The Last Homely Site on the Web

Firefly and Serenity

Post Reply   Page 2 of 8  [ 152 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Jun , 2005 11:13 pm
Takoyaki is love

I just got a ticket to an advance screening!!!!

*Happy Dance*

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Jun , 2005 1:26 pm
of Vinyamar

Great News Wilma!!!!

I expect a full SPOILERLESS REVIEW!!!!

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Jun , 2005 3:12 pm
Takoyaki is love

Don't worry I am anti spoilers. ;)

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
notlistening
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 3:51 am

very jealous! :rage: :D

have to wait until November. :(

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Jun , 2005 10:29 am
Takoyaki is love

Well us Canadian Browncoats begged and guilt tripped Universal into getting a screening. There us a reason I suggested that Serenity movie site. Universal keeps tabs on what goes on there. Our Yahoo group Listmum is sort of in conatct with them so she always drops hints as to when it is important to post in a particular thread. :) Not a single Toronto ticket ended up on eBay since the browncoats were so organized. If it wasn't for them I never would have been able to get at icket. Me wuvs the Canadian Browncoats :love:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 5:40 am
Takoyaki is love

Sean Marr (the actor who played Simon) was at the Toronto screening. Holy Frell the movie is amazing!!!! You do not have to see the series to get into the movie, but it still has stuff for the hard core fans!!!

I will also say avoid spoilers at all costs!!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 6:34 am
Living in hope

Lucky Wilma! :love:

I'm contemplating getting the DVD set just to be caught up—when is the film coming out again? I saw at least six episodes when they were broadcast, but they were so obviously out of order! And my husband didn't ever settle into it, the way he finally did into B5, which went from "that space show you watch" to "probably the best TV series I've ever seen"—in fact he has never yet watched the last episode, "Sleeping in Light," because he's afraid it will be too devastating. Must be the time he came in after our son and I had just watched it again and we were hugging each other and crying. . . . :D

(We have almost all of Farscape, and I'm starting in on that with him!).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 7:46 am
Takoyaki is love

If you can watch the eps most definitely do it. In order. It is truly a different show I think. At the screening I was comparing my initial reactions (FOX, those idiots) to those who only saw the DVDs and it really is a huge difference.

People have been comparing those who saw the series to those who saw the movie and although you can easily get into it...... let's just say the series knowledge improves the movie even more. ;)

And yes of course pimp Farscape!! What do you think I was doing in between all the talk about Serenity!!! I also, got to dazzle some browncoats with our Farscape emmy consideration ads that were paid for by fans. Made a big impression. Especially when I told them about Variety a couple of years ago.

Sean Mahar was a sweetie. I got a picture with him, but I do not think we were looking at the same camera but oh well. Looks really nice in person.

Also, I have heard rumours on the dates for the next screening. If only I had an idea of when they announce screenings. PM me if you want me to pass on the screening rumours. To quote another movie: 'Luck favours the prepared.'

Edit: the movie comes out September 30th.

Also, for those who want to see Serenity your new mantra should become 'Spoilers Bad!!!!' Seriously avoid it as much as you can. There were some spoiled browncoats and they sure regretted it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 8:02 am
Takoyaki is love

You know I realized I never posted the website that lists the screening dates and gives links where to buy tickets!!! :oops:

www.cantstopthesignal.com

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 9:13 am
of Vinyamar

Give us a benchmark Wilma. What should we expect? For example, I thought Peacekeeper Wars was great but didn't reach the heights of lates Season 3 Farscape.

How does it rate against other SciFi movies, OT Star Wars, Star Trek Movies?

Is it better than anything we saw in the series or just the same high standard as eps like "Out of Gas"?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2005 9:37 pm
Takoyaki is love

I think it's better then Revenge of the Sith. In writing and action.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Jun , 2005 2:03 pm
of Vinyamar

Unfortunately Wilma, that's a pretty low benchmark. How would you rate it against a good sci-fi movie like say, Empire Strikes Back or Blade Runner?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Jun , 2005 3:48 pm
Takoyaki is love

I haven't seen either. :(

One person said they felt after that movie the same way they did when they saw the first Star Wars movie in 1977. Hows that?

It's one of those movies that will leave your hair standing on end, right from the first minute till the last five.

You see when I fall in love with a movie or TV show, I find it very difficult to compare it to other things, since most of the time it can't measure up.

Hmmm... Let's just say the dial the TV series up to 1000!!!!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 25 Jun , 2005 3:51 pm
of Vinyamar

Now that's a benchmark!

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
:thewave:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2005 1:59 am
Takoyaki is love

Picture!!!

[ img ]

There is a second one but we are looking at 2 different cameras. ;)

It looks like the Toronto Star will be doing an article on the screening. It comes out tommorrow. I hope it is good.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2005 1:09 pm
of Vinyamar

I assume you've seen this but maybe others haven't!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/P ... 7fhfxg.asp

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2005 4:46 pm
Takoyaki is love

Also, the Toronto Star did an article!!! Guess who's in the picture.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... alogin=yes

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2005 4:55 pm
Living in hope

That's our Wilma! :D

Great picture. Great article, too!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2005 6:31 pm
Takoyaki is love

I bought a copy and the picture is huge!!!!! You can see all my Farscape pins!! I got out of work to go to that screening. Oh dear!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2005 6:51 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

w00t w00t for Wilma!!!

I know I just told you online, but I wanna repeat that I am so glad to see you in the papers like that. I never would have appeared in one either if it weren't for you, and it always bothered me that we were both on that busload of LOTR fans at the Gathering, but only my face showed up and yours was obscured. So now my Wilms gets her due. :D:D:D

*bookmarks*

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 8  [ 152 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
Jump to: