board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Slumdog Millionaire

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
TheMary
Post subject: Slumdog Millionaire
Posted: Thu 25 Jun , 2009 10:57 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I recently Netflixed this years Academy Award winner for best picture Slumdog Millionaire. The story about poverty and hope in a series of flashbacks leading up to the current situation Slumdog was a fantastic film. My synopsis was really shitty but the film is amazing and Dev Patel is dreamy and the music is pimp.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire
Posted: Fri 26 Jun , 2009 3:50 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

ew @ Dev Patel being dreamy. I am still mad at his character from Skins. :pout: :P It's so wild that suddenly a whole new cast is brought in for that show, he's freed up to star in Slumdog, and it goes on to win everything. I still think of him Anwar! And I don't usually pigeon-hold an actor like that heh.

But I'm more than interested in seeing Slumdog (perhaps especially since renting Born Into Brothels, which took place in Calcutta as opposed to Mumbai, but presented a similarly hopeless way of life). Will get to it when I can. *tips hat*

They put M.I.A. on the soundtrack, so I wanna check that out as well. She's ridiculously fascinating.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Posted: Fri 26 Jun , 2009 5:41 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

I saw this a few days ago. Honestly, I thought it started out pretty great, then became just a bit shit, at the point where he was put back into the competition. I just got really bored at that point.

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Fri 26 Jun , 2009 9:25 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

*E*,

Common mistake you used Mumbai when it used to be called Bombay, but didn't use Kolkata instead of Calcutta.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Posted: Fri 26 Jun , 2009 9:45 pm

I hated this movie. :nono:

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 27 Jun , 2009 3:23 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Lidless, I had actually never heard of Kolkata until yesterday. Google always marks locations in their home tongue, so I had trouble figuring out how far it was from Mumbai heh. I've heard of 'Calcutta' for sure, but never knew it went by another name. 'Mumbai' I've only heard of in recent years, and maybe only found out its connection to 'Bombay' like last year. :roll: :scared: I feel guilty, there is some political correctness I don't roll with cuz it's over the top, but then there are things I don't even realize I'm doing wrong. Like city names. Of places with ten million people. :uhoh: Boo-urns!

~random memory~ here, but didn't you work in India at some point or have a job interview? I may have gone on a wikipedia bender after mention of that. So many shiny links and places to learn about. [ img ]

Yov, now I really have to see Slumdog. I think we were very much on the same page with Little Miss Sunshine and Juno, which were also considered the feel-good movies of their respective years. Hope I like SM, cuz it's always nice to enjoy a flick, but if not, it is also nice to share tastes. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Sat 27 Jun , 2009 9:27 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

I popped over to Hyderabad for a few days on business last year. That's my only trip to India (other than Harrow and Wembley).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lurker
Posted: Sun 28 Jun , 2009 4:01 am

One of the best movies I've seen so far. It deserved the Oscar it got.

Caution...You are entering the NO SPIN ZONE.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: