Walk to Rivendell

Post Reply   Page 38 of 39  [ 775 posts ]
Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 10 Jun , 2006 4:19 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

cemthinae wrote:
Eru, I think you should still try to eat a balanced diet. The fish thing just sounds wrong.
Well, it was Sassafras who told me about it, she's a personal trainer, and she's done it before. I'm guessing it's something bodybuilders do to prepare for an upcoming competition. White fish isn't fatty, but still gives you the proper protein and cabbage the proper complex carbs. It was only going to be a two week thing...only temporary to shock my body.

Needless to say, I didn't stick to it tonight either. I was so craving a burger. So I used a veggie patty(that's really tasty!), a whole wheat bun, lettuce, tomato, dill pickles, mushrooms, and a little bit of ketchup. So it was a healthy burger. :D Plus some baked fries with just a tiny bit of olive oil on them and spiced with garlic, thyme, rosemary and a tiny bit of salt. All in all a good meal, though really, I shouldn't have the potato late in the day. :neutral:
Quote:
(I'm sorry, but just because they do it on "tv" doesn't mean that you could or should do it at home!)
They did it properly on the TV show. It's a really great show. The trainers getting people eating just the right amount of calories for the three hours of working out they do 6 days a week (I think two hours of cardio and an hour of weights/resistance training.) They even did some shows were they took regular ol' families, had them train with the trainers for a week then go home and continue the program. The results were still amazing. Basically it shows what you can do when you eat the proper amount of calories and exercise.
Quote:
If you are working on losing weight people will be able to tell. Trust me! :)
Well, Iavas and my parents will be the only ones. The reason I'm stressing is because I go back to England in two weeks. They've not seen me since December and I'm going to be fatter. I was hoping for the opposite. If you read the first entry in my LJ ( http://erunameundomiel.livejournal.com/ ) you might understand a bit more.

Anyway, tonight I did eliptical/exercise bike/eliptical. I can only do about 25 minutes on the eliptical unfortunately. It's just a bit too tiring. So I went and did 25 minutes on the bike. I would have done the whole 35 but the bike doesn't really get my heart rate going enough and I'm obviously not burning as many calories. I had to pedal fairly fast to get my heart rate up and I couldn't keep that going for the whole time because my leg muscles would give out. The one good thing about the bike: I can get 9 miles in 25 minutes! Good for my mileage tally. ;) Anyway, I did the last 10 minutes on the eliptical which was tough because my legs were tired.

Total of 12.3 miles tonight, total = 424.41. Only 30 someodd miles to Rivendell! And with me doing the bike twice a day plus the other stuff, I'll be there in a day and a half. :)

:hug: Hang in there, both of you! :D[/quote]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 10 Jun , 2006 4:41 am
TTBK's cemmie

Eru, I watched the first season of Biggest Loser. The problem is that all those people do, all day, is work with a personal trainer... if I could afford to do that... I'd look great in 2 weeks too.

But I can't, so I have learned to take the slow & steady route. In the end I know that I'll be fine, it's just going to take some time. :)

Your family should love you no matter what weight you are... of course, mine has been down on my weight before so I can't fault you for being upset about it. :hug:

I have an eliptical too... I can't work on it very long because my old knee injury is continuing to flare up. (It started up again in Edinburgh, after about a year of not bothering me.) The hard thing about my knee is that for it to heal I need to lose alot of weight... to lose alot of weight I need to use my knee! :roll:

I'll look up your LJ & probably add you to mine. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Jun , 2006 4:30 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Just over 412 miles now. I didn't bike for a week. :doh1: I think it was from dealing with b77 and Gathering stuff, but now that most of that is figured out or in the hands of others, I finally got it into my head to hop on the damn thing and do a bit of work tonight. Would have liked to do more than 11 miles, but the lighting in here is bad so I couldn't read from the computer, I get bored just sitting there biking for an hour, but if I read a book it hurts my back since my hands are occupied. Have figured things out before, so will prolly do so again. :P *crosses fingers*

How's things goin' with you, Eru?? We're at almost the same distance - wanna race to the finish line with me? :)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 25 Jun , 2006 9:21 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Eru, I must appologize for not finishing the journey to Rivendell with you. :oops:

In getting ready for my trip tomorrow, it dawned on me that WTR was started so that folks could do those miles before the first Gathering..... and I was so close to reaching that goal that I simply could not allow another Gathering to roll around without me having traveled 458 miles. Even though I'm terribly busy, this just had to be done. Between last night and this afternoon, I pedaled my little heart out as if the wraiths were actually giving chase. The last few miles, I almost thought I lost my mind because I kept laughing out loud for some reason, and bringing the spedometer up to almost twice my usual pace, willing that fucker to change numbers more quickly. I had a rough idea of what it needed to say before I could quit. So, ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to announce that since July 16th of last year, I have walked/biked.....

458.99 miles. :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO:

Fuck yeah, I made it to Rivendell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna kick back with the elves, rest for a couple of weeks, and then ship out again to who knows where. Lothlorien, Minas Tirith... I haven't decided. Lots of time to think about it. :cool:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 26 Jun , 2006 8:19 pm
TTBK's cemmie

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 26 Jun , 2006 8:27 pm

:D :D :D :D
Quote:
Lothlorien, Minas Tirith... I haven't decided. Lots of time to think about it.
How bout Orlando? :cool:

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 11 Jul , 2006 6:47 am

I would rather fly there and see you sooner. :kiss: But in the meantime, I can surely tighten my laces and start heading that way. :sunny:

I got in about seven miles at the Gathering. Will double check that, though. This has only been my first full day home, but I don't want to wait too long before biking again. Happy thoughts to you all.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Aug , 2006 4:07 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*blows dust off thread*

Ok, I'm starting this up again. I took off some time because I was too stressed out and frantically finding a job. Since that is out of the way... I will be walking my fanny off... or at least I hope too! ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Aug , 2006 11:33 pm

Hi, cem!

I've only been doing some walking here and there but nothing major. It takes me a long time to wind down from a moot - will just have to accept that. :oops: But I'm still about ten pounds less from what I was before Toronto, so this is something to keep up with. As always, my only real issue is diet. Sick of having nachos or popcorn for a meal. And so much pasta! It's the only thing I know how to make. Worse: if I was given a few hundred bucks and told I could eat out every single night of the week, I couldn't tell you what I felt like having. I'd eat something eventually, but it probably wouldn't be satisfying.

Going to the movies tonight. No popcorn for me. Will try a hotdog, or maybe run over to McDonald's for a salad if anything. :shrug:

Anyhoo, I'm up to 490 miles and hope to bike later on. I did over a mile of walking this evening on some heavy uphill terrain, so drinking lots of water and having a shower will make me feel pretty accomplished. As long as my brother remembers to sit down and help me write a resume, I'll have gotten everything on my to-do list!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Aug , 2006 4:14 am
TTBK's cemmie

Hi *E*! :D :wave:

I did half a mile today... finally...

:roll:

Slow going for Cem these days.

If you need help with your resume let me know. I know a few people who could help you. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Aug , 2006 4:50 am

I may take you up on it because Tom has not spoken to me since I asked him about that. And I really don't want to sit around waiting for him! Would rather take things into my own hands than even allowing someone to put themselves in a position where I can blame them for holding me back. :P Will yell at him tomorrow or something lol.

Did that uphill trek again. I like it. Nice view, usually run into other hikers, it only takes forty minutes, it's a lot of work, but it's good for me. I just hope to get my sleeping back on track so that I can walk in the mornings, and bike in the evenings. As such, I'm walking in the mornings, but it's the end of the day for me cuz of all-nighters. In the meantime, I'm drinking a bit more water and trying to keep myself busy.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Aug , 2006 3:00 am
TTBK's cemmie

I just don't have the energy to walk much now, but I did half a mile. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Aug , 2006 6:49 am

It was miserable rain today and I still went out. Yay for me. Just over a mile, as usual. On the flat path, though, not the hilly one. Didn't want to slip and fall in some mud or down a hill. Total's roughly 492 miles now.

Slow and steady, cem! You're just getting back into it. Things will pick up when you can. :)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Aug , 2006 4:46 pm
TTBK's cemmie

It looks to be slow and steady for awhile, actually.

Doesn't mean I'm giving up. Just means I physically can't do what I used to. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Aug , 2006 5:04 pm

Did you pull a muscle or is this a time factor? :( We both know that any walking is good walking, at least. :hug:

I did the same hilly route again only in the reverse. It should be the same amount of work for the most part, but my pedometer gives me smaller and smaller readings every single day. :roll: First time I did this path it said 1.5 miles, and now it's down to 0.9 miles. Even more reasons to hate walking. :) I prefer the bike, but walking gives my entire body something to do and I really notice the difference in how I feel after each activity. Walking is definitely the heavier workout. But who freaking knows how far I'm going anymore. Yes, I'm happy to be exercising, but I really want to know the miles as well.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Aug , 2006 7:05 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Let's just say I'm in poor health right now.

I'm sure things will get better eventually, but I am battling fatigue for the moment.

:)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Aug , 2006 3:13 pm
TTBK's cemmie

1/2 more mile.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 29 Aug , 2006 11:14 pm
TTBK's cemmie

1 more mile.

Beginning to feel like Dorie.

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 30 Aug , 2006 2:27 am

That's what I do while walking. It's so slow going. Actually, I do it while biking, too. :P Just wanna get those miles behind me ASAP!

Keep at it, cem darling. Any is better than nothing.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 30 Aug , 2006 2:36 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Does stationary biking count here?

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 38 of 39  [ 775 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 135 36 37 38 39 »
Jump to: