It also labelled me a P, when I am emphatically a J. Though I have learned to spot and even tolerate Ps to some extent in my old age. I've even done wild and crazy things like leaving my personal calendar/organizer home on occasion. :P

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 6:21 am

Yep, that one didn't get it quite right. It said I was an INTJ, and that is soooo wrong. I am so a P (INTP, specifically). Obviously this is a weakness with this particular test, since it got yours wrong, too.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 4:44 pm

I just noticed that, unlike Manwe, there is a near-even split between Fs and Ts here. Neat. :)

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 9:31 pm

Whispers the word:

drama

...and runs quickly away!

;)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 01 Mar , 2006 9:45 pm
You are hearing me talk

LalaithUrwen wrote:
Yep, that one didn't get it quite right. It said I was an INTJ, and that is soooo wrong. I am so a P (INTP, specifically). Obviously this is a weakness with this particular test, since it got yours wrong, too.
It got me right. I've never failed to come up as INTP on any of the tests I've taken. Must be something to it.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 02 Mar , 2006 5:08 am

Yeah, well, you don't have female hormones wreaking havoc with your thought processes on a regular basis. :suspicious:

(It is incredibly annoying. I am really quite serious when I say that. I will sometimes test as an INFP because of this. What was weird about this test was that it got the INT part right but missed completely on the P, labeling me as a J instead. As I said above, I am thoroughly a P.)

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 02 Mar , 2006 3:16 pm

That one put me as an INFP. So, maybe I really am one, after all? ;)

It was interesting what it said about stress for INFPs:
Quote:
Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the INFP's shadow may appear - a negative form of ESTJ. Example characteristics are:

being very critical and find fault with almost everything
doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
becoming bossy or domineering and ignoring others' feelings
being pedantic about unimportant details

The shadow is part of the unconscious that is often visible to others, onto whom the shadow is projected. The INFP may therefore readily see these faults in others without recognising it in him/her self.
Perhaps my "shadow" was what led me to believe I was an ISTJ for so long? I was terribly uptight for a very long time.

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 02 Mar , 2006 5:40 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

That test labelled me as an INFJ, which is understandable since although I'm more of an INFP, I'm only a slight P so I display a lot of the INFJ characteristics. I liked the test, but it didn't seem to be long enough to accurately determine personality type. Because I know I'm more INFP than I am INFJ.

The personaldna.com page tested me as an ISFP...which is bizarre since I'm a more strongly expressed N than I am anything else. :scratch: Though a couple of other INFPs I know took that one and tested as ISFP, so maybe it's some weird quirk with the questions.

Profile Quote
Lurker
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 07 Mar , 2006 1:51 am

This is what I got from Maria's test.
I am a Cautious Leader

You are a Leader

Your solid grounding in the practicalities of life, along with your self-assuredness and your willingness to appreciate new things make you a LEADER.

You're in touch with what is going on around you and adept at remaining down-to-earth and logical.

Although you're detail-oriented, this doesn't mean that you lose the big picture.

You tend to find beauty in form and efficiency, as opposed to finding it in broad-based, abstract concepts.

Never one to pass on an adventure, you're consistently seeking and finding new things, even in your immediate surroundings.

Because of this eagerness to pursue new experiences, you've learned a lot; your attention to detail means that you gain a great deal from your adventures.

The intellectual curiosity that drives you leads you to seek out causes of and reasons behind things.

Your confidence gives you the potential to take your general awareness and channel it into leadership.

You're not set on one way of doing things, and you often have the skills and persistence to find innovative ways of facing challenges.

You are well-attuned to your talents, and can deal with most problems that you face.

Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts

You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

You have a strong sense of style and value your personal presentation - friends may even seek your style advice from time to time.

If you want to be different:

There's more to life than the practical - take some time to daydream and explore the aesthetic sides of things.

How You Relate to Others
You are Cautious

Being independent, practical, and somewhat guarded with others makes you CAUTIOUS.

You tend to keep to yourself, wary of trusting others with personal information.

The values that you hold are central to your identity—you are a very principled person.

You have respect for the natural order of things, and a good sense of right and wrong.

Investigating the world through observation, as opposed to interaction, is preferable to you.

You have an appreciation for those who have attained a certain level of accomplishment, particularly the rare few who have succeeded honestly.

You are efficient—when you work with others, you get down to business, and fulfill your obligations.

You sometimes wish that others would be more like you—less hindered by their emotions, more respectful, and more private.

I'm an INTP but I don't know if these are the traits of an INTP person, though. :scratch:

Caution...You are entering the NO SPIN ZONE.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 07 Mar , 2006 3:50 pm

OK, I found another test!

http://www.scientology.org/oca.htm

Here are my "results":

[ img ]

It's interesting that I bottom out on "withdrawn". I could have told you that! :LMAO: I wonder why they want people to max out on everything? That's a rather unbalanced view of life. :scratch: Very non-Tao....

I could get an in depth personal review by a local scientologist.... if only I'd put my real name and correct state in the beginning. ;) But somehow, I just couldn't bring myself to do that!

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 07 Mar , 2006 5:41 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Wow...I was "unacceptable" in all but two of those categories. :LMAO:

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 07 Mar , 2006 9:23 pm
You are hearing me talk

Scientology really creeps me out (they'll probably bring me to court for saying that).

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 08 Mar , 2006 3:35 pm

I've never looked into that particular religion. I just saw a link to the test on a different board I was looking at yesterday, on their MBTI thread.

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 08 Mar , 2006 4:40 pm
You are hearing me talk

MariaHobbit wrote:
I've never looked into that particular religion. I just saw a link to the test on a different board I was looking at yesterday, on their MBTI thread.
Yeah; just an off-handed comment. According to them, I'm good except for being a bit too nervous and withdrawn. I could have come up with that on my own. ;)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 08 Mar , 2006 4:53 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Do you have to provide a real email address in order to get the results?

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 08 Mar , 2006 4:58 pm
You are hearing me talk

Erunáme wrote:
Do you have to provide a real email address in order to get the results?
Not unless pseudonym@fakedomain.com really is someone's e-mail address! :D

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 08 Mar , 2006 7:01 pm

I used a real one, just because I wasn't sure if this was one that emailed results afterwards. There have been no emails to that account from them yet. Of course, the "name" I used could be a hint that I wasn't interested in further contact:

First name: I
Last name: Don't
address: Think
City: So

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 08 Mar , 2006 8:13 pm
Same as it ever was

MariaHobbit wrote:
I used a real one, just because I wasn't sure if this was one that emailed results afterwards. There have been no emails to that account from them yet. Of course, the "name" I used could be a hint that I wasn't interested in further contact:

First name: I
Last name: Don't
address: Think
City: So
:LMAO: :LMAO:

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 24 May , 2006 9:45 pm

Results from a very indepth MBTI-style personality test I recently took. Hopefully this makes some sense. It's quite interesting.

The graphical representation of my results:
[ img ]

And a bit of the intro and explanation (sorry bout the crappy formatting; I'm copying from a pdf file):
Quote:
2. INTRODUCTION
Thinking is the flow of electricity through our brain from one neuron to another through a bath of neurochemicals. How
skillfully we think depends on three interdependent factors: our preference, our competencies and whether or not we
are falsifying type.
A preference is a functionally specialized set of abilities, or gifts, which occur naturally within each of us as a result of
the specific combination and distribution of neuro-chemicals within our brain. Where the chemicals present create a
markedly lower level of electrical resistance, we have a natural preference. Here, the flow of electrical current we call
"thinking" is easy, almost effortless. Because using our preference is fun and energizing, all else equal, people will
develop and use their natural preference. Additionally, when using their preference, people report they are absorbed by
what they are doing and find concentration is natural and effortless. Significantly, our preference is stable throughout our
lives. It exists and persists whether we use it or not.
Where the chemicals present create a markedly higher level of electrical resistance, no such preference exists.
Moreover, according to Dr. Richard Haier, a pre-eminent researcher using PET scans to understand how our brain
functions, the level of resistance in these other areas is generally 100 times the level of resistance enjoyed in our area of
natural preference. Hence, we refer to these other areas and their modes of thinking as "non-preferred." In these
non-preferred modes we must work hard to "think" at all - to metabolize the greater amounts of energy needed to
overcome the higher resistance. For this reason, all other factors being equal, people generally procrastinate or avoid
tasks that rely heavily on their non-preferred modes, even when they have developed a substantial amount of skill or
competency in using them. Moreover, no amount of competency will change a non-preference to a preference.
Competencies, by contrast, are not generally innate, but are created and strengthened by usage or practice. They are
the normal, natural result of repeatedly using a particular ability. In some ways, competencies are more flexible than our
preference. At one time in our life we may develop competencies in one area. At another time, in response to different
opportunities or needs, we may develop a completely different set of competencies in a very different area of the cortex.
Not surprisingly, Preferred Competencies, those we develop in our natural preference, are highly dependable and energy
efficient, even energizing. By contrast, non-preferred competencies are less dependable and less energy efficient. These
truths are consolidated in the following two Rules of Thumb:
People are most productive, happiest and healthiest when they:
1. develop, use and are rewarded for using their natural preference and its gifts; and
2. accept and manage their natural mental weaknesses effectively.
Despite these truths, experience has shown that a person's natural preference is often overshadowed or obscured by
environmental pressures. Indeed, a key problem for many people is that "all factors" are not "equal". Many environments
(families, organizations, companies and cultures) regularly reward certain types of thinking, while ignoring or punishing
others. This imbalance often causes people to develop and use Non-Preferred Competencies heavily. Dr. Carl Jung
called this reliance on non-preferred competencies "Falsifying Type ." The costs of falsifying type frequently, over time,
include chronic fatigue, irritability, depression and diminished productivity. For more on the costs of Falsifying Type, see
Thriving In Mind , especially Chapter 8 which discusses PASS, the medical syndrome that often accompanies Falsifying
Type.
For this reason, the BTSA was designed to measure the dynamic process of how your thinking has developed from
adolescence to the present. It, and this feedback document, are tools designed to help you determine if and to what
extent you are falsifying type, and discover and affirm your natural preference. As such, they can empower you to
become happier, healthier and more effective.
Quote:
YOUR STRENGTHS
For easy reference, profiles are defined and identified by how many modes (single, double, triple) and which modes
(Frontal Left, Basal Right, etc.) are the strongest (HIGH or VERY HIGH). Thus, a person whose only score above 80 is
in the FRONTAL LEFT mode is called a "Frontal Left," and a person scoring above 80 in both the BASAL LEFT and
BASAL RIGHT is called a "Double Basal."
For example, you might say:
"I'm a BASAL LEFT. That's why balancing the check book is so important to me."
Or
"He's a FRONTAL RIGHT. That's why he hasn't balanced his check book in 30
years."
Or
"We're such good friends, and now I know why. We're both committed BASAL
RIGHTS."
Or
"Now I know why we have such difficulty understanding each other. We're a brain
apart. You're a FRONTAL LEFT, and I'm a BASAL RIGHT."
Consequently, as your ADULT PROFILE indicates strength in the FRONTAL LEFT and FRONTAL RIGHT, we say you
are or you are thinking like a DOUBLE FRONTAL.
As a DOUBLE FRONTAL you are conceptual, scientific and strategic. Your focus is on growth, expansion and
trouble-shooting. Your underlying assumptions are that: the most powerful and desirable growth is innovative; and
long-term strategies offer more opportunity because "the greater the risk, the greater the win."
I'll post more if somebody's actually interested. :)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 13 of 15  [ 285 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »
Jump to: