board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

What are you listening to right now?

Post Reply   Page 69 of 73  [ 1443 posts ]
Jump to page « 167 68 69 70 7173 »
Alatar
Post subject: Re: What are you listening to right now?
Posted: Mon 06 Jun , 2011 9:58 am
of Vinyamar

Yeah, Brian has had a lot to say about how under all the make up and image, she's the real deal. A genuine rock star. He says the same about Kate Perry actually.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Mon 06 Jun , 2011 10:22 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Oh, suckville. :(

Then again, I hate Elton John but really appreciate his GaGa fandom at least.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 06 Jun , 2011 5:22 pm
pixel-pusher

I like KT perry sometimes. Other times I find her kinda obnoxious.

The Lady though. :cool: Can do no wrong. And that's not just because I'm a homo. Though we seem to love her.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Mon 06 Jun , 2011 8:24 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

MTE, Jonny. She could be a total riot irl, but as a public figure it doesn't come across well. If it's supposed to be sarcasm, she ends up sounding hypocritical and butthurt. Her stupid first single just left a bad taste in my mouth, but the way she whines about others really grates on me.

lmao well she does treat them with respect imo. When GaGa "exploits" the community, as some have accused, it translates into major campaigning against prop 8 and don't ask don't tell, contributions to LGBT charities, ending deals with anti-gay corporations, and writing celebratory songs about them. Katy Perry couldn't make it as a Christian artist, so she re-branded herself as a kitschy sexpot who flirted with girls for attention like any 14 to 25-year-old does these days. Yeah, I know who my hero is. :roll:

My dad is pretty cranky about music that isn't his favorites from the 70's, and I don't even know what to say about his comments on gay culture, but he was all :sunny: watching the Lady GaGa concert on HBO with me. Some tv interviews since then, too! I think her personality is big enough that she isn't overwhelmed by crazy fanbases, so the non-fans don't have to be turned off (like with, say, religion or anime, where it can distract from the real quality). :P She kind of has something for everyone to enjoy if they give pop a chance.

I just want to thank you again for letting me talk about her, cuz I don't really have people to do that with, and the discussions at ONTD are a zoo. Much appreciated. :)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 06 Jun , 2011 9:37 pm
pixel-pusher

I am here to serve :D

I agree about KP. Her music video to ET with Kanye was deeeefinitely inspired by Lady Gaga. If maybe a bit more thoughtful. (Lady Gaga's Born this Way video, not my fave). Speaking of Born this Way and LGBT stuff, I think she's definitely making smart career choices by being so adamantly pro-gay; she knows her audience. But I'm totally cool with that. She's doing a lot of good! I first heard Just Dance on the dancefloor of a gay club.

I have a friend who is obsessed with Britney Spears. In her slump period he made the comment, "I would pay money to have Britney Spears tie me to a chair, call me a bitch and spit in my face." His possible S&M fantasies aside, I feel vaguely like that about Lady Gaga. :D She's my girl. Go Gaga!

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Wed 08 Jun , 2011 1:48 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:whistle: (Not safe for work or for the kiddos)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Wed 08 Jun , 2011 10:17 pm
pixel-pusher

:LMAO:

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 20 Jun , 2011 7:56 pm
pixel-pusher

I have to say I really love Katy Perry's new song T.G.I.F. and video which I've been listening to today. And some of the reason that I love it so much is that she incorporates Rebecca Black into her video... who I am a big fan of. :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :blackeye: And not ashamed. ha But Katy Perry is taking herself far less than seriously in that video and that's kinda refreshing and it's a catchy tune.

But what I am listening to RIGHT now is Find Someone by David Carn. It is absolutely an adorable love song and it fills you with so many little warm fuzzies that you'll want to take pepto-bismal. :P

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Fri 01 Jul , 2011 6:40 am
Wembley bound

Listening to various songs by Evander Banhart. Brilliant musician.

Yova, I know you're lurkin here somewhere. Have you heard the Sufjan Steens album "Avanlanche"? It's extras and remixes of the Illinoise album. I picked it up the other day at a used record store I frequent and am really enjoying it.

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Fri 23 Sep , 2011 4:28 pm
Wembley bound

Yesterday was one of those days that'll be in my history books. I called a friend at midnight Wednesday to inform him he wasn't working the next day cause he had to drive with me to Montreal to go see arcade fire. We left in the morning and got a spot on the hill for Arcade Fire's free show they were putting on outdoors in downtown Montreal.

Show was incredible. We were in the middle of 101,000 people that came out just to see Arcade Fire. Beautiful performance. Amazing! Then we left after the show and drove just over 5 hrs back to Toronto as my friend and I had to work today. I'm exhausted and my body is screwed up but I saw Arcade Fire under the stars. I'm the happiest ever!!! :)

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Fri 23 Sep , 2011 7:56 pm

:cheers: That does sound like a once-in-a-lifetime memory.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Mon 30 Apr , 2012 2:09 pm

This was the theme song in the Color Run video I posted. It's insanely catchy. :D Join me in my current ear worm.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2012 9:58 pm

TWT wrote:
Listening to various songs by Evander Banhart.
Devandra, you mean? I always say his last name as"Barnhart" but I know the first name is Devandra. :-P

I might actually be able to post in this thread again - itunes plays better on the new computer, plus I was trying to get back in the habit anyway. My nano`s all loaded and I got long bus rides to play it on. Stoked!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Wed 02 May , 2012 12:55 am
Let the dice fly.

*E* - zomg you got a new computer?? That's totally awesome. :D Hooray for music and a (hopefully) decent processor speed!

I'm currently listening to Frightened Rabbit's Not Miserable, a song that pretty much suits me completely.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Wed 02 May , 2012 2:49 am

Not by choice - the computer died a week after Jesse did. Rough month. :P Dell said I needed the windows disc, which, who knows man, so I asked dad to look for it and woke up to the new computer. :shrug: Probably just as well, since the replacement OS was basically gonna crash it with no guarantee of saved files, so I`ve been adding what DID survive to the new HP, and hope some local techies can retrieve my bookmarks and playlists. :neutral: Guess we`ll see.

Fuck I hate learning new computer things, though. The keyboard is the worst - you gotta hit shift on the key next to "M" for apostrophes. :suspicious: Yeah, cuz I really need more immediate access to é and « symbols instead. :roll: I hope people don`t mind this backwards apostrophe, cuz that`s what I`m using from now on lol.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Thu 03 May , 2012 2:05 am
Let the dice fly.

Oh, I know the feeling - my dear laptop decided to die right after I moved across the country. So now I have a new one! Luckily I also have an awesome roommate who helped me save all my files - good luck with yours.

That keyboard sounds...really weird. You can probably get a normal one for really cheap, on the bright side! For that matter, you should still be able to use the keyboard from your old computer, actually - the old one wasn't a laptop, right?

Topic? Oh yes, this thread does have a topic, doesn't it...

Stars - Winter Bones

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Thu 03 May , 2012 8:28 am
of Vinyamar

Hey Elian and E* :welcome Long time no see!

E*, if you want you can just plug in the Keyboard from your old computer? You may need to change the keymapping. See in the bottom right corner on the taskbar, there's a 2 letter code. Mine says EN, for standard English keyboard. Yours may say US? Anyway, just switch to whatever one makes the right keys come up!

On topic: I'm listening to a mix of new and old stuff. Some Rory Gallagher and Stevie Ray Vaughan, and a local artist I like a lot called Siomha Brock. Her stuff is sort of Jazz/pop I suppose.

http://www.siomhabrock.com/music/

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
thewhitetree
Posted: Wed 20 Jun , 2012 2:36 pm

I'm listening to M83 and Of Monsters and Men

Profile Quote
Deumeawyn
Posted: Thu 18 Oct , 2012 11:52 am

Listening to Stonefield on youtube.

Maiden the Shade

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 20 Oct , 2012 1:45 am

I've never heard of them, but they have a cool, retro, trippy sound!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 69 of 73  [ 1443 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 167 68 69 70 7173 »
Jump to: