The Last Homely Site on the Web

Anime Primer

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
halplm
Post subject: Anime Primer
Posted: Sat 02 Jun , 2007 8:21 am
b77 whipping boy

Ok.

Clearly, there is a group of people on B77 that are enjoying some anime that has come out recently. This is great. It's a Genre that crosses most all interests... has many many awesome stories... and well... is just plain awesome...

I have found, however, with discussion among the people enjoying the current anime trends... a disturbing lack of understanding of how the genre has progressed through the years... how the series of the past have influenced the series of the present... how many awesome stories there are that aren't the "latest hot anime..."

This must be addressed. There are some films every fan of anime should see. There are some series that every fan should be familiar with, even if they are not said fan's favorites...

I must admit that I'm am not completely current on my anime knowledge. Most of my knowledge comes from the past, up through a few years ago. But there is plenty there that should be seen, and understood, and enjoyed... alongside modern and current productions.

I see kids fawning over Naruto every day in my store... who have no idea of Dragonball, Kenshin, or even Pokemon, that has led to what Naruto is today...

We must learn all there is to learn about anime that has led us to this point... and see the vast history of the genre that is both educational... and highly enjoyable...

So, this thread is meant to explore the past... leading into the future...

In order to recommend what I am already familiar with, I need to know what people are interested in. I am certain any interest that is presented... can be given a movie, series, or something, that coincides with that interest...

let me know what you want to see... and I'll find the anime that fits it. Interested in just anime in general, and we'll explore the essential anime to provide a relevant history to the genre...

I may not be an expert overall... but I have seen a lot... so use m knowledge to find more anime you'd be interested in... I'm happy to help.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: