board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Bleach Talk (MEMORIES OF NOBODY IS SUBBED!)

Post Reply   Page 1 of 54  [ 1074 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 554 »
Pippin4242
Post subject: Bleach Talk (MEMORIES OF NOBODY IS SUBBED!)
Posted: Fri 08 Dec , 2006 8:37 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

So. Anybody (and I'm looking at you here Onizuka) watch episode 106? I guess that settles it- fillers should end after the 16th of December if they're using the TV series to promote the film like that. Surely either the 13th or 20th would be a good guess? I'd say before the film comes out, but the title for ep. 108/20th December (Doukoku no Bountou! Saigo no Gekitotsu/The Wailing Bount! The Last Clash) seems more likely.

I fully expect this thread to be buried, I just couldn't watch that spazzy op and ed without saying something.
Check out Sode no Shirayuki. Ahem. :D

*~Pips~*

Last edited by Pippin4242 on Wed 12 Sep , 2007 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Dec , 2006 8:08 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

The J-Rock kids in my class said the Bleach movie was violent. I think that comment qualifies me as officially dim about Bleach.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Dec , 2006 8:08 pm

You and your Bleach.

:D

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Dec , 2006 8:52 pm

Oh good, somebody posted the op and ed on youtube. And there was me thinking I was going to have to find out how to do it. :D

Super=spazzy op... i.e. instead of the credits, we got a trailer for the film!
And the same goes for the ending credits (don't think much of this song though).

Sode no Shirayuki is the sword belonging to Rukia, the black-haired girl shown using her weapon near the end of the op. It's never been shown before in the anime- it's pretty heavy that they're showing it here, because that could screw up the TV storyline completely, if they're trying for any kind of continuity. But YAY, Ukitake, Shunsui, Kira and Urahara are going to be in this! (Ukitake: White-haired man in white coat, Shunsui: Brown pronytail, pink flowery coat, Kira: Blonde emo, Urahara: Blonde wearing a green and white stripey hat). Minor officers FTW.

Senna (the dark-haired girl with orange eyes) looks okay, for a film-only character. Her body language puts me in mind of a confident Misuzu (the lead girl from Air).

Don't know wether to look forward to the film or not- I hated the second OVA, which also wasn't based on the manga (but ShunxUki FTW!) but this looks as if a bit of time and thought might have been put into it. Plus, it heralds the end of the BLOODFUCKING fillers. That's the cool bit about it.

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 5:36 am
Everything Is Numb

Um...from reading your post, this thread seems to be about a movie or something instead of the series, but I'll post here anyways. ;) I was browsing through the channels tonight and I saw that Bleach was on Adult Swim, so I decided to watch it (I've never watched Adult Swim before.). I like know exactly nothing about the show and it was episode 24 or something, but I did enjoy it. I should totally try to watch it from the beginning though so I have more of an idea what it is about. Don't get me wrong my brain works well enough that I got a lot of it just from watching that one episode, but I know I am missing tons more. I think I already know which two characters I would have crushes on, but I'm going to watch more before I give the final verdict on that! LOL! Oh and I thought that the opening rocked! :D

~Sid

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 3:27 pm

What was the OP? Ep 24 would put it at *~Asterisk~ by Orange Range, which was played with a very pop art feel for the credits. I love that one. It's probably my third favourite. Um, of five. There's only one OP I don't like. And the ED would have been Thankyou!! by... er, can't remember who now. Homemade Kazoku? I like both of those songs. Episode 24 is like the Rukongai arc into the Soul Society arc, isn't it? Somewhere around the point where Kuukaku decides to shoot everybody into Seretei with a big cannon? And you wonder why she's only got one arm...

There's a long way to go before my favourite episode is dubbed though. Episode 49, "Rukia's Nightmare". I'm so excited that someone else on b77 might be picking up Bleach! Onizuka was a big fan, but I haven't seen him around in ages.

Since I started this thread, the obnoxious filler has finally ended. The current stuff is so fantastic I could actually pee with joy. I'm getting really worried that dear, sweet Ukitake-taichou might be a good candidate for canon fodder though. Watch out for his implied pederastic crush on Hitsugaya-taichou!

The series is one that needs to be watched from the beginning. There's a lot of very interesting character development. It's not your standard shounen fighting fare at all. Youtube has the lot. If you can find the early episodes subbed by Lunar_Anime, that's the best version out there as far as I'm concerned. They only did up to episode 63 IIRC. After that point (the day it got licensed) it's dattebayo or nothing.

One more thing... the manga fully pwns the anime. It's even more awesome. But I'm waiting on the official translations. One bad thing about the official ones is that they removed the title from each book! I loved the titles! They were so bizzare and wonderful, and all written in English. "Strawberry and the Soul Reapers," "The Death Trilogy Overture," "Be My Family Or Not," "Mala Surete!," "Rosa Rubicundor Lilio Candidior." Watch out for a HELL of a lot of musical references. My theory is that Bleach is named after the Nirvana album. There are definite Nirvana references in Bleach, but they're probably obscured in translation.

Oh, and last but not least (I could rave about Bleach all afternoon) which characters did you pick up on for crushes? If episode 24 is when I think it is, my gut instinct is... Ishida and Ichigo? Kekeke. I started off liking Chad, then Ishida, then Urahara. Now I like Shunsui and Ukitake, and Kira when he's clearly pining for Gin. Manga!Matsumoto is pretty hot too. Anime!Matsumoto is totally overrated but her character is still awesome.

:D

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 3:44 pm
Everything Is Numb

Ok Pips!! Slow down!! :D Yes it is the episode where someone (I only have like two of the names straight so far!) wants to use like a spiritual energy cannon to blow someplace, somewhere! LOL! Yes Ichigo is WAY hot! :D You know me well, Pips. Oh and I didn't know that they had a different opening for each show! That's awesome!

So am I right that Ichigo and company are Soul Reapers, but Ichigo shouldn't be...or was made one under unusual circumstances? The Soul Society...are they the ones towards the end that were in black and white? What do they do? I thought Renji was hot too, but I didn't get what he was or who the people he was with were in just that one episode.

~Sid

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 6:55 pm
Everything Is Numb

Oh and Pips, you'll be happy to know that when I found out that Ichigo means Strawberry in Japanese, I named my new PlantSim that! LOL! Very fitting in opinion! :D

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject: Re: Bleach: Memories of Nobody
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 9:12 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Pippin4242 wrote:
So. Anybody (and I'm looking at you here Onizuka) watch episode 106? I guess that settles it- fillers should end after the 16th of December if they're using the TV series to promote the film like that. Surely either the 13th or 20th would be a good guess? I'd say before the film comes out, but the title for ep. 108/20th December (Doukoku no Bountou! Saigo no Gekitotsu/The Wailing Bount! The Last Clash) seems more likely.

I fully expect this thread to be buried, I just couldn't watch that spazzy op and ed without saying something.

*~Pips~*
Don't.

Post.

Drunk.

Even CG makes more sense than that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 9:28 pm

"It's not a cute name! The Ichi is one, and go stands for protector! It's not a cute name!" :D It also sounds like 1-5, which is his age and the sign on his bedroom door. His sisters, Karin and Yuzu, are homonyms for Quince and Yuzu- Japanese equivalent of lemon and lime. They're twins. Crazy language, crazy author. :shrug:

To answer your questions, Ichigo begins the anime as an ordinary student with the ability to see and speak to ghosts. His sisters can see them too, though not as well, and his father, Isshin, is continually on his back about it, claiming he feels left out.
Soul Reapers (Shinigami; death gods) are souls themselves, and cannot be seen by any human unless that human has spiritual energy (reiatsu). Ichigo's psychic abilities are a natural consequence of reiatsu- it's a very unusual attribute for a human. When Rukia is assigned a three-month shift protecting Ichigo's hometown (Karakura-cho, Tokyo), she is distracted by his ability to see her whilst she is fighting a hollow. Hollows are lost souls who have become beings of pure malevolence; they like to eat human or Shinigami souls, finding those with reiatsu particularly tasty.
Badly injured, she suggests a desperate measure to Ichigo; she attempts to transfer some of her reiatsu to him. He sucks it all up like a sponge and is able to manifest a completely badass zanpakutou (the swords used by shinigami, which are suggested to be like a mirror and extension of the soul). Her abilities don't come back after the battle, so Ichigo gets guilted into doing her job. When the three months are long past, Soul Society send two hunters out to arrest her- Byakuya and Renji, respectively her adoptive brother and childhood best friend. This is where Ichigo's powers get a little blurry. Ichigo attempts to stop the arrest, but Byakuya attacks him with the intention of destroying the physical seats of his power. Byakuya is not the sort of person who makes mistakes, yet after the battle the shady shopkeeper Urahara is able to train Ichigo to use his abilities again. Ichigo, who can be pretty dense sometimes, fails to question this. There is an explanation, but that'd be spoilers. It's a pretty freakin' surprising explanation too.

The job description of a shinigami is still something that's being implied. Seretei, the Court of Pure Souls, has a strict and old-fashioned heirachy. There's a royal family, with whom no canon character has ever come into contact. Beneath are... (this is still off the top of my head here) the Royal Guard, some other group that we also haven't seen yet, and the Gotei Thirteen (Thirteen Court Guardian Squads). There's thirteen divisions (fairly obviously) and each has a Taichou (captain) and a Fukutaichou (lieutenant/vice-captain). There are eighteen seats for officers below that rank in each division; lower ranked seats have multiple officers. The Taichou of the first division is also the Soutaichou
- the commander-general. Each division seems to have some sort of overriding characteristic- the twelfth division are deeply inquisitive, the eleventh division are excessively violent, thirteenth division are honourable to the point of fault. This could be because Taichou pick their recruits, but I think it's unusual for that to happen. When Ichimaru-taichou (silver hair, never opens his eyes) first graduated I believe he was hand-picked to enter the fifth division by Aizen-taichou (brown hair, emo glasses). Rukia is an unseated member of the thirteenth division. There are seperate jobs that seem to be associated with some divisions- the twelfth division is also the research and development institution, and the second division are the ninjas (I'm sure they have a better name than that). The Secret Special Covert Operation Corps I believe. Anyhoo, basic duties in the human world are in guarding humans from attack by hollows, and cleansing the spirits of the hollows themselves. They also help souls that never passed over to Soul Society to find peace.

Er yeah. It got sort of long-winded, but I was being very careful to be unspoilery past episode 24, unlike Wikipedia.

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject: Re: Bleach: Memories of Nobody
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 9:29 pm

Lidless wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

*~Pips~*
Don't.

Post.

Drunk.

Even CG makes more sense than that.
It still makes perfect sense to me. :shrug:

:P

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 9:49 pm
Everything Is Numb

LOL, Pips! I think I understood most of that!
Quote:
When Ichimaru-taichou (silver hair, never opens his eyes) first graduated I believe he was hand-picked to enter the fifth division by Aizen-taichou (brown hair, emo glasses).
I remember seeing those two in the episode I saw. If the next episode is on tonight I am going to watch it.

Ok, so what division is Ichigo and his friends in? And are the shinigami good, bad or neutral? Are there bad factions in it, maybe?

Oh and I never said that Ichigo was a cute name...I said it was a fitting name for a PlantSim. :P The play on words you told me about is cool though! :D

~Sid

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 10:16 pm

Ichigo et al are filthy ryoka invaders! They're not meant to be there SO HARD. Urahara the shady shopkeeper who wants to help Ichigo save Rukia from execution (cosplayed as him last Halloween) is a friend of Yoruichi, the cat. Yoruichi is pretty much in charge, as the only one who seems to have been to Soul Society before.
Ichigo... leaks reiatsu. It's been affecting the people around him. Chad, the big Mexican guy, has been friends with him since middle school. Orihime, the red-haired girl, is falling in love with him. They were the first two to be affected, and seem to have developed some sort of inherent power after being exposed to him for so long. Ishida actually hates Shinigami. He's the last of his race, the Quincy, who were wiped out by Shinigami some years ago. He doesn't hate them for that- he thinks they were probably in the right. But they failed to come to the aid of his grandfather (who raised him) when he was attacked by hollows. They did turn up eventually- two hours late- to collect his corpse. It's a fairly sound reason for hating Shinigami, especially as Ishida looked about seven at the time and was hiding behind a tree.
So yeah, they're not assigned to a division. They're assigned to class 3-B at Karakura High. :P
The Shinigami have been presented up to this point as somewhat neutral. They did commit genocide against the Quincy at some point in the past, but they had sound reasons for that. Rukia's the secondary main character, and she's a proper Shinigami. Renji is initially portrayed as a bit of a bastard (tried to kill Ichigo) but he's sympathetic to Rukia (loves her actually) so he's a good guy. The Shinigami are basically the good guys, cosmologically speaking, but really they're a collection of individuals with good and bad aspects (except Mayuri, he's all bad in my opinion, and beats his daughter). Anyway, they're opposing Ichigo's lot in trying to enforce Rukia's execution sentence, so in terms of narrative they're the bad guys.

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 10:40 pm
Everything Is Numb

OK! :D Thanks! I wonder if I can buy the DVDs at Best Buy? I'll watch them on YouTube as a last resort, but I'd much rather watch them on DVD. And I actually understand what you are saying, for the most part. But then it probably comes from years of watching and reading...if not anime, at least really weird fantasy stuff with really weird premises. I'm pretty sure I'm going to like and probably love Bleach. I just need to see it properly.

~Sid

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 10:48 pm

I can't wait. :D I'm making you a little something to encourage you right at this moment. In fact, I've been working on it for fifty-nine minutes so far.
Offline, I've got my two best friends to watch it, a guy I was best friends with when I was tiny, a friend at school and her brother. And they're just the ones who've watched more than ninety episodes so far. :P The funny thing about the brother and sister is it turns out their older brother back in America is a huge fan, and they hadn't come across it before I pushed my fansub VCDs on them (this was back in the day, mind). I don't know if you could get them at Best Buy. There've only been two so far, which means they're up to about episode eight. If you watched those on DVD, I guess you could catch up with the ones you missed on youtube, then follow on AS. Just a thought.

..And yes, Renji is extremely sexy. He's the one I was saying should be paired with Axel. :P

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 10:53 pm
Everything Is Numb

Quote:
I don't know if you could get them at Best Buy. There've only been two so far, which means they're up to about episode eight. If you watched those on DVD, I guess you could catch up with the ones you missed on youtube, then follow on AS. Just a thought.
That sounds like a plan! :D

So you are making me some encouragement... Oooooo! Is it some hot guy avi or sig?? *bounces up and down excitedly* Yes, Renji is smokin' hot, but then I always knew I had great taste in imaginary men. ;) LOL!

~Sid

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 10:55 pm

Sidonzo wrote:
Quote:
I don't know if you could get them at Best Buy. There've only been two so far, which means they're up to about episode eight. If you watched those on DVD, I guess you could catch up with the ones you missed on youtube, then follow on AS. Just a thought.
That sounds like a plan! :D

So you are making me some encouragement... Oooooo! Is it some hot guy avi or sig?? *bounces up and down excitedly* Yes, Renji is smokin' hot, but then I always knew I had great taste in imaginary men. ;) LOL!

~Sid
:whistle:

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 11:05 pm
Everything Is Numb

Yay! :D

Oh and when I do start watching it and if I love it, I really hope you will be here to talk to me about it obsessively. In case you haven't noticed I really like to talk obsessively about my favorite things. ;)

~Sid

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 11:11 pm

You'd better bloody love it. It's killing me inside that there's otaku talk on this board and I'm too ill-informed to join in. :P

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 11:22 pm
Everything Is Numb

LOL! What the hell is otaku talk and am I involved in it? :D

Don't worry Pips. I'll love it and talk about it so much I'll make you sick! :P I'll start talking tonight if I get to see another episode...I'll post everything I thought about it. ;)

~Sid

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 54  [ 1074 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 554 »
Jump to: