board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

New Age

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Iavas_Saar
Post subject: New Age
Posted: Tue 25 Oct , 2005 4:35 pm
His Rosyness

I've recently been expanding my music collection as I've been having the urge to try some new stuff. One thing I wanted to get was some traditional drumming, and settled on a Japanese taiko-drumming group. It sounds really impressive on my sound system.

Another CD I tried was a new age CD called "Mystic Chords and Sacred Spaces":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

The spotlight review:
Quote:
Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces is truly among the creme de la creme of Steve's work. It is an astonishing series of recordings. At times I found myself facing the darkest of the dark in the collective unconscious. Just as I thought I had reached the edge of where I could go in my voyaging, a tonal shift would occur and carry me into a delicious and heart-achingly beautiful space of unparalleled hope and faith. These recordings are both initiatory, and a veritable soul-retrieval in this time of widespread soul loss. In essence, this is healing sound.

Arranged as a collection of four discs: "Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces", "Labyrinth", "Recent Future", and "Piece of Infinity", each disc is a stand-alone musicscape experience. Yet, as a full collection Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces is nothing short of initiation, each disc building upon the energy of the previous one, opening out into vast domains and vistas, carrying us deep into subterranean realms of luminosity.

As a listener you will be guided through a potent inward journey of four soundworlds, each of which is rich, powerful, and distinct, yet woven together Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces becomes a profound sonic voyage of purification, gestation, birth, and culmination. On such a voyage we encounter the archetypal themes of death and rebirth, creation and transformation, the moist domains of inner earth, and the spinning fractal cathedrals of the celestial worlds beyond. There is an expression that says "the soul is a feathered thing." Imbued with ancient memory, while simultaneously blazing new trails into the uncharted hinterlands of mind and space, Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces is where the feathered-soul finds her wind.

If this is your first exposure to the genius of soundcurrent maestro Steve Roach, prepare yourself for a stirring ride - a series of memorable visits to parallel worlds; a multi-textured mosaic of images, sensations, and quickening feelings. These recordings are not mere "tunes" or "songs." Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces is a vibrant topography, a map leading us to the dwelling places of sentient and divine energy.
I would agree with a lot of this. It's easy to become absorbed into it and drift off through a haunting netherworld of deep space. A very otherworldly experience.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: