board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Post Reply   Page 6 of 6  [ 108 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Re: Avatar
Posted: Mon 25 Jan , 2010 1:10 pm

Well you called it Lidless. :toast:

Looks like 2 million is going to be accomplished rather quickly also.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Tue 26 Jan , 2010 7:35 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

I wasn't even close. USD 2.6bn worldwide is now a pure gut-feel new estimate, rather than a more scientific approach.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Tue 02 Feb , 2010 6:12 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

And today, Tuesday, it will overtake Titanic domestically.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Tue 02 Feb , 2010 5:33 pm

and racked up nine AA nominations including Best Film. Not bad for a Tuesday.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
eärendil
Posted: Mon 15 Feb , 2010 5:26 am
citoyenne du monde

I finally saw that movie yesterday and I actually purchased the tickets on Friday because it is being sold out every day here in Toronto.

We saw it in 3D IMax for better measure. As far as I am concerned I don't like 3D, gives me nausea. When I finally got used to it about halfway through the movie it felt like the regular 2D to me... maybe slightly clearer around the edges but not that exciting. I guess it is only 3D to prevent pirate copies :roll:.

Now the movie itself I enjoyed a lot; it may not be the most original scenario (a little bit to Pocahontas-ish but well) but I loved the images, the rendering of the story and I was touched. I am an easy audience mind you but I was entertained, blown away by some of the images that they found and even got a tear in my eyes at a few moments. I guess I could not ask for much more he ;)

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 14 Aug , 2010 1:32 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Avatar: abbreviated lolcat version.

My dad plays this one a lot, sometimes twice in a day. :? It looks nice, and I appreciate that Neytiri is an uncompromisingly fierce warrior (all the female characters possess strength of body and spirit, actually), but the plot is so beyond basic that my heart is never truly in it. I like some of the actors and most of the performances, but they're not given anything I haven't seen a thousand times before. The music is lovely and Leona Lewis has a stunning voice, but the theme song they give her is just another rip-off of My Heart Will Go On. I know why I should like it all, but when all is said and done, I just don't care. They spent a hell of a lot of money on something I probably should have cared about. :neutral:

I hope the sequel spends more time on the ocean tribe so we can get some neat sea creature designs!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 28 Aug , 2010 4:14 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

This is so funny!!

Also, the artwork reminds me of South Park, and the humor was similar to Family Guy (minus the obnoxiousness). :)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Wed 01 Sep , 2010 4:14 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

Get ready to get your laugh on!

Hit up sequentialpicures.com and check out the Predator and Dark Crystal redubs as well.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 6  [ 108 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to: