board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

What makes a good chick flick?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dawnnamira
Post subject: Re: What makes a good chick flick?
Posted: Fri 27 Feb , 2009 6:27 pm

((I really wanted her to stay with Nobou because he was happy with her and I didn't want her with Takumi because I like him but he doesn't deserve someone so devoted to him.))

Anyway...I agree with your points about the differences between a "good" chick flick (good for anyone else, as I usually avoid them like Ryuuken wanted Uryuu to avoid Ichigo) and a good film that a woman would enjoy.

A good film is universally enjoyable - that would be most of the ones Estel listed. A 'good' chick flick, well... :scared: :shrug: I don't even know.

I have trouble saying (or even understanding why others would think like this) that a good movie with an romance element is a chick flick because of it. I would never be able to convince many of my female friends to go see an action movie with me because there happens to be a touching romance between two characters, just as they wouldn't be able to convince me to go see Troy because there happens to be some fighting. :Q

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject: Re: What makes a good chick flick?
Posted: Wed 04 Mar , 2009 12:08 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Generally Hugh Grant is a chick flick.

Speaking of chick flicks for some odd reason Walker Texas Ranger is on television. Chuck Norris round house kicks chick flicks into being action films for men. Did you hear that? Hugh Grants balls just dropped!!!! :clap:

In all seriousness ROtK is not a chick flick it's mostly fighting and friendship oh, and at the end Aragorn gets his woman woot! Chick flicks are usually heart warming with some tears and love that was lost is now found. My DVD case is littered with them as I do enjoy a good chick flick, yes Hugh Grant is in some of them! In my defense Untamed Heart is wedged between The Hills Have Eyes on my shelf so....

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away