board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Films that make you turn the lights on...

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 26 Sep , 2007 11:19 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

That's the one. ;)

It just took a long time to get anywhere and kept introducing new characters almost up until the end, so it was kind of disarming. And the ending is really unspectacular. When it was all over, I wondered why the story couldn't have just followed SPOILER the damn sperm whale. I like whales. I would've been routing for them. SPOILER

I do like squid and octopi now, though!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 29 Sep , 2007 9:27 am

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Quote:
And how many sharks will have to die for that. :roll:
I don't think it's bad as it was in the 70's. Nothing like Jaws had ever been seen before so it was kind of a frenzy. So many more people these days know the trivia fact about you being more likely to get stung by a bee than bit by a shark.
Yeah, I agree with you, I didn't really mean that. Just a wee bit of frustration. ;) But I am of course not blind to the fact that a shark is a perfect villian.

And I didn't hate Jaws, it was perfectly okay, but I can't see why it scared people out of their bathtubs. :P

I liked the ending of Beast (and the rest of the book). It would have been way stupid if a little man had taken down a giant squid. Only one natural enemy...

Oh, wait, what? This isn't the shark thread? :blackeye:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: