The Last Homely Site on the Web

True Blood

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Eruname
Post subject: Re: True Blood
Posted: Thu 27 Aug , 2009 10:38 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I think the quicker they wrap up the Maryann storyline the better, unless she's going to segue into something better.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 27 Aug , 2009 11:02 pm
Daydream Believer

sauronsfinger wrote:
Article in todays paper said that the ratings on the last episode were the highest HBO has had since The Soprano's. So it looks it will be around for a few more years. I just hope they don't end the last episode at Sam Merlots place with the jukebox playing "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey as the main cast members sit in a booth eating munchies.

When your a vampire those muchies are completly different. And the song will be Wheel in the Sky.

Spoilers

Actually I think there is suppoesed to be one more maenad besides Maryann show up at some time.
The Queen is played by Rachel Evan Wood (Across the Universe and The Wrestler)

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Sat 29 Aug , 2009 1:45 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

SF don't worry about watching True Blood I got Rob hooked on Sex and the City, and believe me he was VERY hesitant to start watching :D.

The Eric and Sookie scene (you know the one) was :devil: . Sookie rolled over and showed some nip and Rob was like BOOBIES and I didn't even notice because Eric was soooooo amazingly hawt.

Book spoiler.....

In the books Sam and Maryanne get it on even though she's disgusting. I was glad that wasn't the case for the show because she's a lot less likable with her crazy antics. Evan Rachel Wood is going to play Sophie Anne huh? I always imagined her much younger but the show is way different than the books, but still very enjoyable.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Sat 29 Aug , 2009 11:25 pm
Daydream Believer

Hi Mary :D

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Sun 30 Aug , 2009 4:48 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Hello friend :hug:

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Mon 31 Aug , 2009 4:50 pm
Daydream Believer

Well I think Sept. 13th is going to be good.

I will wait until Eru can watch this last episode to say anything.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 12:04 am

I'm at least one week behind and my HBO source has left town so I will have to wait to mooch of my parentals this coming weekend when I leave Springfield for good!!! *is excited to watch*

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 1:08 am
Insolent Pup

Sookie's boobies were the only thing I saw in that scene. I didn't even realize there was another actor.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 3:34 pm
Daydream Believer

Funny all I saw as nekkid Eric, are you sure Sookie was in that scene? :scratch:

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 03 Sep , 2009 2:54 pm

Finally got to see this weeks episode last night and thought it was perhaps the least eventful episode of this season. Outside of some creative stuff with the Vampire Queen, it was pretty much just repetitive filler to get to the season finale. And with each passing week, Eric seems less fearsome.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 03 Sep , 2009 4:50 pm
Daydream Believer

I have to agree. And now for the week off and the waiting until the 13th.

Spoilers

I'm not impressed by the Queen, too teenage girl like, too eyerolling stupid for my taste. I was expecting the Queen to be more...well noble and regal. Not some teeny bopper on a Vampires Gone Wild dvd. I liked Godric a whole lot more.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 03 Sep , 2009 8:40 pm

Yes, Godric was a much richer and fuller character. I did enjoy the faux daytime that the Vampire Queen had created for herself. That was worth the hour. The whole yatzee thing was just stupid.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Estel
Posted: Sun 27 Sep , 2009 10:02 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I've just finished the first season and am having a hard time reconciling some of the massive differences between the books and the show. I mean, I know they have to make other characters more important to fill out the show, but it pisses me off just how drastically they changed some of the characters.

I kept saying to Steve that I really, really, really, really should not have read the books first.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Wed 28 Oct , 2009 3:11 pm

some news about season 3 for the fans

www.aintitcool.com/node/42873

very mild spoilers.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Mon 14 Jun , 2010 2:34 am
Daydream Believer

:banana: :banana: :drool: :drool: Eric Northman nekkid!!!

:bow: :bow: :flowerthrow:

I don't what else happened. :shrug: ;) :P

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Thu 24 Jun , 2010 8:34 pm
Wembley bound

Definately think season 3 is much much better than 2 so far. I figured that I would give 3 a try but if it was going to be like 2 I'd just ditch it.

So far its been very good, mysterious and rather witty. Anxious to see what happens next.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Tue 18 Jan , 2011 4:44 pm

Estel wrote:
I've just finished the first season and am having a hard time reconciling some of the massive differences between the books and the show. I mean, I know they have to make other characters more important to fill out the show, but it pisses me off just how drastically they changed some of the characters.

I kept saying to Steve that I really, really, really, really should not have read the books first.
We've watched season 1 and 2 this fall and liked them, but now we've started on the audio books and are on book 3 and the differences are simply amazing. I've decided to treat them as alternate universes. There's no way the writers can ever reconcile the differences between the two media now.

But, yeah, it's better to watch them first, I imagine. I don't know if we are going to continue with the TV series or not. We may get around to season 3 in a couple of years when the DVD prices have dropped to the "cheap enough" level, but not until then. The books are better, in my opinion.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Thu 05 May , 2011 5:25 am
bioalchemist

Season 1 has appeared in S's NetFlix queue. We got hooked on the first episode and are now up to the S1e7 (we thought we'd watch it tonight but the man's got work to do). Honestly, my relationship with vampire romances is something akin to my relationship with donuts. Scratch that. It's not just akin. It's exactly the same. I can't resist a good donut, and one is usually followed by another and another until my self-control kicks back in. Fortunately for my waistline, not only do donuts rarely cross my path (knowing my weakness, I do not seek), but my self-control usually kicks in after the first or second. But I enjoy donuts...until I've polished it off and reflected on what I just did and then I feel like I polluted my body. With vampire romances it's the same thing...except instead of polluting my body I feel like I'm polluting my mind, but when True Blood shows up in the mailbox I can't resist...

S feels the same, about both donuts and vampires. Clearly we were made for each other. :P

ETA: I've noticed some parallels between Tue Blood and Twilight. Mortal chick falls hard for a vampire and then ends up perpetually imperiled. The vampire is very fast and strong and rescues her and, of course, some of the myths get deconstructed. And one's a telepath and the other is immune to the power, but in True Blood it's the mortal chick who's the telepath and the vampire who can't be heard. Also, unlike Bella, Sookie is not completely useless. In fact, she's already saved Bill's hide a couple times. And though Bill is absolutely smitten he's not a creepy stalker, nor is he doing anything to isolate Sookie from her friends and family. Also, the vampires are not the least bit secretive about who and what they are. In fact, they're a rather fascinating allegory for the GLBT community and other minorities.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Thu 05 May , 2011 2:00 pm

I think the reason I like "Buffy" best of all the vampire shows I've seen is not only the awesome writing, but the fact that she does most of the rescuing. She almost never does something so stupid that she needs to be rescued herself. It also occasionally contains the element of vampire/human romance, but not in the creepy Twilight way. You'd probably love that show, River.

True Blood the TV show is fascinating in a sordid sort of way, but I doubt I'll ever rewatch the series after having read the books. The differences are too jarring. I've re-watched the Buffy series at least once a year since I first saw it. That's just a place my mind doesn't mind going over and over again. :) I guess I have a weakness for strong female characters and great story telling.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Thu 05 May , 2011 2:44 pm
Best friends forever

The whole vampire thing leaves me absolutely unmoved or just moved to annoyance. I just do not get it.

My husband liked Buffy. I couldn't even stand being in the room when it was on.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: