board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Latest comedies

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
TWT
Post subject: Latest comedies
Posted: Sun 12 Apr , 2009 11:09 pm
Wembley bound

Figured it would be dumb to start a thread for every comedy that come out, so lets talk about the latest comedies, or old favorites that you've seen.

I went to see I love you Man a couple weeks ago. While the laughs got less as the movie wound down I still really liked it. Paul Rudd is always funny in my opinion and Jason Segal was his charismatic self. I think the movie was pretty funny and wasn't all about sex and wasn't totally crude (like some other films with that group of actors).

On my comedy rater (cause I can't really compare a comedy to other films, not usually anyway) I give it a 7/10

Goin to see Observe and Report next week, and still have to see Monsters vs. Aliens as well.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject: Re: Latest comedies
Posted: Wed 22 Apr , 2009 2:39 pm
Wembley bound

Saw Observe and Report.

It was terribly crude, but brilliantly funny as well. Very dark comedy. And of course there was the contraversial "rape scene". Personally I didn't find it all that offensive. It doesn't imply he ever forced her nor does it ever show if she said no or even implied it. Funny alltogether.

Saw Adventureland as well. That wasn't really a comedy... They lied. It was ok though.

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Mon 17 Jul , 2017 5:42 pm

I'm curious - has anyone here seen the romantic comedy The Big Sick? I'm debating about trying to catch it somewhere.
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... rs/531210/

The review makes it sound interesting and the reviews on IMDB are also good. But plots involving illness are rarely on my must-see list.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Mon 17 Jul , 2017 7:35 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Yeah, I can't decide on this. Since it's a real story, I'm pretty sure I know how it ends. So I'd be inclined to see it. It does look funny, and I've heard good things.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: