Walk to Rivendell

Post Reply   Page 37 of 39  [ 775 posts ]
Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 30 May , 2006 8:09 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
The pool is all fenced up, but I'm sure the sound of me on a bike will rock the deck and make people think there's an earthquake or something.
Perhaps they will think you are employing other forms of physical activity!

:devil:

At least you are keeping active... even if it is just a 5th of a mile each day! Just keep going! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 31 May , 2006 12:58 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Cem, you are gross.

:damnfunny: :rofl: :damnfunny: :rofl:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 31 May , 2006 1:07 am
TTBK's cemmie

:D

What?

It counts as exercise too!

:P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 31 May , 2006 2:12 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Oh I know. ;) But I can't think of many sounds a neighbor would want to hear less lol!

Thankfully there are other forms of exercise out there, else I'd be fucked.

Wait a minute...

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 31 May , 2006 3:04 am
TTBK's cemmie

:LMAO:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Jun , 2006 5:20 am

Things worked out today and I had the energy to get on the bike for almost a full hour! I got in over 13 miles and my new total is 347.605 miles. Hope to keep this up. It suddenly being June makes me realize I'll be in Toronto in less than a month. :neutral:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Jun , 2006 2:20 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Just keep going, *E*! :hug:

I know I am hardly one to give advice these days. :roll: Today being one of the worst of all, but well, I believe in you. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Jun , 2006 9:37 pm

Amongst my friends, all that matters is that they support me. I do admit that outside of that circle, sometimes it annoys me when people tell me to do things that they themselves do not. So, yeah, when my parents blow smoke in my face until I feel sick and then tell me how unhealthy my eating habbits are, I get slightly Hulkish green at people like that offering health tips. But otherwise, the whole "do as I say, not as I do" thing isn't really an issue. And I don't just say this because I do it myself. I often know what the "right thing to do" is, but I just can't bring myself to do it. However, if someone is there beside me telling me that I can, though it is not a miracle drug, it does help, and that is why I do it for others. That and they probably do listen to advice, unlike myself. :P

I hope your weekend fares better than your Friday, cem. :hug:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Jun , 2006 10:34 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
I hope your weekend fares better than your Friday, cem. :hug:
:hug: back. I'd appreciate some spare good thoughts if you have any. Going through a rougher than normal patch.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 02 Jun , 2006 10:39 pm

Lots of spares! *sends several out cem's way*

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 03 Jun , 2006 1:21 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Thanks so much, darlin'. :)

Thanks for talking to me too. Meant alot!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Jun , 2006 12:52 am

I don't think I'm much help, but I try.

Just lemme know what I gotta do and soon enough I'll learn to do it without being prodded! :D

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Jun , 2006 4:05 am
TTBK's cemmie

You're doing great! :D :hug:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Jun , 2006 11:17 am

Happy Monday morning, cem. To a new week. :cheers:

I did another fifteen miles today and really hope to get in some more before the night is over. It felt amazing because at some points I saw the spedometer go up to 50 km an hour and it took no effort at all. I was actually reading a chapter in my book where two young boys narrowly escape death by hopping on their magical bike and riding to "beat the devil" as they call it. I didn't care if I completely obliterated the bike, I had to go that fast and finish the end of the chapter. It was great.

New total is 378.915 miles. I don't even have to go four miles a day to reach Rivendell by the time I have to leave for the Gathering. w000t!!! Usually I feel like crap, so I am drinking this in and saving it for a rainy day. :D

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Jun , 2006 12:52 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*, that sounds AWESOME!! :D :D :D

Really great... now just keep going!

I didn't do anything last week ( :( ) so I need to make up for it this week. I got an excercise machine from my sister last week during her move from apartment to home. (It's called an eliptical, I think.) Anyway, I need to put some time in on that, plus continue doing yoga & getting out & walking. :roll:

But I'm glad you are doing so well! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Jun , 2006 1:02 pm

I think an eliptical is what Estel has, and she's gotten twenty pounds off this year! With that and the yoga, plus the amazing results you've seen so far, I know you'll keep losing the weight, cem. :hug:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Jun , 2006 3:49 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Thank you, dear. Really, thank you. These next couple of weeks are not going to be easy. (Are they ever? :roll:) It's been a pleasure being able to get some support from you. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 09 Jun , 2006 10:33 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I want to apologize for not taking part in this thread recently. I've had a damn hard time getting myself to exercise these past few months.

The fact that I'm going back to England fatter than I was last time I was there has jolted me a bit, so I'm going to do my best to exercise now. I've been doing alright with the eating better and not eating too many calories.

Did any of you ever watch The Biggest Loser? It was amazing because in the first week, all of the contestants lost a crap load of weight...like around 15-20 pounds for the females and 20-30 pounds for the males. Right now I so wish I could do that. I wrote a long PM to Sassafras (kind of on the lines of my last LJ entry) and she told me there was a way to drop fat quickly:

Eat only 6-8oz of white fish and 1 cup of steamed cabbage 6 times a day...oh and drink one and a half gallons of water, plus an hour of cardio in the morning and another in the evening. Now, I'm not a huge fan of fish, but I thought I'd give this a try as it would be wonderful to lose some fat before going back to England.

Well, I don't think it's going to happen. I ate the fish and cabbage yesterday for my late afternoon meal and it tasted good then. Stupidly I twisted my ankle when getting the mail, but it seemed okay to exercise on so I did. After exercising I should have eaten, but my stomach felt naseous at the thought of eating fish. I ended up having some grapes (not like that's bad or anything...it's just not good for the radical fat loss eating plan). Also after working out, my ankle was worse (still hurts today). So I've sprained it. Way to go. :roll: Now I can't use the treadmill and possibly not the eliptical. I'll have to use the stationary bike which sucks. It's a crap bike. Plus I won't burn as many calories with it. But I'll get more miles. :P Anyway, today I tried to do fish again. Couldn't stomach it for breakfast. I had a bowl of oatmeal and a piece of fruit. Still not bad at all, but not within the fish diet. :neutral: I had the fish and cabbage for lunch and while I don't at all mind the cabbage, the fish made me gag several times. There's no way in hell I can do this six times a day.

I'm not going to get down on myself for not being able to stick to that radical eating plan because I'm still eating pretty darned well and that's a good thing. I'm also back to exercising and want to keep on doing it. That's a good thing too. I'll just have to deal with going back to England more overweight and having to buy some more fat clothes ('cause I have hardly anything to wear that fits me). I was lazy so I'm dealing with the consequences.

Still, I hardly doubt those biggest loser people only ate fish and cabbage for a whole week. I'm wondering if I can keep up the two hours of cardio (plus at some yoga in...about an hour's worth) if I could possibly get some big results. Probably not but it's worth a shot.

I'm at 412.11 miles right now. Not too far to Rivendell and if I keep up the two hours of cardio a day, I'll make it soon. :)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 09 Jun , 2006 11:00 pm

Eru, I can't write a longer post at the moment (bad winds last night picked up our outdoors table and threw it into the pool) but I just wanted to say that there is no need to appologize on our account anyway, it is just lovely to see you in this thread again! It has helped me get back into walking and biking. I hope the encouraging environment helps you, too.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 10 Jun , 2006 4:04 am
TTBK's cemmie

Eru, I think you should still try to eat a balanced diet. The fish thing just sounds wrong.

Just keep working on it... as I told *E* earlier, even if you can't lose a miracle 20 lbs in a week... (I'm sorry, but just because they do it on "tv" doesn't mean that you could or should do it at home!) If you are working on losing weight people will be able to tell. Trust me! :)

:hug: Hang in there, both of you! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 37 of 39  [ 775 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
Jump to: