board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Jackson to film Hobbit in 3D (reported on Filmhobbit.com)

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 37 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 5:22 pm
You are hearing me talk

I wouldn't mind someone trying to make a story out of the Council's move against Dol Guldur, but I'd hate to see a lot of that mixed in with the bona fide Tolkien in the Hobbit.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 5:25 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Have no fear. I am quite sure Mr Excess will shove all kinds of things in this story.
Here is to wagering that 90% of the 2nd movie is The Battle of Ten Armies. Five just isn't enough.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 5:31 pm
You are hearing me talk

I at least wouldn't be surprised to see Smaug's demise moved to the middle of the battle somehow.

Profile Quote
eborr
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 6:17 pm

hmm the book is only in 2D unless you invest in some of the special edition embossed print versions.

I have read elsewhere that PJ is very interested in the 3D technology, problem is he will have to ensure that where he vere's away from the text his stories have some depth to them

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 6:29 pm
His Rosyness

Quote:
I have read elsewhere that PJ is very interested in the 3D technology, problem is he will have to ensure that where he vere's away from the text his stories have some depth to them
*coughs* As much depth as The Hobbit?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 10:25 pm

Ain't it Cool News claims to have contacted Jackson about the rumor, and he denied it.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34942

BrianIs :) AtYou

[ img ]

My niece, Humera, under a pumpkin leaf!

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Dec , 2007 10:33 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

This has to be filmed in 3D in order to get any real depth.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 03 Dec , 2007 3:23 pm

What's the point of 3D except to make monsters jump out at you better? *sigh* As if the monsters need any more emphasis than a normal PJ movie would give them. :roll:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 03 Dec , 2007 3:39 pm
of Vinyamar

To my mind it doesn't matter whether its filmed in 3D or not. Thats a bonus if it happens. There's plenty of reasons other than "jump-outs" for filming in 3D. Simple immersion being the most obvious. Any thing that makes you feel involved is better than something which makes you feel like an observer.

What really matters to me is that its filmed at all, and that its good*

*What constitutes "good" will vary for every one of us.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 03 Dec , 2007 3:40 pm
Aspiring to heresy

BrianIsSmilingAtYou wrote:
Nienor SharkAttack wrote:
Two movies will surely bring about plenty of detours to Osgiliath... :roll:
Or possibly to Dol Guldur...
I'd love this! It would spawn a whole new vocabulary set! :banana:

"The lecture, which was ostensibly about voice-over protocol, spent most of its time in Dol Guldur."

"Her latest novel, A Cucumber to Remember, has a compelling plot line but could easily be edited to half its length by getting rid of all the Dol Guldurian episodes."

"Every time I try to start a serious conversation about our relationship, she starts yammering on about Dol Guldur."

"His political columns really put the 'Dol' in Dol Guldur."

"To Dol Guldur with all of this crap! I'm going skijoring."

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 04 Dec , 2007 5:19 am

Jude wrote:
Two movies will surely bring about plenty of detours to Osgiliath... :roll:
Or possibly to Dol Guldur...
I'd love this! It would spawn a whole new vocabulary set! :banana:

"The lecture, which was ostensibly about voice-over protocol, spent most of its time in Dol Guldur."

"Her latest novel, A Cucumber to Remember, has a compelling plot line but could easily be edited to half its length by getting rid of all the Dol Guldurian episodes."

"Every time I try to start a serious conversation about our relationship, she starts yammering on about Dol Guldur."

"His political columns really put the 'Dol' in Dol Guldur."

"To Dol Guldur with all of this crap! I'm going skijoring."
Dol Guldur just sounds so much like something some curmudgeonly guy would say:

Dol Guldur! Dagnabbit! Stay out of my garden you pesky kids!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Dec , 2007 2:46 am

[ img ]

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 07 Dec , 2007 6:01 am

TORC now has an update from Marketsaw on their front page news:

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2007/12/e ... vatar.html

Quote:
Thanks for waiting guys. As I posted yesterday, I have an update from my deepest sources about "The Hobbit" to a certain degree, but more so for "Avatar". So here we go:

Concerning "The Hobbit":

Basically my source confirms that PJ's camp is covering up what they don't want the world to know yet. But this is what he can assure me:

1. New Line WANTS Peter Jackson to direct The Hobbit. (Another source has said that they are close to an agreement). My sources are "guaranteeing" that he will direct. I have never heard them say this before! My reputation is riding on this one. 100% veracity.

2. The Hobbit WILL BE a two part film - but here is the new information - the second film will be influenced by the foundation of "The Silmarillion" and "The History of Middle-earth Series" (which is a 12 part series of books where JRR's son, Christopher Tolkien analyses JRR's old manuscripts; the manuscripts that ultimately led to become "The Silmarillion", "Lord of the Rings" and "Númenor" which is sort of like Atlantis). The second movie will ultimately lead us up to creation of The Fellowship in a graceful and logical fashion! So for all of you out there that thought that "The Hobbit" is too short a story for two feature movies (let alone two Peter Jackson feature movies) then you were right. Before you ask, my source has reminded me that PJ has access to the JRR manuscripts and extensive notes as he did for the LOTR trilogy. These notes were the foundation for the two books mentioned above, but are not the books themselves (which are still in the Tolkien family's hands). I mention the books to better frame what he has in mind. Jackson borrowed from Tolkien's notes for LOTR to build the story he wanted. He will do so again for The Hobbit.

Now that is simply awesome news! There is a great deal of Middle-earth information in those manuscripts and the interpretation of Tolkien's son adds much more content of course. It goes without saying that this has not been officially announced. Peter Jackson will direct "The Hobbit" and it's sequel: This is insider information from sources that are on the battle front and they are staking their reputation on it! I have this info from two separate sources as I have posted before. I have never heard them be so emphatic about something taking place before. The Hobbit in 3D is just the sort of movie to bring 3D to the masses in a big way with Avatar providing the 1-2 punch.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave_LF
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 07 Dec , 2007 1:41 pm
You are hearing me talk

2. The Hobbit WILL BE a two part film - but here is the new information - the second film will be influenced by the foundation of "The Silmarillion" and "The History of Middle-earth Series" (which is a 12 part series of books where JRR's son, Christopher Tolkien analyses JRR's old manuscripts; the manuscripts that ultimately led to become "The Silmarillion", "Lord of the Rings" and "Númenor" which is sort of like Atlantis).
Oh yeah; still got it! :dance:

(whether "it" refers to my ability to guess correctly or to be bamboozled remains to be seen)

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 18 Dec , 2007 7:52 pm

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Estel Dúnadan
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 31 Dec , 2007 6:29 am
Revenge of the Salmon

WampusCat wrote:
Maybe some of the dwarves will be female.
Well, I hope they have good beards, and look almost identical to male dwarves.
Bah, no, I don't want PJ making up stories of his own. You have a perfectly good tale in The Hobbit, Mr Jackson, leave it at that.
I AGREE!!! The LotR movies, although very good in many ways, had an absolutely mutilated plot, and that spoiled the whole thing.
2. The Hobbit WILL BE a two part film - but here is the new information - the second film will be influenced by the foundation of "The Silmarillion" and "The History of Middle-earth Series". The second movie will ultimately lead us up to creation of The Fellowship in a graceful and logical fashion!
Whee-haa!!! But it better be graceful. :neutral:

BTW - what's a 3D movie? Does it use holograms or something?

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 Jan , 2008 10:13 am
Wembley bound

Its two hours of watching things come at you and getting a headache afterwards instead of watching it on a normal flat screen where things appear more realistic and don't induce aches of the head.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: