board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

I have just heard...(ROTK EE thread spoilers clearly marked)

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 32 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 12:59 pm

I gotta see that documentary and be all like 'I WAS THERE WITH GEEKS!'

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 1:06 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Anneri wrote:
Major disappointment at Aragorn and the palantir - excuse me, but I don't want to see the Evenstar breaking twice.
I was not pleased to hear this, and I'm sure I will not be happy to watch it. :evil: :evil: What purpose it serves, I don't know. The dream sequence was fine, but real life, too? Not just overkill, but mean. Its the evenstar for chrissake. PJ is a jerk.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 11 Dec , 2004 1:12 pm

*E*, perhaps it won't be so bad. Quoting Iavas from m00bies...
iavas wrote:
Quote:
-Aragorn Masters the Palantír. I really liked this addition until Aragorn again drops the Evenstar (as opposed to his dream), and promptly falls. I think it puts Aragorn in a bad light as (in the TE) the new King was going from strength to strength after the battle. This was a moment of weakness at the wrong time.

I haven't seen it yet, but dropping the Evenstar strikes me as appropiate for several reasons:

1. When Aragorn first handled the palantir, he collapsed instantly. Whether it goes all his way or not in his next encounter, it's still a big step up from that earlier scene.

2. It will make Aragorn's decision to face Sauron all the braver if he goes into it knowing he will have a tough time and have to pay a price.

3. I think it would weaken Sauron as a villain if Aragorn completely got the upper hand before the final battle. To maintain the tension at the Black Gate, we have to believe that Sauron is still a psychological threat to Aragorn.

4. It makes the earlier dream sequence a much more meaningful part of the plot. In the TE, the dream didn't really seem to connect to anything, now it is a nice piece of foreshadowing, and we better understand why Aragorn wakes in a panic.

5. There may also be some interesting symbolism (tied to my Evenstar = anti-Ring theory), but I'll need to see it first.

Profile Quote
satch
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 7:32 pm

SPOILER!!!1 (I think? LOL)

The spikey wheelie thingy kinda sucked... How anticlimatic do they wanna make it?! "And then Saruman fell onto a spike and died."

...Errr.... :neutral:

"Oats For World Peace!"

Pics from Madagascar: One, Two, Three..., Four!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 7:53 pm
Milk and kisses

Ro, I forgive you because you're not really an expert in M00bs, but Iavas is hardly an objective critic of PJ's LotR. ;)

He has an uncanny ability to justify virtually anything in those movies. :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
satch
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 10:47 pm

Aye it's true. Although he refuses to believe that there's a distinct... correlation (right word? I'm kinda drugged up lol - brain is fuzz hehe) between PJs and Bakshi's versions.

Bakshi r0X0rz my s0X0rz!!1

"Oats For World Peace!"

Pics from Madagascar: One, Two, Three..., Four!

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 12 Dec , 2004 11:07 pm

Hey, I know Iavas and his glasses, however I liked his ideas, so I quoted them. Humphh!!!

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Dec , 2004 3:36 pm
A maiden young and sad

SPOILER THAT CAUSED HAPPY ROHIR DANCE

OM freakin G. I didn't think the charge of the Rohirrim could get any cooler. It was about 2am when we watched it (we were just going for extended/new scenes) and there was major "oh hell yeah!!!!" screaming going on when those horns sounded just after WiKi did his little thang.

Eomer screaming when he finds Eowyn = chills. But I was really tired when that happened, so it also doubled as something really really funny.

V. disappointed with Faramir and Eowyn scene. I demand an extended edition of the extended edition. I did appreciate the whole athelas scene with Eomer looking on all nervous and scared and shtuff.

I'm running on 2.5 hours of sleep. Work with me here peoples.

The whole Boromir's ghost thing was... silly?

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 14 Dec , 2004 4:21 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
And then that lovely shot of her hugging Elrond in the trailer.
Don't the big stars have tinted windows on their trailers? Sounds like an offset paparazzi shot.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Dec , 2004 9:39 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

We still don't don't have our DVD.

:rage: Stupid Postal 'service' :rage:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Dec , 2004 10:19 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

You better sue them... and amazon po'ed

That is total crap!!!!
On the upside - perhaps that means you come over for dinner :halo:

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 16 Dec , 2004 11:15 am

Lady Ro, PJ said in the commentary that they shot that Boromir scene back at the beginning just before Sean Bean was about to leave for home and never come back, and they didn't even have a clue what the Faramir/Denethor scene was going to look like. :Q

In fact that's what he says about half of the movie. "Oh yeah, this scene we shot in 2000...we didn't know what we were gonna do with it but we shot it...and look, it came in handy three years later, whehey". "Oh and in that scene we didn't really know what it was but we shot it". "That? John Noble was about to leave but we got him to do one more shot just in case." "We shot the first and second half of that one two years apart." "Who directed that bit? It wasn't me...I can't remember who it was"

:Q :Q :Q :Q

Let's just be glad this film exists okay. :Q

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 32 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: