Heck Ya..

17% [ 1 ]
Frakin' no way....

0% [ 0 ]
I'll take Starbuck on anytime...

33% [ 2 ]
Where the hell is Daggit

17% [ 1 ]
No I'm a girl so I'll take Apollo...or Starbuck ;)

0% [ 0 ]
I'll take the evil bastard Baltar

33% [ 2 ]
Total votes: 6
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Mar , 2007 1:18 pm
Not so deep as a well

I finally saw part of an episode last night. Good writing, good acting, but they need to stop wiggling the damn camera around as if it's a cheesy reality show. :D

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 4:18 am
Same as it ever was

Wilma wrote:
Hey would anyone be willing to update me on some of the story. I have been viewing off and on.. and I just heard they killed off Starbuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the!! If anyone would be kind enough to explain, I would really appreciate it. Also we get to see who the new cylons are? Last I checked there were 5 I did not know about.
Wilma -

WIll you be viewin the epis? Cuz, if so, there is really WAY too much to fill you in on and it would be better for you to see them in their full length.

To answer your questions, Starbuck does not seem to be written out of the series, and several people might be cylons, but, as you could guess, everythin is done in such a way that there are no clearcut answers before they leave us all hanging for the hext nine months.....

I do think I have figured out the connection between Six, Roslin, and Athena, however...just not the Baltar part of it.

Hmmm, all I will add is that I am not completely sold on who the new cylons might be, I get the idea that they might be being toyed with for some yet unexplained purpose. Several other much more likely suspects come to mind.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 7:27 am
Tricksy Elf!

Ara-anna wrote:
Anyway I keep thinking that perhaps they all started out as refugees from earth, that we nuked ourselves off the planet and sent frozen embroyos to space with some sort of cyborg to care for them and that the road map is not set from one group leaving there and coming here, but us leaving here and going there. That way when they get to earth it won't be anything but old ruins. Cuase honestly, knowing us on this planet, we'd nuke the humans and befriend the cylons.
No, too much of a cliche for this show.

More interesting would be the kidnapped by aliens hypothosis. The orgional Galatica was mormons in space, the lost tribe. What if the lost tribe was real, it was taken by aliens (or whoever) and seeded on Kobol and they later fled to the thirteen colonies?

How interesting if the orgional aliens who kidnapped them were proto-cylons.

Possible. The cylons were created by man, we are told in eah episode, but what if the things they replaced were not?

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 2:56 pm
Daydream Believer

Din,

:scratch: Wasn't that what the first Stargate movie was about? I can't remember. Anyway it could just as easily be the Anasazi of the Americas, of which the majority just disappeared.

So they reach earth....who would they want to contact first?

Wilma,
Starbuck was dead, and might still be, she might be a figment of Lee's imagination, or she might be real. But yes they did get rid of her for a bit. I don't think she is dead, but then again she might be a cylon too.

And I agree with L'Osservatrice, I don't think the people that think they are cylons may not be cylons. I think there is more to this story than that.
Honestly my first thought was that the ones hearing the music were humans.

L'Osservatrice,
So what's your theory of the Six, Athena, and Roslin connection? Other than the transfusion for Roslins cancer? :scratch:

And did someone here suggest that maybe we here on earth are hybrids human/cylon mating?

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 3:42 pm
Same as it ever was

I believe that Hera's transfusion gave Roslin the same ability to "see" the spiritual that Six has always had, and that Athena and Hera obviously share it as well. Somehow I get the feeling that Hera is more important than (or at LEAST as important as) Kara (Starbuck.) Hera is using her powers to convince these three to become her protectors, although for what or from what I still do not know, but it seems to have to do with those five unknown cylons.

I am more convinced than ever after rewatching "Crossings Pt. 2" that Kara IS a cylon. Maybe a cylon/human hybrid (if so, who is her daddy - Tigh? :Q) That whole final bit seemed to be so surreal and dreamlike, and Kara herself seemed - too ethereal. And, the cylons have always been WAY too interested in Kara, what was Leoben trying to accomplish in the end?

My other picks for strange characters that we really need to find out more about are Lampkin (Baltar's advocate/attorney) and Gaita (sp?) - the once aide to Baltar now returned to his officer position on Galactica. What was up with those two?

All in all, the finale really rehooked me - several of this season's epis really seemed to be filler sometimes with little real plotline or character advancements.

Din and Ara -

I have read several theories out there speculating about the whole "cyclical" nature of the current BSG - and I do think that some of it may turn out to be valid. That whole Earth > Kobol > Colonies > Earth cycle.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 5:17 pm
Takoyaki is love

I will be watching the episodes if the Space channel reruns them. Is Hera the human/cylon baby?

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 5:24 pm
Same as it ever was

Wilma wrote:
I will be watching the episodes if the Space channel reruns them. Is Hera the human/cylon baby?
Yes, and Athena is her birthmother "Sharon", not the "Boomer Sharon." She was given the callsign Athena. Hera and Athena have been reunited aboard Galactica, which is how "Six" came to be captured - Athena died so she could be reborn aboard the cylon basehip to rescue Hera, and Six helped her escape back to the Galactica with Hera.

ETA (for Wilma)

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE KEPT SURPRISED
Quote:
In "Crossings", four characters all start hearing rather faint but recurring music that noone else hears, and that is really hard to make out melody wise - it sounds very Eastern, almost Indian. The four are Tigh, Tyrol, Anders (Starbuck's hubby/resistance fighter) and Tory (the now aide to President Roslin.) Near the end of Crossings Part 2, all four of them are compelled to meet in what looks like a vacant gym, and they deduce themselves that they have been triggered on because they are cylons. But, they all decide to return to their posts, since Galactica is under attack by the cylons, after making another jump closer to the target of Earth - they are now in some nebula. The song they have all been hearing turns about to be Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower." (Redone, nothing like the versions that you have heard.)

Meanwhile, Apollo has decided to return to his old fighter squadron as a pilot (he had resigned during Baltar's trial after a huge blowout with Adama in order to help defend Baltar and being disgusted with Adama for insisting on Baltar's guilt.) BTW, thanks to Apollo and Lampkin, Baltar is found not guilty. While out in the nebula, Apollo keeps seeing a bogey, and is frustrated because he cannot pin it down. All of a sudden, from behind his ship, another fighter pulls along side of him, and we see that the other pilot is Starbuck. She just smiles at him, and when he communicates with her over the radio, she says something to the effect of "Yes, it is me, I am real, do not worry, I have found Earth and I am here to show you the way." Then, there is a fade out of where they are into the entire galaxy, and then a zoom in to another part of the galaxy ending up with a pan of Earth.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 11:01 pm
Daydream Believer

And now we wait until 2008. :rage:

So cylons can have kids....hows that work. I am so confused about cylons. Its like wait they are hybrid cyborgs that can mate with humans, have human feelings ect...but they are not human because they can come back to life after they die and are part machine. So far I havent figure out what part of them is machine becuase a good lot of the time they seem more human than humans. I am definately opting for cylon in the next life time, no weight gain, no growing old if you don't want, no having strech marks after babies, no sagging boobs, and if you get any of that...well you just die and viola new perfect body waiting for you. Wait... :scratch: One wonders.... :scratch:

Profile Quote
Anoth616
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 28 Mar , 2007 11:56 pm
Low-level Kryptonite Gatherer

You know...its all getting a bit too deep from some of you...I'm still voting for the "Ship of Light" aliens from the first show. I don't like to think too deep on this stuff sometimes. If I know Ron Moores' style of writing(when he was a Star Trek writer, anyway)..even he only has a vague idea of how things will turn out....

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 29 Mar , 2007 11:34 am
Takoyaki is love

Thanks for the info L'Ovssatrice!!!!

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 31 Mar , 2007 7:40 pm
Sorcery in Action

I caught a bit of Bridget Jones - Edge of Reason on tv the other weekend (meh)... and remembered how James Callis is in those movies!!!!!!!
Seeing Bridget's neurotic Baltar friend was fun heeeh :P:D

First out of 39403943043 weekends with no BSG huh... sigh... :(

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Anoth616
Post subject: I finally made it back to the board
Posted: Thu 06 Sep , 2007 2:11 pm

Ok folks..anyone heard anything about the one shot movie in Nov.? I know its supposed to be about Adm. Cain and crew, but can't recall the name off the top of my head... :scratch:

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 06 Sep , 2007 11:33 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Last edited by Eruname on Sat 01 Dec , 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Anoth616
Post subject: Razor
Posted: Fri 07 Sep , 2007 5:45 am

Thats the one! Thanks! Was beginning to think I had lost my marbles for a moment...but found them in the jar under my bed! ;)

Profile Quote
oldtoby
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 25 Nov , 2007 4:31 am
Cuddly Studmuffin

I thought it was pretty good. Made some pretty strong hints at the end as to who the final Cylon model is. :)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 25 Nov , 2007 5:02 am

Last edited by Eruname on Sat 01 Dec , 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 25 Nov , 2007 3:28 pm
Daydream Believer

oldtoby wrote:
I thought it was pretty good. Made some pretty strong hints at the end as to who the final Cylon model is. :)
My thought exactly....I am wondering is the final cylon isn't the hybrid. ;)

then they kept showing the Matrix stuff, and I was thinking wait....if one had enough imagination one could tie The Matrix and BSG together. :D :damnfunny:

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 17 Mar , 2008 4:49 pm
Same as it ever was

BUMP!!

Season 4 starts April 4th here in the states...

:D

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 Apr , 2008 2:58 am

I just finished Season 3...did a marathon so I could watch season 4 when it comes out. I could have stretched it out until Thursday but wasn't able...it's the type of show where you need to keep watching and watching.

*spoilers obviously!**

I thought I had been spoiled for the Chief and Colonel Tigh being cylons from some icons I'd accidentally seen. I don't really see how Tigh being a cylon is going to work, but supposedly the main writer says it really does. I way way surprised by Anders being one.

I don't like the way they revealed these four. Once you see that they were all hearing the same music you were just waiting for the official confirmation. I would have liked it much better if it was a sudden realization like with most of the others. Also I wish they would have spaced these four out through the season. I knew all but the last Cylon had been revealed this season and kept wondering when one was going to be revealed.

All in all, I don't like this season as much as the others. There was more filler and the Kara/Lee stuff was absolutely infuriating a lot. I'd like them to be together but this constant on/off, drawing-it-out-stuff was getting old. I like Starbuck a lot but after this season my like of her has diminished.

There were some really good moments during S3. Tigh killing Ellen totally slayed me. Wow. And the Adama manouvre! Damn!11 And many more.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Apr , 2008 5:15 pm
Daydream Believer

Tonight's the beginning of the end. :D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 10  [ 196 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
Jump to: