Heck Ya..

17% [ 1 ]
Frakin' no way....

0% [ 0 ]
I'll take Starbuck on anytime...

33% [ 2 ]
Where the hell is Daggit

17% [ 1 ]
No I'm a girl so I'll take Apollo...or Starbuck ;)

0% [ 0 ]
I'll take the evil bastard Baltar

33% [ 2 ]
Total votes: 6
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Apr , 2008 4:57 am
Sorcery in Action

OMG :D
Its sooooooooo nice to get another BSG fix after SOOOOOOOO long!

********** HERE BE TOTAL season 4 Ep 1 SPOILERS****************

Oh goodness :P I can't help giggling about sex cult guru Baltar... lol... how perfect is that.... "Do you feel God's presence?"... "You know what, I think I do..." HAHAHAHAAHAHAAA... oh boy :damnfunny: :damnfunny: :damnfunny:

Poor guy almost died in the process of shaving but finally we have the presentable Baltar of days long gone back :) "I cut myself shaving". Heeh.
The storyline with him is getting slightyl ridiculous, and I really hope they have something good to make sense of all the Baltar mystery in the end... while slightly redonkulous, the sex cult guru thing and James' Callis' facial expressions were priceless lol... And HeadSix! is "alive" and well and making appearances. My favourite visible psychosis :D

Not sure I'm buying the whole "sudden holiness" deal suggested in Baltar's prayer and then being such a sacrificial sheep during the assasination attempt.... half of me still thinks Baltar was speaking just loud enough to make sure the dozing lady-fans were hearing his "altruistic, heart-of-gold spiel SAVE TEH BOY"... Im going to need more to start believing a genuine change in Baltar... not really sure if that is ever possible :P I think he is incorrigible in some ways.

Love Lee asking "is she still staying in your quarters...?" Hah! Adama/Roslin... :D :devil:

Roslin's becoming kinda annoying with being all gung ho about "KARA=CYLON", but I suppose they have to play off the woman in Adama's life against his daughter figure a bit :P

I liked Roslin meeting with the captive Six... even if Six's "I can feel them..." was slightly reminiscent of "I SEE DEAD PEOPLE" :P

I was totally thinking AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WTF WTF when Tigh *shot* Adama... but I watched the specials before the episode, and remembered the writer saying something about Roslin's cancer affecting her relationship with Adama... so I thought... hey... he cant get a bullet in the head before we see that ;)... Im a sucker for the "thought play-out" sequences... hearkening back to the days of the silly dancing baby pioneered in Ally McBeal. This is a much more gripping version of visible thoughts. I have a rich inner life and have vivid daydreams too (not of killing anyone, relax :P)

SO EXCITED! YAY! BSG IS BACK.

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Apr , 2008 3:49 pm
Same as it ever was

I agree. Like any series, it has had its ups and downs, but they do seem to be working towards resolving all of this into a pretty decent tale.

One of my favorite parts was when Anders was freaking out about the Raider's eye scanning him and then retreating, while Tigh states Anders just frakked up like any "nugget." Anders and Tyrol are two of my favorites, so I will be keen to see where those characters end up.

The only thing I found odd was how Athena could not sense anything even when she was right up in front of Tyrol and Anders, while Caprica Six could sense them although she did not know who they were.

Kara's story IS intriguing, with her "showroom floor" viper and six hour chronomiter, and everything else wiped clean on her nav computer. While I think it is way too obvious and thus not likely that she is the "twelfth," it will be interesting to see where they do go with her story. I wonder if there is something to do with cloning there? Or, alternatively, she actually passed through some sort of wormhole or vortex and really was only gone six hours her time but two months in Galactica time, but that certainly does not explain the mysteries of her ship.

Baltar and his cult was funny, but I see it getting tired very fast if they are not careful, he is indeed a hard character to figure out, sometimes I wonder if he really is nothing more than a neurotic genius with twangs of conscience.

I'm glad the show is back!! :)

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject: Re: Number Six....BSG Discussion Thread
Posted: Fri 07 Nov , 2008 10:41 pm
Milk and kisses

I'm not reading the last couple of posts... I've just finished watching Season 3. Wow. :D

My theory as to why Roslin shares the visions of the opera house with Six and Athena... is that she is the fifth cylon. She almost fainted at the same time that the other 4 received the signal, but for some reason she hasn't been "activated" yet. Or she has, but refused to heed the call and go to the "meeting point".

*strokes chin*

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
enchantress
Posted: Mon 24 Nov , 2008 8:46 pm
Sorcery in Action

Weeeeee ! :) Welcome Ber, nice to see yet another BSG fantatic :D
I've just re-watched almost the entire series (DVDs)... I'm drawing out season 3 as much as I can but I'm no good at it :P
Season 4.5 starts here January 16th, and I had this nice and neat plan to finish season 3 at the beginning of January (Season 4.0 comes out on dvd on Jan 6...), but alas, I'll be done wayyyyy before that.
Our SPACE Chanel is replaying season 4.0 now, and I can watch the eps online as well but I want the dvd preciousssssssss...
I'm getting very excited for the new year and the final half-season. It's going to be super sad when the whole thing ends though. Sniff Sniff...

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Tue 06 Jan , 2009 3:45 pm
Daydream Believer

:whistle:

Jan 16, we are back!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Sat 10 Jan , 2009 5:46 am
bioalchemist

S and I got almost the entire series as well as Razor and the opening miniseries bootlegged from a friend. We bought the last episode of season four. BSG got me through the horror of writing a dissertation. I'm digging the Greek mythology references.

I don't think Roslin's the fifth cylon. Deanna said four of the Final Five were in the fleet and we know who they are already. My first guess is the fifth is on Earth. My second guess is the fifth was accidentally killed.

There's little webisodes on the SciFi Channel's BSG page. You'll learn interesting things about Gaeta.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
enchantress
Posted: Sun 11 Jan , 2009 3:18 am
Sorcery in Action

Yep Yep, webisodes and "You will know the truth" clues... and promos for 4.5 popping up all over the web.... soooooo excited.... just bought my 4.0 box and am going to re-watch those now before the 16th.... :D

My drug of choice is returning, yay!!!! :P

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 5:10 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Ugh, I wish I knew of some place else online that had the webisodes uploaded. I'm using HotSpotShield so SciFi.com doesn't realise I'm not in the US, but the videos are loading incredibly slowly. I can't even just pause it and leave it for a few minutes to load up...Even waiting 10 minutes only 1 minute of video loaded and when I hit play for 30 seconds the image was frozen whilst I got all the dialogue.

And when the frak is the UK premiere?? :rage: :rage: :rage: Otherwise I'll have to hope someone gets a link up on SurftheChannel and that I don't have any problems loading the video.

I hate having to wait for a show I could easily see back in America! :rage: These fraking country restrictions can kiss my butt! :bang:

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 6:22 pm
of Vinyamar

Eru, bittorrent is your friend. Check out Vuze.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 6:46 pm

I've never successfully figured out how to work torrents.

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Mon 12 Jan , 2009 7:08 pm
Daydream Believer

I enjoyed the webisodes....I still think this show is one of the best written shows on TV. I hate to see it go. I am going to be getting all of the seasons hopefully in a set soon. I picked up the old series with a cylon mask thing for a friend years ago. I hope they do the same thing with this series, minus the cylon mask. The two series are so very different.

My thought on the last cylon is they are going to realize that everyone on earth was half human half cylon, and the last cylon could have been on earth. Either that or it will be someone totally unexpected.

Wait, edit, I hope they find a few humans on earth....or hybrids left. :whistle:

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 12:21 am

Strange, Vuze works just fine...but I see it used to be Azureus which definitely did NOT work for me...well, it worked but according to the download speeds I was getting it would have taken a week to download one TV episode.

Only problem now is my computer doesn't have enough memory to run Vuze and Firefox at the same time. I need a new PC so fraking bad. [ img ]

Anyhoo, interesting webisodes. Not the turn I was expecting and who knew Gaeta was bi? :P

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 7:07 am
bioalchemist

I saw a blooper reel on YouTube where Gaeta hit on a marine all dressed up in his helmet and armor and everything. It was hilarious.

"You have very pretty eyes."

"Why thank you..." :damnfunny: :damnfunny:

ETA: he also had a bit of a crush on Gaius Baltar before New Caprica, didn't he?

Speaking of Gaius, I watched part of James Callis's Q&A. I find it amusing that Callis is basically Baltar's complete opposite. And when one of the posters of the BSG forum asked how he felt about being a sex symbol his response was, "I'm a sex symbol??" :LMAO:

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Tue 13 Jan , 2009 9:24 pm
Daydream Believer

Callis/Gaius :drool: :drool:

He's definately a sex symbol to me... :heya:

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Wed 14 Jan , 2009 4:08 pm
Daydream Believer

Spoilers for those who don't know.

Ten Things You Need to Know about BSG
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/i ... als&clip=7" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

1. The Fate of the human race is in jeopardy. Cylons destroyed their home.
2. Admiral Adama leads the colonists in a search for earth (this is the last thing the old show and new show basically have in common, IMHO).
3. The Galactica crew is family. Either by blood or by trail….or maybe by wiring. ;)
4. Cylons look like us, well at least 12 models do. And they can apparently mate with us, which gives a whole new meaning to blow up doll.
5. The President is dying.
6. There are Cylons within the Galactica crew. 4 out of the 5 ‘lost’ cylons are on board in crew, there is one yet to be revealed.
7. Starbuck has a destiny. And if anyone can figure this out please let us know.
8. A civil war has split the Cylons, Deanna is unboxed and takes control of the rebels.
9. Enemies have become Allies. Deanna and her rebel Cylons join the Humans in the search for Earth.
10. They find Earth. And New York don’t look so good.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Thu 15 Jan , 2009 5:10 pm

I read over on the LJ community Frakspoilers that the identity of the 5th cylon might have been leaked...as in someone has leaked it but it's not for sure they're correct. In any case, be careful out there if you don't want to be spoiled!

I got into BSG after the third season was released and got spoiled for the final four though an icon. My fault really as I shouldn't have been around *any* BSG sites no matter how careful I was being. I also got spoiled for whether Harry Potter lived or died. I really, really don't want to be spoiled for the 5th cylon! I want something to be a surprise!

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Fri 16 Jan , 2009 10:38 pm
Daydream Believer

Webisodes of Face of the Enemy, that might be needed before tonights show (not spoilers)

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFxU3ZtV-A" target="_blank

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdo32x1WMXI" target="_blank

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mhr-UiJrm8" target="_blank

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMY-160V2TY" target="_blank

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsYsPUcAxWA" target="_blank

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWYBCNVtow" target="_blank

7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V093kc7U98" target="_blank

8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlbcvhB2mis" target="_blank

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn2xaRqV7B8" target="_blank

10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkNAzJDYxF0" target="_blank

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Sun 18 Jan , 2009 4:11 pm
Daydream Believer

Well,.....

I'm Bender 5.121413409408327803940001

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Mon 19 Jan , 2009 5:28 pm
bioalchemist

:Q

-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Tue 27 Jan , 2009 10:24 pm

Hmmm...I'm not liking the turn the show is taking. I can't stand the Zarek character and to have us going back to all his revolution crap in the final episodes of the entire show is disappointing. I was much more interested in seeing Cylon and human struggle to coexist and find a place to settle. I'm not interested in human infighting.

Let's just shoot Gaeta and Zarek and tell Roslin to suck it up and be done with it. :roll:

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 10  [ 196 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 610 »
Jump to: