Post Reply   Page 6 of 13  [ 243 posts ]
Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 813 »
IdylleSeethes
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Jun , 2005 5:21 pm

Eruname,

This is where your help should be:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Help\help.html

The likely problems are that it is looking somewhere else or that it the file is missing. If it's missing, you need to get a copy from somewhere. ;) If the file is there but the pointer is to the wrong place, you will have to find where the pointer is and fix it.

Idylle in exile: the view over the laptop on a bad day
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 13 Jun , 2005 2:30 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Hey! I can access it that way! :D It's been taken over by the SBC browser for some odd reason but at least I can access it now.

Thanks so much Idylle. :)

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2005 3:02 am

Glad to see you got it to work, Eru. It's harder to start with, but now that I'm used to it I prefer Photoshop so much over all the other programs that I've used. (I took an art course using it, so that made me learn how to use it!)

Also, some new pictures, just because I'm bored:

A necklace I made (with matching earrings, but I lost one)

[ img ]

And I like to sew, so now that I have access to my materials and such, I've made some purses. This one's made from an old pair of pants and my sister's old skirt,and is also reversible. ;)

[ img ] [ img ]

I'm now attempting a purse made entirely out of duct tape and want to try some new things with it (using colored duct tape and some other things as well).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
The Tennis Ball Kid
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 22 Jun , 2005 12:50 am
Seeking Wimbledon

Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Erinhue
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 17 Jul , 2005 4:17 am
Iluvatar's Bright Spirit

Very interesting idea for a thread. Creativity comes in so many different forms its good to have a forum, thread anyway, for all sorts of expression and craft.

I write poetry and I am working on a book (ain't we all)

I always hear poetry first. I can hear the beat of the rhythm the poem will take. I never can get the right words until I can hear the whole poem. Once I can hear it then the rhythm will often suggest phrases which are sometimes random and sometimes connected to the subject I wanted to write about, if I already had one in mind. Once I get that I can work around it like a frame and soon as Im happy with the feel of the whole thing, I got a poem.

When I write, either for RP or for a story or(sometime soon) working on my novel I tend to see it in scenes or I will hear the dialog, usually one character will say something and the conversation will build on that. I usually hear my characters voice before I see them. I always know what the voice sounds like and that helps me shape the character.

I don't quite understand how it works out but if I can't hear it, if I can't feel the rhythm of the thing, I can't write it.

You would know the secret of Death?
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life. For Life and Death are one even as the river and the sea are one.

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 17 Jul , 2005 9:37 pm
Everything Is Numb

Good to see you here, Erinhue. I've always admired your work on TORC. Now, I'm certainly no great writer, but I do enjoy writing in RPGs. I'm only working on one, but I've been surprised by the way I write since the RPG is the first time I've written anything since high school. Sometimes I'll have a hard time getting started with my post. I may think about it for a couple of days before I can even get an idea of what I want to write next (though I do have basic outlines of what I want my characters to do in the future). Yet once I actually sit down and start writing, the character herself (or himself) takes over. Does that make any sense? It's like Violet or Fosco knows what they want to do next and it just comes out. I can see them and hear them, but it is like the story is already taking place and I just write what I see. Like I don't have total control over what they do.

OK, most of that was probably just jibberish :) I shouldn't post and eat a chili dog at the same time :LMAO:

~Sidonzo

Profile Quote
Erinhue
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 17 Jul , 2005 11:42 pm
Iluvatar's Bright Spirit

That makes perfect sense to me. My characters always talk to me and some of it seems to have nothing to do with the story at least at the moment. Most often I find out later just why they said what they said. They will often refuse to do what I wanted and I generally find out that they were right not to do it.

My best experience with this is from the second of the series I am working on. One afternoon when I was facing a particularly blank wall I suddenly heard a voice in my head. It was a young man and he said "My name is Jeff, I'm a bartender and I belong in this story."

I was very surprised but after working more on the story I found that I did indeed need another character and with my hero's fondness for pub crawling, having the new face be a bartender was a perfect fit. Jeff was a nice enough name and it fit the feel of the setting so I started writing him in and all of a sudden I had his introductory scene. As I wrote it I discovered that he only tended bar part time. His full time career was well it was mine, this Jeff ran a community center which all worked out to fill in some major holes I had in the story and a plotline I never even considered before. Jeff it turns out is the character that has the key to the whole story's ending.

You would know the secret of Death?
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life. For Life and Death are one even as the river and the sea are one.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 18 Jul , 2005 2:06 am

I like your drawing Sidonzo. :) It looks like it's a mix of watercolor and colored pencil?

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 18 Jul , 2005 2:40 am
Everything Is Numb

Thanks Eru. It's mostly colored pencil, but I went the less messy and more lazy route with the background. I just colored it with water-based markers and then painted over it with water. I did the same thing in this picture:

[ img ]

~Sidonzo

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 23 Sep , 2005 1:43 am

Want to brag on some photoshopping of mine. :P

We took this picture of Sam:

[ img ]

The glare on the eyes isn't exactly desireable.

Iavas tried to fix the picture:

[ img ]

Now Sam looks kind of unnatural. :Q

So I decided to see if I could make the pupils look dark while retain the glint of the eyes:

[ img ]

I think I did pretty good! :D

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Whistler
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Sep , 2005 2:07 am

I'm an illustrator, graphic designer and cartoonist.

I don't believe I've posted anything here before, but here's a link to some of my work on the website of a friend who acts as a sort of artist's agent. Most of this stuff is very old, as I'm too lazy to keep it updated:

http://www.thedesignsmith.com/talent.ph ... =show&id=6

Not included on the website are photos of a rare (meaning, first and last) venture into the field of sculpture. Here are a few shots of two figures from Disney's interpretation of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, from Fantasia. I created these for a presentation at Walt Disney Imagineering.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Sep , 2005 6:02 am

Thanks for sharing Whistler!

The sculptures are amazing! :Q

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Sep , 2005 8:41 am
of Vinyamar

:Q

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 17 Jun , 2006 5:10 am

Did a painting for my dad for Father's Day. It's of an adenium (a succulent) or commonly named a Desert Rose.

It's an okay painting. It's not horrible but it's not great. There's quite a bit I'm not happy with, but I don't have the skill to do any better unfortunately. Must practice more...if only painting weren't so scary.

The shadows on the flower aren't nearly so prevalent in real life. My scanner's crap and oversaturates things. I did my best to fix it in Photoshop. So imagine those purple shadowy areas and veins as not so noticeable. :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 14 Jul , 2006 3:29 pm

Not that anyone seems interested, but:

Here's the last picture I painted. It was to show my mom how to use watercolors. I did a demo from a book I owned since that was a heck of a lot easier than coming up with something of my own.

This is the quickest painting I've done. It took about 30 minutes. Since my mom was watching me, I didn't want to get too nitpicky and I felt that really I was working too fast and trying not to care about the mistakes I made...though it seemed to produce better results for the most part. :scratch:

Two versions since neither my scanner or digital camera give a good representation. The clarity is right from the scanner but the colors are more correct from the camera:

[ img ] [ img ]

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 15 Jul , 2006 7:11 pm
Waiting for winter

Eru,

Of course we’re interested, at least I am! Sorry I missed your last post here, I was gone for a few weeks myself while I was busy at work, but I always like seeing your paintings.

The windmill is really quite good for a thirty minute painting. I remember when I was in architecture school I took a class on architectural rendering and one of things the professor had do was something he called serendipity design. The idea was simply to put color on a piece of paper as quickly as possible, using watercolors, without trying to actually paint anything in particular. After we were done we would go back and try to find things in the paintings that could be used as design ideas. It was a really good way to just loosen up and let things flow without being worried about what you doing. I still use the technique to this day; I just pick up a pen and start scribbling lines until I find something I like. It’s quite liberating, in a way.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 15 Jul , 2006 8:45 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

I started drawing classes last week, something I've promised myself for a long time. I am too sloppy and derivative and need the discipline of a teacher. If I produce anything that I find respectable I will try to post it together with something made beforehand.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Donernilwen
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Aug , 2006 4:40 pm
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

Wow, all of you guys are really talented. I have a hard time making anything I draw/paint/color in a sponge bob coloring book look half as decent (Stupid crayons going outside the lines! :P).

I don't consider myself an artist at all, but I like to fill the empty hours making jewelry, clothing, and various crafts. I belong to a great website for ideas, feedback, and inspiration called Craftster.org and love it.
Just thought I'd share some of my recent projects in here. :)

[ img ]
Bracelet/earing set and beaded mermaid keychain I made for a craft swap.
[ img ]
Converse shoes I colored to look like watermelons. hehe.
[ img ]
Paintchip Wallet.

Anyways, most of my other things are on this page if you aren't already bored out of your head. :P
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/N ... s/?start=0

Once again, you guys are awesome.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 15 Sep , 2006 8:20 am
Hasta la victoria, siempre

Oh, WOW. Those shoes...! :Q

OMG. Don, can I nick your idea? I have THE most boring pair of converses that don't go with anything, and wow! The watermelon shoes are amazing! :D

Wow!

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Donernilwen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 20 Nov , 2006 8:35 pm
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

It's a bit of a delayed response, but go for it Pips!:P

Here is a gift I made my mom in my wood class.

[ img ]

The piano is an antique and my mom fell in love with it, but the bench was missing so I designed and made one for her. :)

-Janell

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 13  [ 243 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 813 »
Jump to: