Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Re: Susan Boyle: singing sensation
Posted: Sat 18 Apr , 2009 10:26 pm

Great story... great voice ... a star is born. :cheers:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 3:19 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I loved this video! My Mom called to tell me about it a few weeks ago and I had to show Rob and then my friend Amanda because it was such a wonderful story.

Albeit, the producers found Boyle for the show but that doesn't change her talent.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
laureanna
Posted: Sun 31 May , 2009 6:04 pm
Triathlete

It bothers me that the glitterati were looking down their noses at her because she was plain, unassuming, unfashonably dressed, overweight, and in general not "star" quality. You could see how they considered her beneath contempt - a joke. Then she opened her mouth an they were amazed. Unfortunately, I don't sing well, but I do look somewhat like Susan Boyle, so the glitterati will no doubt keep me in the "beneath contempt" category for the rest of my life.

Now, having glimpsed how they treat people, it's hard for me not to keep them beneath contempt.

Well, I'm back.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Mon 01 Jun , 2009 1:38 pm

Not being across the pond in England and not having seen this over the weekend, my impressions are very much second hand. However, I suspect that the bad publicity Ms. Boyle got recently about her temper and blow up did not serve her cause well. In these type of situations I am reminded of how people who are instant darlings of the news media can also be instantly destroyed by the news media.

Ms. Boyle seems like an extremely talented woman with a strong voice. Despite her not winning the competition, I would hope she gets her recording contract and people who want to listen to her singing can have the opportunity to do so.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Mon 01 Jun , 2009 2:39 pm
Daydream Believer

I am surprised she did not win. And now they are saying she has been hospitalized for exhaustion. I do hope she ends up with a contract but can keep the whole thing under her own control. It's always hard being under control of someone else, and probably even harder when it's the media.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: