board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Remixes

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Jonny
Post subject: Remixes
Posted: Fri 01 Jun , 2007 2:44 am
pixel-pusher

What's your view on them? Sacrilege? Or a way to experience a song in a new way that you might not have thought of before?

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Lily Rose
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 01 Jun , 2007 11:54 am
stranded in dreamland

As a general rule, I don't like them. It is not because I have anything against the idea of remixing a song, but it usually ends up sounding stupid.

I don't have faith in faith
I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless
I still cling to hope
And I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 01 Jun , 2007 12:05 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

The biggest downside is that you get five extra minutes of bassline, most of which happens at the beginning so that you wonder wtf is being remixed. :roll: I have a lot on me, sometimes just for the campiness, but sometimes they are more fun than the originals. Other times they make a nice companion piece. Or maybe I heard the remixes first and so am more fond of them heh. Goldfrapp's "Ride A White Horse", I had an 8-minute remix of and never even heard the original until months later, and I still can't remember how it goes compared to the remix.

Some songs more easily translate into a dance beat, so they're quite enjoyable. Other times, you really have to warm up to them, if you can at all. I tend to love dance music and cheesiness, so I guess there aren't many remixes that slip through that particular filter. :P I'll upload some tunes later for comparison/discussion. Bed time for now!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: