board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

A tablet for Tosh?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Pippin4242
Post subject: A tablet for Tosh?
Posted: Tue 17 Feb , 2009 5:03 am
Hasta la victoria, siempre

I finally reinstalled Flash and plugged my old Trust tablet back into my formatted computer a couple of hours ago.

Worked fine. Beautiful. I'm so happy with it. You want links to the same or similar? I'm so chuffed. Drawing again after all this time! :D Thanks for prompting me. :)

-Pips-

EDIT: Resulting in the least likely looking anniversary card ever. (These things must be discreet you see). I'm sure she'll get it. :)

[ img ]

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject: Re: A tablet for Tosh?
Posted: Tue 17 Feb , 2009 9:51 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

A thread just for me!:Q

Well done with the pic. I will not dwell on what the discreet message is. :D
Hmm, I've been looking at the idea but I might just work with paper and scan images in. I was thinking of adding illustrations to text you see. I'm pretty much a beginner at this art stuff anyway. I will keep a tablet in mind for the future though.

I did like your WPC Kitty BTW.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject: Re: A tablet for Tosh?
Posted: Wed 18 Feb , 2009 1:43 am
Hasta la victoria, siempre

The message is "thanks for two awesome years together, but if you're not happy I will send an American Football-playing Japanese biker gang to kick your ass." :P

I'm flattered that you recalled that police girl picture! :LMAO: She's a Hellsing character, whose in-canon nickname is Kitten. It's a series full of Nazis, werewolves, badass immortal vampires and... her. ;)

Anyway, I guess that's sort of my point. There's so many different ways to create art using the computer, and I've dabbled with several different methods in the last couple of years. That old police girl picture started life as a pencil and ink drawing, which was coloured in Photoshop 7. The card I made last night never saw paper - I was able to draw and alter the lineart from scratch in Flash (and I still find it quickest and easiest to colour in Photoshop, because Flash doesn't recognise layers very well). It really all depends on what you're hoping to do, to what extent you'd like to edit (I find that scanning doesn't always preserve pictures very well) and how far you'd like to experiment.

That said, here's the tablet I use. I think I picked mine up just a little cheaper second-hand, but it's the same one alright. There's a cheaper Wacom listed, and they've got a good reputation, but the only one I can vouch for is my slightly grouchy but ultimately steadfast Trust. :)

Happy hunting! :cheers:

-Pips-

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: