board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Legend of the Seeker

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
halplm
Post subject: Legend of the Seeker
Posted: Sun 17 Aug , 2008 8:41 pm
b77 whipping boy

Based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books, this series is done by the same people that did Hercules and Xena, which at least had enough quality to stick around a while.

I have no doubt there is no way this series can capture all of the books (there are at least 10), but as they drop in quality rather drastically, if they just managed to capture the first two or three books in two or three seasons worth of shows, it would be very cool.

Oh, and it's got the guy that played Haldir in it :)

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 18 Aug , 2008 5:13 am
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Oooo, if they could just get the first few books, then skip to the parts about Warren I think his name was, then do the last book itd be perfect ;)

Goodkind got a little carried away with books 4-5 i think they were.
Borry

Borry: equality works both ways cheater!
Don: so does not

So I take pictures now, check em out if you'd like. Here you go.

Profile Quote
RELStuart
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 25 Aug , 2008 8:48 pm
Legendury speller

This could be really good. I just read through all the book for the first time earlier this year. Some were better then others. But overall I quite enjoyed them.

(I liked his defience when he was captured and taken on the other side of the veil to be "trianed".)

"When people don't believe in you, you have to believe in yourself. "
Pierce Brosnan

"Please don't disillusion me. I haven't had breakfast yet." Card

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject: Re: Legend of the Seeker
Posted: Sun 02 Nov , 2008 3:35 am
b77 whipping boy

The first episode was tonight. I liked it a great deal.

It has significant departures from the book, but I can tell they have a bit of a different way for the story to progress. They're also incorporating concepts that Goodkind didn't come up with until later earlier. It works, if it's a little odd.

Goodkind is working on the series, so it's interesting to see how he would go back and retell the beginning of the story when it's been finished.

That and it's being done by abc (ie Disney), so the violence is toned down significantly. Although, the battles were plenty satisfactory, just not the graphic nature of the books.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Sun 02 Nov , 2008 12:04 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

What channel is this on in the states? I'm going to go check out Hulu and hope it's on there.

Thanks for the heads up hal. :)

edit: Damn, it isn't. Looks like I won't be able to watch it.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Sun 02 Nov , 2008 10:32 pm
of Vinyamar

I downloaded it Eru. Looks pretty good, if you can get past the accents and a couple of really clunky anachronisms. "Instruction Manual"? Please....

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
halplm
Posted: Mon 03 Nov , 2008 9:03 am
b77 whipping boy

Oh, it's cheesy, there's no question :). It's being made by the same people that made Hurcules and Xena after all :)

I started re-reading the books again a few weeks ago, so it's fresh in my mind.

The clearest difference that I can see, is that all of the characters are starting out much weaker than they did in the books. Well, maybe not weaker, but less confident. The Sword of Truth, about which the entire series is arguably based, was developed in the books almost as a character itself. In the show, it seems to be elevated to a much larger prominence, with a lot of the future developments incorporated already.

I like that it seems Zedd will have a larger role, although the less confidence and power is necessary for that to happen.

The biggest complaint I have, having thought about it more, is that it seems the "Boxes of Orden" have been completely removed from the story. Maybe they'll be introduced later, but it seems odd, as they play a part throughout the entire series, arguably as important as the Sword of Truth. Of course, they are a more complex, and there was already a LOT of explanation being worked into the first episode.

I think it will make it, as there is nothing else currently in that niche, but I hope they know they're in a precarious position, and don't waste time on filler :)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Posted: Tue 04 Nov , 2008 10:16 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Alatar wrote:
I downloaded it Eru.
I'm assuming this is from the site you use to get all the other shows you download?

I don't watch enough to justify spending £5/month. I've been working my way through SG1 and have found a place to get them for free. I use Surfthechannel, but it can be a bit frustrating getting things to load. I'm also very thankful for that Hotspot Shield program I have that allows me to access American TV sites.

I just can't get over not being able to access programs I would used to get for free. It's frustrating!

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Tue 04 Nov , 2008 11:00 pm
of Vinyamar

Try Bittorrents. Here's a quick check on The Pirate Bay. Use uTorrent or Vuze to download. Its slower than Easynews, but its free!

http://thepiratebay.org/search/legend%2 ... ker/0/99/0" target="_blank

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: