board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The Killers

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
TheMary
Post subject: The Killers
Posted: Tue 19 Feb , 2008 10:14 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I absolutely am in love with The Killers and have been for some time now. Their first album Hot Fuss was fresh and upbeat and divine I couldn't wait for more! Their follow up Sam's Town didn't fall far from the Hot Fuss tree and I ate their sophomore album up like cake too. Now, their third album Sawdust seems to be a complication of oddities that most bands don't do until later in their discography and it took me a second listening to see it's brilliance but now I have and am as smitten as ever.

The Killers are on my list of automatic buys! I don't have to hear anything off of the album because I know it's going to be platinum and I'll love it

There is this bitchin' remix of Mr. Brightside on Sawdust that gives me goosebumps. It's a wee bit electronic and 100% amazing :love:. They also did a cover of Romeo and Juliet, a Joy Division song, and Sam's Town a la Abbey Road on Sawdust.

If you haven't already now is the time to experience The Killers marvelous musical journey!

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Feb , 2008 11:55 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I have no major objections to them, but I did recently purge most of their stuff from my collection. Just didn't stick all that much for me.

However, the song "All These Things That I've Done" is, pardon the pun, killer. One of my go-to tracks for feelin' good on a weekend, it just puts the biggest smile on my face. I always play it back-to-back with "Is It Any Wonder?" by Keane.

Will try to check out the new album sometime, they're nowhere near my blacklist or anything like that.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 12:02 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

These days I tend to shy away from the stuff they play on the radio because I've heard a gazillion times and there is better Killer material. That was until the pimp Mr. Brightside remix :D.

I'm glad you found a song that pumps you and makes you happy *E* those are the best songs :).

"All the things that I've done" is a really great song btw I had to YouTube it since I didn't recognize the track by it's name :blackeye: .

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 12:17 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Perhaps it is not, I think that file is a relic from when I used nasty share programs... a lot of downloads were incorrectly titled. :roll:

Whatever it is, it's one of my top songs lol.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 12:29 am

Their makeup artists are exceptional.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 12:41 am

That's KISS.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 1:17 am

same diff

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 1:28 am

Seriously?

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 1:42 am

No, goofball. :P

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 1:50 am

Oh, sorry. I figure at most they've worn eyeliner in the past, is that it? Can't be any worse than 30 Seconds To Mars, in that regard. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 3:00 am

Hehe, no, it was just I remembered their brightside video being really glammy and them being very glammed up with the vid but I went and watched it and I guess they're not really. I mean, they've still got a ton of makeup on, but not the garish emo-y kind. :P

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 3:32 am

D'oh, I didn't get the video reference. ty for walking me through it lol.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Donernilwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 4:28 am
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

I love them. :love: I must be totally out of it or something cause I didn't know they had a new album out. Just tonight "smile like you mean it" came on (which is a fav by the by) and I thought to myself "they should really come out with more stuff". :D

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 25 Feb , 2008 11:55 am
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Bleh
Borry

Borry: equality works both ways cheater!
Don: so does not

So I take pictures now, check em out if you'd like. Here you go.

Profile Quote
eborr
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 11 Mar , 2008 8:18 am

We think they are V good, still trying to work out how such a band came from Las Vegas..

my favourite Killers moment when Mr Flowers was being interviewed by Jools Holland (for those of you who don't know he is a talentless toad amd all round cokney git) when asked the question had they (the Killers ) managed to take in any music on their visit to London replied, "No but we did here some good stuff in Liverpool and Manchester"

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 12 Mar , 2008 1:16 am
pixel-pusher

Big fan:)

What's this about a Mr. Brightside remix??

I love Somebody Told Me.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Donernilwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 12 Mar , 2008 1:29 am
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

I don't like the mr. brightside remix all that much honestly. Too techno for my tastes. The Sams town acoustic version is great though. :)

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 12 Mar , 2008 4:43 am

On Sawdust there is a Mr. Brightside remix that is technoish but I love it! It took me a second listen through to really appreciate it though :poke: :D.

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see