board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Joining the rowing club

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Wilma
Post subject: Joining the rowing club
Posted: Thu 11 Sep , 2008 11:35 am
Takoyaki is love

Well school has started and I have decided to join the rowing club. It would be a full body work out and I can hopefully get fit and ease my back and shoulder issues. (I haven't exercised in about 6 months.)

Practice starts at 5:30 am :help: :help: :help: 6 days a week.

My biggest concern is sleeping in and missing a practice. Actually it's my number 1 and 2 concern. Number 3 is my lack of co-ordination :help: and number 4 is :tired: . I started this thread basically to look for encouragement to keep going with it. We had our first practice today and I keep screwing up my stroke. (Basically the recovery and drive). So yeah any help would be appreciated. I think maybe I should post after practice so that way I know I have not chickened out or made up an excuse. (I have knee issues but probably the rowing will help with it.)

:tired:

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject: Re: Joining the rowing club
Posted: Sat 13 Sep , 2008 3:00 pm
Takoyaki is love

I swear I posted b4 this one. Anyway I just got back from rowing. i actually got up early on a Saturday. Today we went in the water!! :)

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Posted: Sun 14 Sep , 2008 1:50 am

How are you feeling? I find that if I push myself too hard while rowing, my forearms kill me.

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Wilma
Posted: Mon 15 Sep , 2008 7:23 pm
Takoyaki is love

I rowed today . It was good. I feel only a little sore. (It's only novice rowing ;) )

[ img ]

Profile Quote
laureanna
Posted: Tue 16 Sep , 2008 3:43 am
Triathlete

I joined a dragon boat crew in March, and now I paddle for 1.5 hours, three days a week. I love it. I'm getting bulging biceps and I stand up straighter, thanks to the improved back muscles. I'm 52, by the way, and can keep up with the 20 year olds when it comes to paddling without stopping.

Here's a video that captures the spirit: some races, lots of having fun.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8910614654" target="_blank

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Well, I'm back.

Profile Quote
Wilma
Posted: Sat 11 Oct , 2008 11:49 pm
Takoyaki is love

OK i am so sorry for not responding. I have been keeping up with rowing and my shoulder injury came back to bite me so now I am a cox. today was our second competition and we didn't come dead last (like the last time) we actually beat a school!!!! :D :cheers:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: