board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Farscape (now with syndication info!!)

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 59 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Wilma
Post subject: Farscape (now with syndication info!!)
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 10:51 pm
Takoyaki is love

I just thought I should start a Farscape thread. :P

I think everyone knows how much I love it. :) :love:

In the UK it airs on BBC3, and is coming to syndiaction in North America this fall, through Fox and UPN.

We can discuss the show and if anyone feels like it we could talk Farscape merchandise which I am just starting to get into.

I will now start this thread off with Farscape season 1 voice over:

My name is John Crichton
An astronaut
A radiation wave hit and I got shot through a wormhole
Now I'm lost in some distant part of the Universe, on a ship
A living ship, full of strange alien life forms
Help me
Listen please
Is there anybody out there who can here me?
I'm being hunted by an insane military commander
Doing everything I can
I'm just looking for a way home

You can even download the opening credits here, so take a peek!!

Also, some introductory vids for those who want to try out Scape!!!

First try Avenue Potters site and scroll down to this [ img ] picture and right click to save. Uses season 3 music.

Then there is this vid by Lithium Doll called The Eyes of Truth.

Enjoy!!!

EDIT: Syndication information
Here are some links listing Farscape in syndication.

Canada
From Farscape Canada
http://www.savefarscapecanada.com/what.shtml

USA
From the frell me dead board.
http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/sho ... ation+list

If you have any information that is not listed there. Please please please say something. These groups want to make the list as complete as possible.

Last edited by Wilma on Sun 02 Oct , 2005 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 10:53 pm
of Vinyamar

Hey Wilma, any word on when the Starburst edition of the DVDs will be released in Season Box Sets?

Alatar

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 11:05 pm
Takoyaki is love

I am thinking it should be soon but I have not checked. I am horrible at keeping up with merchandise of any sort. I just found out the Peacekeeper Aeryn action figure came quite a while ago. I will go ask those in the know. :)

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 11:08 pm
of Vinyamar

Incidentally Wilma, your sig pic took me a second to figure out. First I thought it was from the new Doctor Who titles, then I thought it was from HitchHikers Guide (Crichtons Shuttle reminded me of the Whale).

Obviously I soon clicked!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 11:29 pm
Takoyaki is love

That was when Farscape 1 first gets sucked down a wormwhole in the Premiere episode. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 26 Jun , 2005 11:34 pm
of Vinyamar

Ah, you've ruined the surprise for everyone now. There's no point in watching the series ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ninanina
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 05 Jul , 2005 9:48 pm

Wormholes, why does it always have to be wormholes??

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Jul , 2005 2:25 pm
Takoyaki is love

:damnfunny I am sure there is some line I am missing but yeah, it always comes down to that dosen't it. Especiallly with Scorpy (and Harvey).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
fisssh
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Jul , 2005 3:57 pm
White Sox sw00ner

I had never had a chance to see this, but when I heard Ben Browder was joining the Stargate cast I checked out the DVDs from the library. I've seen the whole series now plus the mini and I thought it was great.

It is kind of funny that BB is going from one show about wormholes to another. What's up with that? :D

We only wish! To catch a fish! So juicy sweeet!

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Jul , 2005 4:36 pm
Takoyaki is love

Well it seemed they wanted him. Thank You for mentioning that Stargate brought you to Farscape. That is what us scapers have been hoping. :)

Also, having the DVD's at the libraries was another evil plan of us scapers in the US and Canada. Unfortunately the brits are having some trouble.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
fisssh
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Jul , 2005 6:49 pm
White Sox sw00ner

Quote:
Thank You for mentioning that Stargate brought you to Farscape. That is what us scapers have been hoping.
And vice versa! Share the love, I say.

My library had seasons 1 & 2 and I made them buy 3 & 4. (I work there so I have influence!) They seem to go out often.

I liked the blue lady (drawing a blank on her name!) a lot. I'm sorry she had to leave due to makeup problems. I wasn't very keen on Jool or the other redhead they added.

We only wish! To catch a fish! So juicy sweeet!

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Jul , 2005 10:23 am
Takoyaki is love

the blue lady is Zhaan and actually I am one of the few people, where Jool is my favourite character. When I first got here I actually had a Jool avatar.

You work at a library!!! Sweet!!! Scapers have organized library projects in Canada and the US. The Brits are trying but it seems their libraries don't want a free DVD unless it is Hamlet or something. :( Maybe we should ask Brits to request Farscape at their libraries.

EDIT: yeah the actress Virginia Hey, couldn't continue because her skin was absorbing the makeup and harming her kidneys. :( Actually when the problem started she wanted to continue the role, but it just got worse.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Jul , 2005 8:55 pm

SPOILER

That's why they killed off Zhaan???? I hated it when they did that.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Jul , 2005 9:29 pm
Living in hope

It seemed really odd to me that they couldn't reformulate the make-up somehow so it wouldn't have that effect. I mean, if it was dangerous for her, presumably it's less than ideal for everyone else as well. I wondered at the time if something else was also going on—but of course you'd know if there had been anything like that, Wilma.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2005 12:25 pm
Takoyaki is love

I know a lot of people who had been to the conventions. That was the reason. Her doctor said she was nuts to continue with the role, but she did for quite a while. Also, she felt she was losing herself having to constantly shave her head. She didn't recognize who she saw in the mirror.

But she really loved the role and

SPOILER

Hoping for a more recurring guest role. Notice at the end of season 4 Stark hears her voice? Obviously they were going to do a story on that but then they got cancelled. She was willing to tolerate the makeup for short periods of time, which is why she could a couple of cameos. Notice that some of the makeup in PKW looked a bit different? They had this specialized makeup called hot flesh, which is what helped some of the skin tones look more realistic in the series. For the mini, they couldn't get it ready in time so they had to use conventional makeup methods. The actress who played Noranti had an allergic reaction to the conventional methods and they used a stand in for the latter part of her role (it's really noticable).

I thought everyone knew about the makeup being the reason Ms.Hey left the show. It is common knowledge on several Farscape boards I am on. I know people were very very pissed off when she got killed off, since when it aired in the States no one knew about the makeup issue. (I was spoiled for that by my sis).

I know of people who stopped watching Farscape after Ms.Hey left. :( If they could have kept her they would have.

END SPOILER

The day in day out expposure is what was harming her. Also, I have learned that reformulating can have different effects. Also, dependant of the kind of makeup used, they would need something that would stay on for several hours.I have discoverd options can be very limited when it comes to theatrical makeup. I have known costumers who have used large amounts of makeup and they have felt ill after being in it for several hours. A friend of mine is a very ardent fan of Zhaan and Virginia Hey she has spent quite a bit if time with Ms. Hey and her friends at conventions. That is what did poor Ms.Hey in.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2005 1:54 pm

I never make any effort to find out behind the scenes info. It kinda spoils the show for me, because I can't get it out of my head when re-watching it. All the mental clutter interferes with my appreciation of the story. It drives my husband nuts when he wants to watch documentaries or something, cause I always leave the room.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2005 3:55 pm
Takoyaki is love

Sorry if that was TMI. ;)

I also, recently found out that the BBC cult site will be taken down. If anyone knows a scaper willing to take it over please let the BBC know. It has quite a bit of useful information.

Linky: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Jul , 2005 1:53 pm

It wasn't too much info, just explaining why I didn't hadn't heard it, despite being an admirer of the show since it first came out. :)

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 03 Aug , 2005 8:39 pm
of Vinyamar

Wilma. I just found the clip "Silence" on my hard drive. It ripped me up all over again.

Stunning.

I just wanted to thank you again for pointing it out to me.

Alatar

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Klonkku
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 04 Aug , 2005 4:21 pm
Blade Runner

I absolutely love and adore Farscape. It is among the best television-series I have bumped into - and believe me when I say that I have bumped into a lot of television-shows. It just has that magical, perfect blend of interesting characters ( Ka D'Argo, John Crichton... ), great story-lines and humour.

I am currently watching episode 7 of Season 2 - Home on the Remains. Good stuff!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 59 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: