board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

True Blood

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
TheMary
Post subject: Re: True Blood
Posted: Fri 06 May , 2011 4:15 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I've read the "Dead" series and have the current book waiting for me on my Nook. I watch True Blood. They are both very entertaining but have their differences. After last season and reading the synopsis of the most recent book it seems Charlaine Harris is possibly taking the show and translating it into her books plot which is super disapointing. I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong. Usually you read the book and then have a general idea of how the show will turn out, the show shouldn't ruin the ongoing plot of the books!!!!!

Bella was a Betty Sue, practically perfect in everyway *barf*. I like flaws in a character that's why Sookie and Buffy are superior. Although Sookie gets on my nerves at times, a la Bella, good thing Eric Nothman helps me forget allllllll about that :heya: .

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Fri 24 Jun , 2011 10:46 pm
bioalchemist

Okay, finished with Seasons 1 and 2. Eric is hot, I'll grant y'all that but he's a total dick. What's with all the swooning?

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Mon 27 Jun , 2011 2:17 pm

We just started season 3 and I'm more disappointed than ever with the show. Everything's just so..... icky. And Eric is repulsive in the show, but fairly impressive in the books. :scratch: Why would the writers do that?

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2011 10:56 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Eric is a bigger jag in the show than he is in the books, but he's pretty fiesty in the books. Read the books River totally different vibe than the show since they've changed stuff quite a bit. In fact Sookie is one of my least favortie characters, as is Tara can we just kill her off? Lafayette however, was a brilliant keeper.

Elaborate on icky please Maria, I am curious. As for why would the writers make Eric so different from the book? Good question. He's a jerko in the books, but he crosses the line in the show, and yet because I love him in the books I still like him in the show.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2012 7:38 pm

We finally finished Season 3, and I feel more qualified to answer your question now.

It's like the TV version is in an alternate universe where everything that happens and every character is just more twisted, evil & repulsive. Like how Kirk and Spock are evil in that alternate universe they visit once. That's the only way I can stand to watch the TV series.

I could go down each episode and describe exactly what I dislike about the turns they've taken with the story, but that would get tedious. Suffice to say that the characters are generally just way out of proportion *more* of whatever trait they are supposed to be portraying or just twisted so far out of what Charlaine Harris wrote as to be unrecognizable. Calvin Norris for example.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: