Post Reply   Page 5 of 12  [ 230 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 712 »
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 30 Apr , 2007 1:30 pm

Wilma wrote:
Oh that is a lovely video Yov :love:
So glad you watched and liiked it. :love:
I probably watched it half a dozen times this weekend, which I never do. I find it soooo poignant. The two moments that really get me are the brief-but-gorgeous choreographed dance by the small troope of men and also I LOVE the image of him playing his trumpet to the crashing waves. Something deliriously free about those moments. :love:

Quote:
I finally saw the ladyflash video. It seemed a bit retro. I guess that was the point. *shrugs*
Err, yeah, sorry about that. It's a lame video. I just like the song and wanted to post it somewhere...shoulda done it elsewhere, prob. :)

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 May , 2007 2:41 am

Fun videos of late! Here's a silly vid featuring the band dancing around in odd, funny costumes. :)

Architecture in Helsinki: "Heart It Races"
(It's a file - kinda big - so download it first.)

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 May , 2007 2:30 pm

Hee hee...this adorable animated video stars battling rock vikings. Way cute, way funny!

Jason Forrest: War Photographer

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 May , 2007 8:53 pm

I saw this video a while ago and it immediately became an all-time favorite:

Smog - Rock Bottom Riser

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: Re: Music videos and movies
Posted: Sun 20 May , 2007 9:41 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

So, I'm attempting to go through this thread post by post, video by video. Sorry for not really being here all along. :neutral: I got the updates, just kept chickening out at the last minute and promising to watch things later.
Wilma wrote:
Does anyone think they influence movie making? Even making movies better?
Might not be quite what you're looking for, but I always loved the video for "Mouth" by Bush. Not only was the track actually from a recently-released Bush remix album, it was used in the film AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS, so it was going double-duty in the advertising. Doesn't evoke the feel of the film at all, but still looks great. Desert sunsets and carnivals inhabited by sideshow freaks, w00t w00t! They also got the girl from the movie to appear, which was a nice bit of continuity. And I liked all the movie scenes they worked in. Just a creepy, sexy piece of work. :)
Wilma wrote:
The White Stripes –Fell In love with a girl. A music video made with Legos. I have only seen this video a couple of times and I always thought why the heck would anyone use lego for a music video? Where does that outside of the box idea come from? (Not to mention I felt sorry for the lego person who had to build all those pieces).
That video was keraaazy. Not as detailed as I was imagining but still fun to look at. Seemed pixelated as opposed to... built... at times, though.
Quote:
The third video is with the White stripes again with the song, The hardest button to button
I feel sorry for whoever had to carry all of that stuff. But it's really cool!!
I don't get it. It's just Jack White screaming at a concert. :scared: What am I missing?
Quote:
To finish off this post, one of my favourite videos. :love: Scroll down a bit and click on 'Rabbit in Your Headlights'.
Oh man. The end of that tunnel couldn't come soon enough. :P Painful to watch. If I heard broken bones, I'd have gotten sick. As such, that was a bad-ass ending, man. I suspect the reason I don't look for symbolism in things is that it seems to demean it? I dunno. What does that video represent, that we can run over furry creatures without a second thought and that's why what is happening to the guy is so shocking? The parka = baggage and soon as he dropped that, he was invincible? See? I can't do it. :P

Was that Thom Yorke singing? I always thought UNKLE was a rap group for some reason. :shrug: Oy.
Wilma wrote:
I had noticed that the last shot for 'Rabbit in your headlights' was imitated in the movie Constantine.
Which part in CONSTANTINE? I definitely first thought of FANTASTIC FOUR when the Thing stops that huge truck on the Brooklyn Bridge. That shot made me want to see the movie haha.
S_O wrote:
The director who did the White Stripes' video also did an amazing video for Daft Punk's "Around the World."

Another amazing video director is Spike Jonze who did the Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" with Christopher Walken. :love:
Oooo, I love "Around the World." :D "Da Funk" is better (the look on his face when he misses the bus always killed me) but both songs rock my world. Spike Jonze's "Weapon of Choice" is an utter joy. I think it came out juuust as Walken became like a cult figure, so it wasn't as seeped in irony as it may be now. I dunno. After seeing him parody himself in CLICK, I can't really look at Walken in the same way.
Wilma wrote:
Although it is better then having a video so long and boring that one does not remember the song(Green Day, I'm looking at you, I want those 9 minutes of my life back!)
:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: Oh, man. I might've liked that song if my horrible brother didn't sing it all the time with his crappy band. :bawl: As such, it's ruined for me. The schmaltzy video doesn't help. Knowing where the actress, Evan Rachel Wood, ended up (the Marilyn Manson video) helps even less. :sick:
Wilma wrote:
Although this video has nothing to do with moviees I just like it.
It's for the group Sigur Ros. I think it fits perfectly with the song.

Enjoy!!

Don't want to spoil so I will discuss in other posts. :)
I'm sorta speechless, to be honest. I could explain how it felt to watch that, but I'll refrain. It was wonderful. :) Fucking gorgeous. Where my kleenex at?

That was only the first page of this thread and my supper's ready, so I'll come back another time.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Sun 20 May , 2007 9:59 pm

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Quote:
The third video is with the White stripes again with the song, The hardest button to button
I feel sorry for whoever had to carry all of that stuff. But it's really cool!!
I don't get it. It's just Jack White screaming at a concert. :scared: What am I missing?
The link must've changed. Try this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gWe-7Cm1GHg
Worth checking out.
Quote:
Was that Thom Yorke singing? I always thought UNKLE was a rap group for some reason. :shrug: Oy.
UNKLE is a instrumental hip-hop DJ who also goes by DJ Shadow. UNKLE will often bring in guest vocalists to work with him. I believe Bjork did something with him too.

Quote:
Wilma wrote:
Although this video has nothing to do with moviees I just like it.
It's for the group Sigur Ros. I think it fits perfectly with the song.

Enjoy!!

Don't want to spoil so I will discuss in other posts. :)
I'm sorta speechless, to be honest. I could explain how it felt to watch that, but I'll refrain. It was wonderful. :) Fucking gorgeous. Where my kleenex at?
[/quote][/quote]

:) That video really is amazing. One of the best out there, imo. :)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 12:33 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

yovargas wrote:
The link must've changed. Try this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gWe-7Cm1GHg
Worth checking out.
Ahhhhh. Okay then. Yes, fun stuff.

Did you see The Simpsons spoof? :D:D http://youtube.com/watch?v=UV77t-fUxgk This was when I realized I didn't know jack shit about modern music and hated missing out on the reference. :( I... will not be getting into the White Stripes anytime soon though heh.
Wilma wrote:
One of them being a keleidoscopic screen as used in Coldplay's "Speed of sound", and Yellowcard's "Lights and sounds". You can also see which band can afford the more expensive screen.
Nice catch, Wilma. That Coldplay video was phenomenal. So much shiny. :love: Honestly, though, I loved the silhouettes against those brilliant colors. I was transfixed the entire time. Suddenly the song sounds better. :)
yovargas wrote:
Hurray! I just got a new album from a wonderful band called The Go! Team. In honor of that, here's an awful video for one of their fun, dancy, delightful songs:

The Go! Team - Ladyflash
I really like my small selection of Go Team songs, and look forward to trying out the following albums I've downloaded recently: Are You Ready For More, Get It Together, and Thunder Lightning Strike. I get them mixed up with OK Go, in name only, because I'm a tool. :P But I do love them.
Wilma wrote:
I found a vid for the Yeah yeah yeah's
Gold Lion

I think it's cool how they play with fire in thiat vid.
Neat. :) I'm not a fan (they sound like Tegan and Sara) but you could tell the band was really into the video. It came together well.
yovargas wrote:
I was listening to this song - "US" by Regina Spektor - yesterday and I remembered how much I loved the video. Cute and playful in a way that matches the song really well. I know there are several fans around here so for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKujuTgtL0
Squeeeee!!! Isn't she the most adorable thing ever? Omg, I love her to pieces. And the outfit... :drool: Here is the video for "Fidelity" that Elian told me about: link.
yovargas wrote:
Just saw this video. Strange, as usual, but kinda of pretty and intriguing:

Okkervil River - River
Pfft. The girl's size changes while she's going through buddy's digestive system. So unrealistic. [ img ]

;)

Good song. I'll definitely have to look up more by those guys.
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Felt this video was really wonderful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7rgni2nvuE Invincible by Muse.

In parts looks like paper cutouts, cheap 2D animation, and fully-rendered 3D. It's lovely. Don't care as much for the song, but I do love the band.
Wow, that holds up to repeat views. The design is just mind-boggling. So much going on. I suspect that it's hard to have a problem with any video featuring animation. It's just such a different approach and allows you a zillion ways to play with it. Or maybe it is a medium I understand little about and so feel the need to give props to obvious talents because I can't actually discuss it. :)
yovargas wrote:
I demand that you watch this hilariously ridiculous video.....mothafucka!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnP9CjDxRDM
And now I shall make a crap icon of that with "mothafucka!!" written across. :P

Good example of how videos can be enjoyable even when you don't like the song. Not that it's terrible, but the charm is lost without the guy's expressions. :damnfunny: You can watch it on mute and still love it.
yovargas wrote:
Don't like the song but the vid features bunny sex. Who can resist that?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gkpj ... a-get-down
Dead link! Can you find it again?
yovargas wrote:
I.
Agree.
Entirely.
[ img ]
yovargas wrote:
Sorry to double post but this vid was really fun too. The song is predictably (if you know who the band is which you probably don't :P) weird and not particularly pleasant but the vid is adorably creepy.

Deerhoof: "Kidz Are So Small" (unofficial video)
Always a fun time with doctor demento, there.
Wilma wrote:
I currently do no have the time to check out the latest vids although I did catch one posted by *E* about vampire bats? (wtf?)
What? :scared: I don't remember posting that haha.
Wilma wrote:
Here is a double video for Moneen and Alexisonfire.
Ack! I want to see that cuz I remember you telling me about it on the phone, but I heard two words of that screamy shit and had to turn it off. Sorry. I will try again another time. I just can NOT believe it's the same singer as here. Like whoa, Dallas. I always figured the screamers were ones who didn't have good voices to start with. Otherwise, why would they ruin it by yelling all the time. ;)
yovargas wrote:
Holy crap this is funny!!

Alanis Morissette does the greatest cover of all time

You don't want no drama.

:damnfunny: :damnfunny: :damnfunny:

(In case you're fortunate enough to not know, she's awesomely parodying the Worst Song Ever. SERIOUSLY!!!)
I thought the parody was frightening until I saw the original. You don't know fear until you've watched that dreck. :uhoh:
Wolfgangbos wrote:
This may not be the best place for this, but here's a recent discovery of mine that appears to be an oldie but a goodie.

Not safe for work.

DR TRAN!!!!!!!!
What in the name of cunt flaps was that?????? :Q:scared: Oh my gawd, most brilliant thing ever. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
this video made me go "awww!" and the song is nice enough.

"First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes
If those aren't real couples, I don't EVER want to know. No freaking way.
yovargas wrote:
Wow. This is my favorite video in ages. It makes me wanna make love to someone...even moreso than usual.

Beirut: "Elephant Gun"
That song rips me to shreds and I don't know why. He just has such a beautiful voice, and its low enough for me to hit most of the notes. I like songs that I can hum made-up words to when I blank on the lyrics. The heavy use of horns, ukeleles, trombones, and other instruments I'm not used to, well, I guess it is endearing in the sense that it works for him but I'm not about to run out and get other albums that feature similar orchestration. But of my collection, it stands out as quite unique. I fucking love Beirut. :bawl: And what a cutie.

Okay, I'm gonna take my crying ass elsewhere for the night and finish up the last couple of videos another day. Will then include my own favorite vids for the inevitable laughter they will receive.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 12:43 am

Awwwwww......:hug:s for sweet*E* :hug: :hug: :hug:

:)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 12:56 am

That's what I get for making a playlist of songs I always cry at. All flippin' commotional tonight. :P

:hug:

Your neighborhood freakshow,
*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 10:41 pm
Takoyaki is love

For Alexisonfire I think Dallas does the singing and another guy does the screaming. If you listen to the whole song you can clearly hear his voice. (I am also very impressed with the waltzing too. You'd never think of that as a song to waltz to.)

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 11:19 pm
Takoyaki is love

OK I watched the Death Cab for Cutie vid again and this time I almost cried for some reason. In a good way I think .

The pyramid song by Radiohead I didn't get the video exactly. Is it some poor guy trying stay where some horrible disaster happened?

Regina Spektor US. Very creative video!!! I like all the different forms of paper work and animation.

I don't get the Okkervil vid :scratch: well I sort of do but not really.

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 11:48 pm
Takoyaki is love

I don't get the Greedy Fly video. I just don't. :nono: :uhoh: :roll:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 11:51 pm

Wilma wrote:
I don't get the Greedy Fly video. I just don't. :nono: :uhoh: :roll:
You ain't alone. :blackeye:
Beautifully shot, though, whatever it is.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 24 May , 2007 5:08 pm

This is unique, though I'm not sure I enjoy it:
Blonde Redhead - Top Ranking

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Jun , 2007 3:33 pm

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Jun , 2007 1:51 pm

Wow, if it doesn't make you dizzy, this is pretty awesome:

Digitalism - Pogo

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Jun , 2007 3:57 pm

Do you like cute puppets and bad haircuts? Than you'll love this video!

Lightspeed Champion: "Galaxy of the Lost"

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 15 Jun , 2007 8:20 pm

Yay! One of my fav songs of the year gets a pretty fun video:

Menomena “Rotten hell”

(is anybody still listening?)

Last edited by yovargas on Sat 16 Jun , 2007 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 15 Jun , 2007 10:47 pm

Link leads to the video for rotten hell? But you can get to Wet & Rusting from there.

Awesome videos, both of them. :D

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jun , 2007 7:25 am

Oops! You're right. Typed the wrong thing...edit coming up...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 12  [ 230 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 712 »
Jump to: