board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Quest for Fire /Pans LAbyrinthe

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
eborr
Post subject: Quest for Fire /Pans LAbyrinthe
Posted: Tue 21 Nov , 2006 9:51 pm

These films having nothing in common except that I am too lazy to start two threads:

I first saw Quest for Fire many years ago, in fact it was one of the fist films I saw on video, for those who are not in the know it concerns our distant ancestors some 80 thousand years ago who have discovered fire, and how to keep it but not how to make it, there is a script, but the language is pretty unintelligible, if fact it was invented by Anthony Burgess (writer of clockwork organge)specifically for the film - and in a similar vein Desmond Morris was hired to create the proto-human gestures.

It features 4 distinct early homo sapien tribes, although the existence of a tribe with pottery and spear-throwers is approximate 70 000 years premature. An interesting film, it's just become available on DVD and I commend it to you - not leadt for Rae Dawn Chong - doing a mystique long before mystique.

Pans Labyrinthe (sp) seems to me to the most existing fantasy film out this year, the title describes the premise, a young girl in Spain during the 1940's is taken by her mother to live with a fascist step - father, and if memory servers is drawm to a wood where she comes across a fantastical maze - where she is given a sequence of quests to perform - interacting with a range of deranged fairy tale monsters out of Del Terro perverse imagination. The twist is that none of the monsters is as cruel or as evil as the step father

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: