board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Legend of the Seeker

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]
halplm
Post subject: Legend of the Seeker
Posted: Sun 17 Aug , 2008 8:31 pm
b77 whipping boy

Based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books, this series is done by the same people that did Hercules and Xena, which at least had enough quality to stick around a while.

I have no doubt there is no way this series can capture all of the books (there are at least 10), but as they drop in quality rather drastically, if they just managed to capture the first two or three books in two or three seasons worth of shows, it would be very cool.

Oh, and it's got the guy that played Haldir in it :)

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Shadowjack
Post subject: Re: Legend of the Seeker
Posted: Thu 04 Dec , 2008 2:00 am
The Keeper of the Splendiferous Sword

halplm wrote:
Based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books, this series is done by the same people that did Hercules and Xena, which at least had enough quality to stick around a while.

I have no doubt there is no way this series can capture all of the books (there are at least 10), but as they drop in quality rather drastically, if they just managed to capture the first two or three books in two or three seasons worth of shows, it would be very cool.

Oh, and it's got the guy that played Haldir in it :)

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com" target="_blank
Seen the TV series... IMHO... sucks. I have the first book.. Wizards First Rule. Have never gotten around to reading it. And after seeing some of the series....(and yes don't judge a book by the show).. Not sure I want to.

[ img ]

Some there be that shadows kiss;
Such have but a shadows bliss.
-Shakespeare-

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Thu 04 Dec , 2008 3:23 am
citoyenne du monde

I read the first four books of the Sword of Truth...
There are 11 of these... Are said to drop in quality indeed but hey some day I'll get back to them ;)

But the first 4 are good, but if they do the 4th they have to do the 5th. 1, 2 and 3 are enough and it all could stop there (in a way ;))

Well if Craig Parker plays in it, at least he is going to have fun. I don't think that guy can be serious for more than 5 minutes (and I was at the Gathering in 2003)

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Posted: Thu 04 Dec , 2008 6:58 am
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Hm...I posted in this thread back when Hal first started it...my post must have been eaten. Anyways a summary of what I said is, "Just make the first few books then get in the stuff about Warren and it'll be great :D"
Borry

Borry: equality works both ways cheater!
Don: so does not

So I take pictures now, check em out if you'd like. Here you go.

Profile Quote
halplm
Posted: Thu 04 Dec , 2008 10:57 am
b77 whipping boy

The show is not at all following the first book. It seems to be drawing from the first several books for basically a new story.

It's not a "great" show by any means, but it's entertaining, and it makes me want to read the books every time I watch it :)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Thu 04 Dec , 2008 12:10 pm
of Vinyamar

I have to admit a kind of fascination with how the hell they're going to handle the Mord Sith and their sexual depravities in the series... :devil:

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
RELStuart
Posted: Wed 31 Dec , 2008 3:40 am
Legendury speller

Read all the books but my friends that lent me their books to read were pretty disappointed with the show. Said the characters were portrayed very differently. Which seems a bit risky considering there is a huge fan base out there for the books to make the show very different. I may give it a look see sometime though. They have episodes out at hulu.com if anyone wants to watch the beginning.

"When people don't believe in you, you have to believe in yourself. "
Pierce Brosnan

"Please don't disillusion me. I haven't had breakfast yet." Card

Profile Quote
halplm
Posted: Tue 20 Jan , 2009 12:48 am
b77 whipping boy

Alatar wrote:
I have to admit a kind of fascination with how the hell they're going to handle the Mord Sith and their sexual depravities in the series... :devil:
Denna showed up in the episode a week ago. It was very different than the book, much less explicit, and much less bloody ;)... and in the end deviated from the book in a way I wasn't expecting, but one that will probably serve the series better than had it been exactly like the book.

There was no doubt, however, of the depravity of the Mord Sith.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Tue 20 Jan , 2009 9:38 am
of Vinyamar

Cool. I'm only up to about Ep 3 or 4. The one with the magic map was last. Its definitely tending towards the Xena style.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Estel
Posted: Tue 20 Jan , 2009 3:30 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

If they're essentially rewriting the entire thing in order to make it into a TV series, it'll probably be better. Can't get much worse. I read the first book in this series. It was the first and only book that I have ever burned. It was incredibly satisfying to burn it. It almost made up for the fact that I wasted a whole day reading the stupid piece of useless drivel.

Not to offend anyone who likes Terry Goodkind - I just think his writing isn't worth the dog crap I had to wipe off the bottom of my shoe the other day.

Scarred me for life, that "book."

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Wed 21 Jan , 2009 1:47 am

:Q Wow, Estel. You must not have read much other fantasy novels. I assure you there are far worse then Mr. Goodkind!

Profile Quote
Estel
Posted: Wed 21 Jan , 2009 9:08 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Wow yova, that was condescending!

You assume that because I don't like it that I must be ignorant about the entire genre. :roll:

I assure you, I've spent my whole reading life enjoying pretty much nothing but sci-fi and fantasy novels as it is my favorite genre, and my fantasy collection is extensive. My opinion is based on personal taste, not on ignorance.

Profile Quote
Legolas the elf
Posted: Mon 09 Feb , 2009 6:18 am
Trudging the road of happy destiny...

I have a confession to make:

I unexpectedly watched this show late lastnight....and was saddened when it went off. :nerd:

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: