board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

*SCREAMS* Beyonce will be singing POTO song at Oscars

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 68 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: *SCREAMS* Beyonce will be singing POTO song at Oscars
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 1:45 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-02-11#celeb7
Quote:
Beyonce a Triple Threat at the Oscars

Beyonce Knowles will have her work cut out at the 77th Academy Awards on February 27 - she's singing three of the five nominated songs. The Destiny's Child star had already signed up to duet with Josh Groban on The Polar Express theme "Believe" and now she has agreed to sing the Original Song nominees from Phantom Of The Opera and Les Choristes. Phantom star Minnie Driver was considered the obvious choice to sing Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Learn To Be Lonely" at the Oscars as she sang the tune on the film soundtrack, but Knowles has stepped in to perform. She'll also sing "Look To Your Path" from Les Choristes. Meanwhile, rockers Counting Crows will perform their Shrek 2 Best Song nomination, "Accidentally In Love," while there's no confirmation as to who will sing the fifth nominated song, The Motorcycle Diaries' "Al Otro Lado Del Rey" at the awards show.
Wtf, she has such a shit voice! Why is she doing ANY of these songs? Josh Groban sang the Polar Express song all on his own, so why the fuck is she jumping in there at the Oscars? Isn't Les Choristes a nice little foreign flick? Who the fuck thought Beyonce should sing it?

But what really, really, REALLY fuckig fries me is that they're getting her to ALSO sing "Learn To Be Lonely" from Phantom of the Opera. My god. It will be a disaster of the vomiting sort. Minnie had such a gorgeous voice for this tune and it almost borders on country. Beyonce's voice will not at all suit it.

And since when are Oscar performances for hire? I don't know three of the nominees, but the films from which they hail are pretty damn diverse, so why they got Beyonce to do ALL of them is pissing me off so badly. I just can't believe this. What bullshit.

*E*

Last edited by *E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* on Sat 19 Feb , 2005 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 1:52 pm

*shudder*

Maybe I won't watch the Oscars this year...

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 2:39 pm
b77 whipping boy

Is it wrong that I tie most of the things that really annoy me these days to some form of purism???

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 2:45 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Pure is good.

But when it makes you want to tear out your testicle hair because some tramp like Beyonce is gonna be singing something from a classy affair like Phantom of the Opera, it is possibly a bit of a curse as well. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 3:20 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

somebody ductape her mouth please. :Q all that high pitches screaming ...i can't stand it

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 3:31 pm

Me or Beyonce? :mrgreen:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 3:53 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

:LMAO: you fool. Beyonce's of course! nah i like your high pitches shrieks ;)

lucky the oscars are like 3 in the morning if they get broacasted at all so i won't have to suffer

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 5:11 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Oscars were on the first night I got to Holland last year.

Got to Steve's from the airport, took a nap, had sex, went out for dinner, and stayed up to watch them - I was very tired preciousssss :LMAO:

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 5:48 pm

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
But when it makes you want to tear out your testicle hair because some tramp like Beyonce is gonna be singing something from a classy affair like Phantom of the Opera, it is possibly a bit of a curse as well. :P
*makes obligatory vomiting noise*

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 8:34 pm
His Rosyness

*E*, please tell me this is a joke? :Q

Minnie singing Learn to be Lonely was one of the few bits of the Oscars I was looking forward to.

Last edited by Iavas_Saar on Fri 11 Feb , 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 10:21 pm
Milk and kisses

BWAAAAAHAAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny

Ahem. Don't know what came over me there. Sorry... :mrgreen:

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 10:46 pm
His Rosyness

How would *you* feel if Beyonce wanted to sing a Cocteau Twins or Franz Ferdinand song to the world? :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 12:13 am
Milk and kisses

I'd wish her good luck. :mrgreen:

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 3:48 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Could be worse.

Imagine if was Ashlee Simpson.

She'd end up singing Phantom Of The Opera to the tune of the Polar Express.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Feb , 2005 5:07 am

Rodia wrote:
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
*makes obligatory vomiting noise*
Don't even, Ro. ;)
Jaeniver wrote:
:LMAO: you fool. Beyonce's of course! nah i like your high pitches shrieks ;)
lol! You know, my first reaction was that you meant me (cuz of the screaming in the title and how obviously pissed I was) :P but then at the last second it occured to me that you could be talking about Beyonce, cuz one of the reasons she always grated on me was her high-pitched warbling.

The last time I literally screamed (other than yesterday's news) was the other week when I found out PHANTOM OF THE OPERA was playing in my town. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Iavas_Saar wrote:
*E*, please tell me this is a joke? :Q

Minnie singing Learn to be Lonely was one of the few bits of the Oscars I was looking forward to.
I know, Iavas. :(:( It pains me so. And the fact that no reason has been given yet is just more salt on my open wounds. MINNIE, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!

EDIT: for good measure, *bitchslaps Berhael* ;) Wait, how's about this - would you want Beyonce singing Gollum's Song? Or humming select pieces of the LOTR soundtracks? :shock: (Please say no.)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
democritus
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Feb , 2005 3:47 pm

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:damnfunny

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 Mar , 2005 4:45 pm
citoyenne du monde

Well, *E*, for the first time in my life I watched the Oscars and I was scared by Beyonce. I almost cried for the composers :bawl: .

I managed to forgive her the "Look to your path" because she made the effort of singing it in French and it's not easy but that forgiveness disappeared when she "sang" Learn to be lonely.
She didn't do so bad with Josh Groban though she doesn't have the voice to accompany one such as his. Maybe she didn't want to make (for another time) a fool of herself. They should have asked Emma Rossun to sing with him; at least she is a talented singer. And since when is it that the original singers are left out for someone else?

I seem to remember you guys mentioning that Enya and Annie Lennox sang their respective songs at the ceremonies, and I am sure Celine Dion sang Titanic back then... Why didn't they let Minnie Driver sing Learn to be lonely... :roll: :roll:??

As for Beyonce, that girl is on the stage not to sing but to be looked at; she does not make the songs her own she massacres them to show her stupid (and off tune in at least three occasions) variations. This was a blasphemy, a sacriledge to the wonderful work of both composers and singers.
And they call her a "much talented singer"... I am sorry she's a much talented murderer of songs...

Rent over Sorry. It is just I heard a guy this morn on a Canadian music TV saying that she did a good job and that Santana and Banderas screwed up the Motorcycle diaries' song; I'm sorry they did better than Beyonce...

ok I'll stop there or you'll kill me :oops:

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 4:44 am

Eari, I thought I was being banned from TORC when Beyonce was singing, so I couldn't bring myself to venture outside of the computer room for more pain.

I taped the whole ceremony (arrivals, commercials, and all), and will hopefully get around to watching it tomorrow. My schedule has been MAJORLY screwed up these days - I woke up at 11pm tonight and will catch up on all the posts that started being made the moment I went to sleep at noon. :( I hope I can be around today (Wednesday) when everyone gets online again!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 8:35 pm
citoyenne du monde

:hug: :hug: *E* I understand, as for me I was preparing my day in the archives so no computer this week end, I can understand why you stayed in your room though :hug:

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 Mar , 2005 11:12 pm
of Vinyamar

*E*, do yourself a favour and skip Beyoncés crucifiction of "Learn to be Lonely". Even ALW looked embarrassed.

I actually found the TORC banning slightly less painful :)

Alatar

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 68 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: