board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Ninja Vs Pirates Game Company

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject: Ninja Vs Pirates Game Company
Posted: Tue 17 Jul , 2007 6:26 pm
Insolent Pup

So, my friend and I are, in the spirit and influence of Cheap Ass Games, going to try to start up an independent game company. We've been making board games and card games for the past couple of years, and think some of our ideas are pretty good. We've played one of the games with a bunch of other people too and even they think it's pretty good. At the moment everything is still in various stages of development. We're going to see how publishing these things will work financially. If anyone isn't familiar with Cheap Ass Games, look them up on google. Their philosophy is that you don't need to buy more dice, game money, or game pawns everytime a new game comes out because you probably have more than enough. They offer just the bare essentials (rules, cards and boards) and you provide the rest. My friend and I think its a great philosophy, and even have something to add: Simplicity. I don't care much for games with complicated rule structures or ways to play. We want our stuff to be as simple and straight-forward as possible. I'll post a link to our website as soon as it is ready to launch. If anyone would like to check it out, I implore you to, and you can leave all sorts of feedback for the site, the games, our own persons, whatever.

Anyway, later, b77

*This post was copied from page 196 of the Manwe Yak Yak thread*

I'll post updates here as they happen.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 17 Jul , 2007 6:29 pm
Not so deep as a well

I used to know one of the people who founded CAG, and I've always enjoyed the fruits of their Cheap Ass Business Model. :D Good luck and keep your costs down.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 17 Jul , 2007 10:38 pm
You are hearing me talk

I just attended a pirate-themed event, and someone said it would be hilarious to show up as a ninja. What is the inside joke I am missing?

And good luck! :D

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 18 Jul , 2007 10:16 pm
Insolent Pup

I'm not sure where the joke started, but I think it was made popular by that awful Real Ultimate Power ninja website. Terrible website, but they made some comments about ninjas beating pirates. The name for our venture comes from the first game my friend made which is a card game for 2 people.

The website launched! Check it out and let me know what you think.

Ninja vs Pirates

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jul , 2007 3:21 pm
Not so deep as a well

I like the website design. Proofread, though, at least in the non-bloggy bits. ;)

If you can figure out a way of making NVP multiplayer it will help engage more people. The chief market for Cheapass seems to be gamers who want something else to do when no one wants to do anything. :D That means larger groups.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 19 Jul , 2007 10:38 pm
Insolent Pup

We have a way of making NvP multi-player. It just hasn't been designed yet. We can make it up to 6 at once, though that may be confusing or tedious or fun, I don't know!

Proofreading is a must, I agree. My friend is the one who typed up everything for the site. I have not had the time this week to edit it, but that's one of my main goals for the site this week. My friend is dysgraphic. He knows words, but cannot remember spellings. He just spells the word the way it sounds to him. Thanks for the input, Ax!

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 20 Jul , 2007 2:01 pm
Not so deep as a well

I really like the concept for Dudes, BTW. :D

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 26 Jul , 2007 9:58 pm
Insolent Pup

Small update: site is finally proofread and more grammatically correct than before. :cheers:

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Aug , 2007 1:24 am
Insolent Pup

So, my friend and I have been invited to a game con called Arisa in january '08. It's in Massachusetts. One of us is definitely going. Apparently our title game will fit perfectly since the theme of their convention this year is Ninja vs Pirates. I'm excited! Exposure!

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: