Post Reply   Page 1 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 591 »
Farawen
Post subject: Getting LOST
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 2:14 pm
Far out

We definitely need a Lost thread on here, folks. :mrgreen:

New ep next week, w00t!!1

Last edited by Farawen on Fri 11 Feb , 2005 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 5:02 pm
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Any idea who it'll revolve around?

I'd like another Locke ep, actually...

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 5:19 pm
That Weird American

Woo! Lost!

I think all bets are off for this one, folks...from what I can remember of the preview there's no particular focus on any one character...and you can usually tell who they'll focus on.

However, I'll call it as being about Jack.

In an unrelated subject...anyone think that polar bear that showed up in the last new episode came there 'cause the boy saw a picture of a polar bear in that comic his dad burned?

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 11:38 pm
Let the dice fly.

I think it's about time that we had a Hurley episode...seriously, isn't he the only main character whose past we have no clue about?

I'd also like to see Jin and Sun's story from Jin's point of view.

But as long as it isn't more Kate or Jack, I'll be happy.

Guru, I think there's definitely something weird going on with Walt...both time polar bears have appeared on the show, it's been after he was looking at them in that comic...coincidence? Also, I can't decide if the last bear looked so odd because the cgi was really horribly bad or because Walt was 'creating' it from his mind...I hope it's something like the latter, because otherwise those were the worst fx that I've seen in a long time. :LMAO:

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Feb , 2005 11:49 pm
Far out

According to Lost-media.com, 1x15 is a Charlie ep.

(NOTE: Link slightly spoilery, short ep summary.)

And they have pics too. A wet Sayid. Oh Gawd, I'm so screwed.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Feb , 2005 1:19 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Is this new episode the one who's preview showed Ethan choking Charlie?

I have seen so few episodes that I get confused. :( Was talking to Rebecca tonight and she has all the episodes on her computer and was gonna try sending them to me, which would be just awesome. Until then, I'd look over at TelevisionWithoutPity, but I'm currently boning up on the Desperate Housewives eps. :mrgreen:

I missed last Wednesday's repeat, though. Clearly I'm not making this any easier on myself. It was the Claire one, too. :bawl:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Feb , 2005 1:27 am
That Weird American

No spoilers, please!

Still wondering about Hurley...since there were early leaks that one of the main characters was from the island...and I'm not sure Ethan qualifies...

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Giliath
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Feb , 2005 8:56 pm

Oooh a Lost thread!

Lost is proving itself to be the best thing on television at the moment. Quite frankly I was losing faith. It nice to have a show that I actually want to follow intensely again. I haven't had anything like it since The X-files.

I'm really looking forward to this weeks episode, first because of the couple of repeat weeks and more importantly because of that body bag being drawn back at the end of the preview. I'm pretty sure I know who it CAN'T be, but I'm still tingling to know who it will be. which brings me to a question: are we keeping this thread spoiler free? Spoilers with tags? Just curious as to what others would like.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Feb , 2005 9:29 pm
Milk and kisses

OK, I'll bite. What's Lost? I've never seen it... I don't think it's being shown on terrestrial UK TV right now.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Giliath
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Feb , 2005 10:18 pm

Lost is a new television show created by JJ Abrams (the creator of Alias and Felicity) and Damon Lindelof. The plot centres around the 48 survivors of a plane crash on a small island somewhere in the South Pacific. The island itself is surrounded by a whole slew of mysterious happenings, which amongst other things includes a "monster" that has never really been identified, never fully seen by anyone save one of the more mysterious survivors.

The structure of the show itself is rather clever in that in each episode a different character is focused on and events prior to them boarding the plane are shown n flashbacks in addition to what is happening on the island. There are about 2 dozen central characters: Kate (Evangeline Lilly), Charlie (Dominic Monaghan), Hurley (Jorge Garcia), Sayid (Naveen Andrews), Jin (Daniel Dae Kim), Sun (Yunjin Kim), Sawyer (Josh Holloway), Michael (Harold Perrineau), Walt (Malcolm David Kelley), Locke (Terry O'Quinn), Shannon (Maggie Grace), Boone (Ian Somerhalder), and the top runner for lead character Jack (Matthew Fox).

All in all it is a very well done show in every respect. Well shot, well written, well acted and very engaging. If it's not broadcast where you live it can be downloaded depending on your ethics regarding acquiring shows off the internet.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Feb , 2005 10:36 pm
Milk and kisses

Ohh sounds interesting. :) Thanks Giliath! I'll keep an eye on it being shown over here.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 12:44 am
Let the dice fly.

Guru, I had thought that Ethan was the character those early rumors were about, but now you're making me wonder...

In any case, I want more Hurley! Love that guy...this show needs its comic relief.

Though Charlie is good too. And a wet Sayid? I am so there. :mrgreen:

Giliath, I'm trying to stay spoiler-free for this show (very difficult for me, as I'm usually quite a spoiler whore ;) ) so I'd appreciate it if spoilers here were at least tagged.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 12:37 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Yes Ber. Do yourself a favour and get Lost.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Giliath
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 3:14 pm

"Getting LOST - Please mark spoilers :)"
But everyone seems to be staying away from them so there's no point in me posting any! ;)

Perosnally I'm keeping a nice even spoiler level for Lost. Not enough to ruin it, but just enough to assure myself that characters I like aren't going to get eaten, or fall off a cliff (sure sign of death), or drowned, or kidnapped.....

If you haven't yet, check out The Fuselage. It's a good Lost board in general, but you can also ask questions of the cast and crew.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 5:19 pm
b77 whipping boy

Lost is great. I have no idea who's going to be in that body bag...

I don't even believe the creators when they say anyone is safe anymore...

I fully expect shock...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 8:10 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Berhael wrote:
Ohh sounds interesting. :) Thanks Giliath! I'll keep an eye on it being shown over here.
I think it will be out on DVD first Ber, like 4400 etc. I am waiting for it too, the bits I have read about it make it sound fabulous.

Roll on the DVD is all I can add...... po'ed

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:15 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I'll say it, too - I need to watch the season from start to finish. :Q

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Giliath
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 10:00 pm

Well halplm I least know who it can't be.

Spoilers
Lock, Boone, and possibly Jin are carrying the bag and we can see the back of Charlie's head looking at it before the shot of Kate looking distressed. So, it can't be any of them. Jack and Sawyer are missing. Both are in/around the scuffle with Ethan, but I'm pretty damn sure they wouldn't kill Jack off so soon (though I don't trust that he is safe) and Sawyer has an episode coming up. Hurley does as well so it can't be him either. Killing off Ethan would be disappointing since he's making a good villain. Claire though...
I was thinking it's probably going to be no one of any significance, but that dosen't seen like a Lost thing to do. ;)
/Spoilers

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 12:04 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Very disappointed that I didn't keep up with this show. I watched the first two episodes but then I started working on Wednesday nights and lost track. :(

At least I still have Alias. *sigh*

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Feb , 2005 5:52 pm
Far out

OMGLOST.

Homecoming... my guess is the Claire that came back is not the same Claire that was abducted...

Okay, who else was surprised that she is still pregnant? I must admit I'm kinda worried as to who or what exactly she'll give birth to now. :Q

Locke creeps me out. I love him, but he creeps me out. I always get the impression that he knows so much more than he says he knows. He was scared of Ethan. Not "scared" like the others, as in "lunatic is going to kill people", but rather as in "Ethan = True Evil" or something.

Oh, and we need more eps with wet Sayid. And wet Sawyer. Yum.

In conclusion: No questions answered.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 591 »
Jump to: