board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
TWT
Post subject: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Posted: Tue 10 Aug , 2010 2:42 pm
Wembley bound

A couple weeks ago I went to the premier of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I had no idea what it was about, I just had free tickets. :D Turns out this movie was great! I think it's Michael Cera's best movie yet, better than Juno even. It is rediculously crazy, but also just as funny. A lot of well known people turn up in this movie and yet it retains a great deal of charm from all the actors no one knows or who aren't at the pinnacle of hollywood.

Oh, and its set in Toronto which surprised me and which I also quite liked! :)

Trust me, just watch it at some point. I think it opens up this weekend.

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject: Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Posted: Thu 12 Aug , 2010 9:32 pm

I have no doubt that this movie is amazing. It looks great, and hello, it's an Edgar Wright movie. The man is a genius, and I trust him completely. Can't wait to see the movie.

...But I will have to, 'cause it hits Norwegian theaters in October. And I won't be anywhere near a cinema before December. :(

To make matters even worse, it turns out that Edgar Wright is coming to Norway in ten days, to show Scott Pilgrim at the Haugesund Film Festival. And I can't go. I have a huge crush on him, and I am now officially heartbroken. :bawl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Sun 22 Aug , 2010 12:13 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I saw this last Saturday and loved it. It was geek chic and I wasn't disapointed since there was such HUGE build up to its release here in the States. I haven't read the comic and probably won't since it seems to be in Manga form (that's all I could find). You'll notice the Scott Pilgrim reference in Kick Ass another really radtacular movie.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Thu 26 Aug , 2010 3:27 am
Wembley bound

I'm not starting a new thread for this, but I saw Youth in Revolt the other night. It was really good. I really like Michael Cera movies.

Myfavorite line had to be "I'm not going anywhere, not until you stick your filthy dick in this tomato." There was no tomato, it was metaphorical. :P

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: