board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Angels & Demons film

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Angels & Demons film
Posted: Mon 18 May , 2009 12:18 pm

Saw ANGELS & DEMONS over the weekend and liked it a great deal. It is a very good thriller and detective film which rushes by at a fast clip. Its a good summer film that is worth the price of admission. It is based on the Dan Brown book about the Catholic Church electing a new pope. There are tons of scenes in both Rome and the Vatican and if you are into that sort of stuff its a bonus. People are comparing it to the previous DA VINCI CODE and its a much better film than that was. They have learned from those mistakes.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject: Re: Angels & Demons film
Posted: Mon 18 May , 2009 12:56 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Personally, I thought it was appalling... Any attempts at creating suspense were rendered hilarious by the ridiculousness of the things being suspended. (I must change ze batteries! There's NO TIME!!!)

Anyone interested in going to see the shots of the various churches etc. in the Vatican and Rome will be disappointed. The action moves too quickly and there's simply no time to take anything in.

Several characters (notably one of the antagonists, and the head of the Swiss guard) are simply not developed at all, and characters that might appear significant at the beginning are quickly left behind.

It's obvious whodunnit almost from the beginning. (And I hadn't read the book)

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: