The Last Homely Site on the Web

Zelda! And Wii talk in general

Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 79 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 30 Oct , 2007 3:29 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Ooh.. My first gameboy game was Links Awakening. It's good to start with a Zelda I think. makes you think around corners...

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Nov , 2007 4:36 am
Sharpe-sighted

Crucifer wrote:
Ooh.. My first gameboy game was Links Awakening.
mine, too :D

I'm hooked on Zelda ever since - and I play Link's Awakening almost every year when I'm on holiday. ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 14 Nov , 2007 4:39 am
Sharpe-sighted

update for Alatar:

my daughter likes it very much - she needs help with the tricky things and the bosses, but that's okay - she's only 6.

But she already told me that she wants to play Wind Waker on the Cube as soon as she's finished Phantom Hourglass. :D

She wasn't very fond of watching me play Twilight Princess, I guess that she didn't like the twilight colours. Definitly the comic-style of WW and PH is more to her liking - and the bright colours.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 14 Nov , 2007 11:21 am
of Vinyamar

Cool! I've ordered... :)

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 12 Dec , 2007 7:11 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Should I buy a Wii for my boys for christmas?

It's still quite expensive , a Playstation II is much cheaper, but they love Pokemon and Mario and for those you have to be on Nintendo.

Besides that, they do love their GameBoys (Advance SP) and Age of Empires on PC - but their PC does not havea graphic card and buying a new PC is even more expensive than a Wii or a Playstation.

But then again, I hesitate, for I don't like them to play too much on electronics. But I'd prefer a console to the GameBoys, I don't like to see them glued to their little screens withtout any interaction and on a Wii or Playstation, they could play togehter- I think it could be fun for two boys...

But I also know their father will give me hell for it, he does not even allow them to take the GameBoys to his house. (I don't like them to play too much, but I also think that in a world like ours you have to learn to handle virtuality)

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 12 Dec , 2007 9:44 pm
of Vinyamar

I think the Wii is great for younger kids Nin. The games are perfect for their age and the interactivity is much better. And you don't have to justify anything to that muppet, their Father.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 12 Dec , 2007 9:52 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Alatar, did I swOOOOOOOOOn for you recently.

I also hesitate on my own.... wihtout their father's influence - althought I think it is better to avoid even more conflict.

But then.... they also have fun with those games, like with going outside. it's not "all bad"...

(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 13 Dec , 2007 10:56 pm

Quote:
The games are perfect for their age
And, indeed, any age. Can't go wrong with a wii.

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 15 Dec , 2007 11:03 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Seeing that my time for buying christmas presents has drastically diminuished due to the circumstances - I got it.

Wit Wii sports and a second remote with Wii play and Pokemon Battle evolution. (They love Pokemon) I thought it was a tough enough christmas for the boys, so I wanted to spoil them, admitted.

(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 16 Dec , 2007 4:37 pm

What what!?!?

No Twilight Princess!?!?

Well, I certainly won't be visiting you over Christmas... ;)

Edit: This being the first thread I posted in today, I wasn't aware of "other" circumstances. Terribly sorry if I came across as insensitive in any way.

:hug: for Nin.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Jan , 2008 6:17 pm
Takoyaki is love

I got a nintendo ds lite for Christmas. Any games to recomend? Right now I have Nintendogs, but I plan to get Bleach Blade of fate and a mario game.

Keep in mind I have never ever had a video gaming system in my whole life. This is my very first one. I have absolutely no experience with video games so I will be going on B77ers recomendations.

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Jan , 2008 8:17 pm
Wembley bound

Brain Age. :D Its awesome. The first one as well as Brain Age 2 are both $20.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... atid=22014

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Jan , 2008 11:35 pm
Takoyaki is love

OK I have Brain age on the list. That is why I originally wanted the Nintendo DS. I just can't afford all these games at once. I think I will go with Blade of fate and Brain age first. I don't know exactly what's a good mario game. I want something with lots of colour and sparkles.

What is Zelda about?

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 03 Jan , 2008 3:03 am
Wembley bound

Zelda is an RPG, Role Playing Game. Its one of the original fantasy games, really I don't think there's been a more popular game of its kind, maybe Final Fantasy if any... It usually has puzzle solving and action. You increase your character's level throughout the game and become more powerful, which helps you because your enemies become more difficult. You overcome obsticals and bosses to complete a final goal. Rescueing(how do you spell that word?) someone etc.

Its classic and you can't go wrong.

Best Mario game for DS is the New Super Mario Bros. for DS. A lot of games now are in 3D and you can move in every direction, but for Mario you can't beat the good ol' moving sideways. Nintendo hadn't come out with one for quite a while, then they released one last year. Its really good.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Jan , 2008 12:07 am
Takoyaki is love

I bought the new super mario for DS!!!! Thanks TWT It's so cool. The last time I played a Mario game I was 12!!! The next time I go purchasing games (Which may be a month from now, I think I will try Zelda and get brain age 2. I have to buy Bleach blade of fate online. (boo hiss).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
GandalfStormcrow
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Jan , 2008 1:27 am

Wife and I got a Wii for each other for Christmas. It's awesome. Beat Super Mario Galaxy the other day, continuing to play for the other 61 stars available now. That game. Is. Unreal. Possibly the best game I've ever played.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Jan , 2008 12:22 pm
of Vinyamar

Kids are addicted to Super Mario Galaxy, but I haven't tried it yet. I just assumed it was more kiddie-centric. Worth a look so?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Jan , 2008 6:03 pm

Wilma, I got here too late... You should have bought Super Mario 64 ds. It's the one that they had on th N64, re made for ds. The best one by far, IMHO.

Let me know what you think of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass if you get it. It's on my list, after the actual console itself...

Profile Quote
GandalfStormcrow
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Jan , 2008 11:18 pm

Alatar wrote:
Kids are addicted to Super Mario Galaxy, but I haven't tried it yet. I just assumed it was more kiddie-centric. Worth a look so?
AMAZING GAME, Alatar. I beat it, but even beating it I've only gone through about half of what you can actually do on the game.

Probably one of the three best games I've ever played, in my life. It's a bit hard to get used to the control (when walking around small planets, primarily), but it is just unbelievable as a game. Would be my number one recommendation.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 1:42 pm
Takoyaki is love

Ok First I want to thank Eruname for her link to the game faqs site. It really helped me when I was horribly stuck in Zelda.

Crucifer I don't know how useful my opinion of the game would be as I have never played any other zelda game. I do think it's fun and it makes you think. I am very happy with my purchase.

Question for any one familiar with zelda, what do the wooden and gold poles that Link can stand on do? I am absolutely mystified. Usually if there is one, there is another across some water way or chasm.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 79 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: