board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web
It is currently Thu 24 May , 2018 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar , 2014 3:40 pm 
Sharpe-sighted

Anyone who has seen this before?

I have a ticket for tomorrow evening - The Two Towers on Screen, while the score is played by the MunichSymphonic Orchestra.

link: howardshore.com

My friend, who will come with me, has seen Fellowship that way and was absolutely excited about it. So she said, it was a must-see.

As expected, my husband doesn't understand how I can spend 76 Euros just for watching a movie - not even in 3D. ( I don't know why I married him.... :P )

I'm so looking forward to it. :horse:

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar , 2014 3:44 pm 
of Vinyamar

You'll love it! Particularly the score for TTT which is epic.

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar , 2014 5:17 pm 
A green apple painted red

I went to the one for FOTR and it was great. The more musically aware people raved about the nuances that were lost on me, but even I was impressed.

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar , 2014 10:16 pm 
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Oh, I would love that opportunity! Enjoy it for me, and then come back and tell us how it was! :Wooper:

PostPosted: Wed 05 Mar , 2014 8:03 am 
Sharpe-sighted

one word: EPIC

It was so great.

I've seen that movie now for the umphtienth time - and yesterday evening there was music I've never heard before :)

The movie was in english with german subtitles, but the voices were not turned up, so the music, which is usually in the background, came forward as a huge symphony.

And there are really very few scenes without music. It was great to see the metal clashing come to live, whenever the orc-theme was played.
The Rohan theme lead by a single violin was so lovely.

I can't even say which part I liked best, as everything was so awesome. But really outstanding was a young boy from the Prague children's choir, who did the high vocal voice - e.g. in the scene when Gandalf and Eomer charge at Helms Deep. :horse:

They had a young woman who sang the elvish part - in the scene where Brego wakes Aragorn - and she also sang Gollum's song at the end. Well, it wasn't Emilia Torrini, but she came rather close :)

The musicians weren't from Munich - these had done FotR last year - but yesterday it was the Radio Symphony Orchestra of Pilsen (Czech Republic), led by David Reitz (from Switzerland) - he was quite exciting to watch - like : :banana:

The choirs were the Charles University Chorus from Prague - students - and a small Children's choir, also from Prague.

When the chorus did some whispering in the dead marshes, that was also a yet unheard thing for me... :scratch: I will have to watch TTT again, this time paying much more attention to the music and the things I heard yesterday for the first time.

It really was a great experience, I think it will make a difference to how I watch the movies now - And I'm definitly going and watch RotK next year. Yay! Especially as it was a special feeling to see the movie on a big screen again :swoon:

Though it was the normal version, not the extended - which is a bit awkward, after being used to watching the extended version - one always waits for something that never shows up, but one has to take what one gets ;).

(And I still don't like Faramir osgiliating... :shrug:)

PostPosted: Wed 05 Mar , 2014 3:32 pm 

Oh, that does sound awesome! I am going to have to keep my ears open for this happening anywhere around here. I would LOVE to attend!

I'm so glad it was a great experience for you. I will be happy for you and not jealous. :P

PostPosted: Thu 06 Mar , 2014 2:35 pm 
Sharpe-sighted

Mexico City on March, 20th :devil:

Well, that's the only upcoming concert on your side of the globe ..... according to howardshore.com

But these hopefully aren't USD-signs at the prices there, are they? I thought in Mexico they pay with Pesos???

link: FotR at Mexico City

I just hope for you that there'll be one on your continent. :hug:

I'm still in a great mood because of that concert - my daughter is absolutely jealous, next year she wants to come, too.

PostPosted: Fri 07 Mar , 2014 4:27 am 

I know they had some in the past, but I missed the memo. ;)

Well, if I'm taking a big trip it won't be to Mexico City.

:nono: