The Last Homely Site on the Web

Spider-Man 3

Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 86 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 2:17 pm
Wembley bound

I didn't find #1 bad, I just think 2 was much better. I really enjoyed #1 but it was the wrong villain to start the franchise with.

I hope they don't stop at number #3 though. Spiderman has been Marvel's best selling comic hero in history, there are many plotlines they have available and endless victims to work with to create more films after.

What villains would you like to see in upcoming Spiderman movies?

I'd like to see:

Elektro
Scorpion
The Lizard
Carnage (though his story was tied to Venom's)
Kraven the Hunter
Morbius
Chameleon
Hydroman (with the whole Mary Jane storyline)

Other villains that I liked but are probably not movie material:

Tombstone
Smythe (and his Spider Slayers)
The Red Skull

I know that the Kingpin was Daredevil's main enemy but he was in almost every single Spiderman cartoon. They should introduce him at some point...

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 2:26 pm

Looking through that list...Spiderman has some lameass villians.

Maybe he should borrow some of Batman's...

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 2:34 pm
Wembley bound

Which villains would you consider lame Yov? I'm nit disagreeing, just curious.

Perhaps this link will help.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 2:40 pm

Except for Carnage/Venom, I thought pretty much all of Spidey's villians were lame. Mobius is at least kinda cool looking though I remember vaguely thinking his character was pretty dumb.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 3:03 pm
Wembley bound

Well what I like about the Spidy vilains is that they're more 'comic-like' in the sense that they are extra-human whereas the Batman vilains are more realistic with no real superhuman quality (at least most of them: two-face, joker, riddler etc).

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 3:49 pm
Insolent Pup

Well, Batman doesn't have super powers, so it would make sense that his villians would be lacking in them as well.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 4:12 pm
Wembley bound

My thoughts exactly. I love batman, don't get me wrong, I just usually enjoy the more 'fantasy' side of superheros. My favorites have always been Spiderman and Superman. One Marvel and one DC. :D

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 6:25 pm
Wembley bound

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12601

Topher Grace in a "mysterious role"? If IMDB has him as Venom it must be confirmed, I don't know what this article is playing at...

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 8:34 pm
pixel-pusher

Most likely it's just the article trying to spice itself up.

But thanks for posting it - interesting to hear about the principal photography starting up.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jan , 2006 3:20 pm

Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Spider-Man 3

Gwen? Here? Now? :neutral:
Quote:
Columbia is keeping a tight lid on the third movie's story line, though it is known that Gwen is the third part of a love triangle that includes Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.
:neutral:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 22 Jan , 2006 1:54 am
Wembley bound

Quote:
Columbia is keeping a tight lid on the third movie's story line, though it is known that Gwen is the third part of a love triangle that includes Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.
Menage a trois?

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 24 Jan , 2006 12:14 am
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Screw Gwen ( no, not literally.... well... not just literally). We want to see Blackcat damnit!!

And Yov: I found Carnage a bit silly. I agree that most are lame, Vulture and Elektro by far the worst. But Kraven and the Lizard had nice background story, and I think for a future movie, those two would be awesome. Good villainy triangle...:)

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 24 Jan , 2006 4:51 am
pixel-pusher

Gwen? :Q That would seriously surprise me. So much of the first two films are founded essentially on Peter and MJ's relationship. Howard isn't listed on IMDB - I'd be willing to bet it's not going to happen and is just a fanboy's dream.

But it would prove an interesting dynamic-change. Scientist Goes Berserk and Captures MJ has worked succesfully twice. I wonder if it would work a third time without an additional "twist" in the form of Gwen or some other major non-villain character being introduced.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 24 Jan , 2006 6:58 am

Well, they can't throw her off the bridge to get rid of her... Been there, done that. :roll:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 24 Jan , 2006 1:46 pm
pixel-pusher

I once read somewhere that MJ was going to suffer Gwen's fate in the third movie, with some changes in situation. I haven't decided what I think about that yet, but I do think it's very unlikely. But they certainly have been building up to something very dramatic with Franco's character.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 25 Jan , 2006 6:06 pm
Wembley bound

Aglanor wrote:
Screw Gwen ( no, not literally.... well... not just literally). We want to see Blackcat damnit!!
Agreed. I would like to see the Felicia Hardy story more than Gwen (especially since they made MJ's story more like Gwen's in the past movies)...

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 27 Jan , 2006 3:23 am
pixel-pusher

The spider-man talk inspired me to listen to Spider-man 2's commentary, interestingly enough they mentioned that in early in the script, Black Cat played a large role in the film.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 04 Mar , 2006 4:33 pm
Wembley bound

Well here's the new photo. :cool:

CLICK

It says that although you might think the photo is just black and white it isn't, spider-man's suit is actually black... I'm thrilled, it looks like we're going to see the black spider. :D

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Jun , 2006 7:17 am
pixel-pusher

Well, nothing to bump up an old thread like

a trailer!

Hurray for youtube. It does have some uses, apparently. Could have fooled me!

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Jun , 2006 8:16 am

*Heart attack*

Ooo.

Me likes. Me likes very much.

:Wooper:

Did I just see a wedding ring..?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 86 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: