board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

"To Hell with this!" Ever walked out on a film?

Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 102 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 4:28 pm
Daydream Believer

I could have walked out of Hero, should have...lord what a story...or lack there of, goes to prove great visuals dont make up for lack of direction or down the toliet story.

We rented Door in the Floor and about 10 minutes in I said turn this shit off, drove back to the rental place and asked if I could get another movie...

I liked the first Matrix movie, the others are pure crap.

Of course I also think I did not like Troy much...nice eye candy yes, but the story was totally fucked up...what the hell Paris lives? Isn't the redeeming quality of Paris is he goes from being a whining whimp to a tradgic hero.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 9:35 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

Got to say, I quite liked Van Helsing. :oops:

Of course I was there under the belief that it was a spoof... :LMAO:

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Lembas Junkie
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 11:03 pm

gimli_axe_wielder wrote:
I was there. :P i watched them film it.. My friend and I came walking out of the library adn were standing on a bridge thingy talking and all of a sudden someone yelled action and a whole bunch of people started moving all around us.. oops:P a few minutes later someone came over and said.. I don't think you two are supposed to be here :P

That was fun :D:D my one and only time on a movie set ;)
That's happened to me, too! :D My best friend and I were walking through a park and gabbing away, not noticing the group of people all standing around, still as statues. Suddenly there was a call for "ACTION!" and they all started milling about, like someone pressed 'play' on the dvd.

Turns out it was for 'The Pilot's Wife'. :D

Anyways, about the actual topic of the thread! ;) The only theatre movie I can recall actually wishing I had never seen, never spent money on, just wanted to erase completely from my mind, and couldn't believe I'd wasted any time of my life watching was Natural Born Killers.

And you know how it is with a movie like this. Everyone thought it was brilliant! insightful! a real work of art! even funny! Har-dee-har. I was just plain grossed-out, and I felt sick to my tummy. :sick: Of course, I was with friends and so I waited it out. :D

And the rented movie I actually did take back after watching only three minutes was The Most Fertile Man in Ireland. I'd just moved there (to Ireland, I mean :D ) and thought "Let's see a local movie!" Sheesh! Luckily, the guy at the rental place was nice enough to let me exchange it for something much better - Amelie! :)

The Road goes ever on and on... :)

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 11:43 pm
of Vinyamar

Weird, I caught "The Most Fertile Man in Ireland" accidentally on TV and thought it was one of the funniest things I've seen. In fairness, a lot of the jokes are very "Irish" so I can't blame you for that.

In general, anything with James Nesbitt is worth watching, however bizarre it may at first appear!

Alatar

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
WampusCat
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 3:28 am

Only movie I've ever walked out on: "Gods and Generals." What a stinker! I didn't want to see it to begin with, but Mr. WampusCat thought it might be historically interesting. He was the first to suggest we flee.

Run away! Run away!

Word shaper / Soul tender / Melody maker

Profile Quote
Northerner
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 12:36 pm
Queen of the Tundra

Came very, very close with Alien because it was so intensely icky.
And Babe, Pig in the City. What a horrible film.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sassafras
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 3:55 pm
through the looking glass

Quote:
:Q

Northerner! Blasphemy!
You didn't like the singing rats?
You spurn Babe?

:bawl:

And I thought we were friends ....

Profile Quote
Northerner
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 4:17 pm
Queen of the Tundra

Sassafras wrote:
Quote:
:Q

Northerner! Blasphemy!
You didn't like the singing rats?
You spurn Babe?
:bawl:

And I thought we were friends ....

I adore Babe, but the sequel seemed very mean spirited and cruel. Totally different tone.

Can we still be friends ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Winged Balrog
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 Mar , 2005 6:50 am
Marshmallow Toaster

I thought the first babe was probably the greatest family film ever made. And although the sequel was certainly an inferior product, I still really enjoyed it! It was a little darker, but there were still some sweet moments, like when babe jumps into the water to save the dog that had been trying to kill him just a few moments earlier. :love:

[ img ]

[ img ]

It really doesn't. :neutral:

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject: Re: "To Hell with this!" Ever walked out on a film?
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 1:44 pm
Aspiring to heresy

I was looking at old threads, and I missed this the first time around!

Well, I don't think I ever walked out on a movie in the theatre, but that's only because I go so rarely, and I usually do a lot of research before I actually go to see one that the bomb quotient is very low.

One exception, though, is "Pearl Harbour". I didn't walk out, though it was eminently walkoutable. If I had walked out, I'd probably still be wondering to this day if it had any redeemable features before the end.

At least now I know. ;)

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 3:18 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

We nearly walked out of Austin Powers. :roll: We should have.

There are plenty of movies I wouldn't have seen if I'd known their plots, which is why I don't mind reading spoilers here or elsewhere. I don't want to be surprised again like Patch Adams.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 3:32 pm

We've only walked out on theater films because of technical difficulties: Once because the only seats left were too close to the screen, off to the side and it looked awful. The other time because the sound kept cutting out for minutes at a time. Both times we got our money back.

We are bad about watching things at home no matter how terrible they get. There have only been a few we've bailed on and those are few and far between. One was a real oldie called "Zombies of the Stratosphere" with Leonard Nimoy long before he got the role of Spock. It was kind of amusing, but we never got back to it after the first couple of episodes. It's been years now, and was on VHS, so we probably never will.

The other one was "Space, Above and Beyond" that we picked up last year. We watched the first episode with our son and after a while he started urging us to just QUIT! He's seen so much bad anime that he's apparently developed a pretty good "abandon film" reflex nowadays. That series is still sitting on the shelf, awaiting the right self abusive mood to come around.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 4:15 pm

At home, I can recall us shutting off The Exorcist. It was just too evil.

:scratch: I can't think of any others we've turned off. Freddy might remember.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 4:18 pm
Aspiring to heresy

*hasn't seen the Exorcist*

*or most of the movies mentioned in this thread*

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 5:12 pm

I haven't seen the Exorcist either, but then- I avoid the horror/scary genres. :spider:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Riverthalos
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 7:27 pm
bioalchemist

Never walked out of a movie theater. But I have said "Eff this" to a couple rentals. One was Treasure Island, featuring Patrick Stewart. It was done for TV. It was bad. Another was Alien vs. Predator. S and I made it about ten minutes in and had to quit. It was too stupid for words. Another was Clockers. That was S's call. I was enjoying it, but he couldn't penetrate the slang. I wanted to just walk away from Helter Skelter, not because it was bad but because Charles Manson gives me the creeps. S forced me to watch it through and the predictable nightmare followed when I went to bed that night. We've agreed I'll never watch another Charles Manson movie again. It's a shame I had to go through that to prove how much I don't like serial killers, but hey, one rough night for a lifetime of never ever feeling the slightest pressure to watch such things again is a fair trade

Interestingly, the same thing happened with 28 Days Later, minus the coercion factor. I wanted to see that one, and that turned out to be a bad idea so we've agreed that there will be no more zombie movies for River. S rents or goes to see them but I don't.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

Profile Quote
Donernilwen
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 7:31 pm
B77's Crazy Christmas Elf

I don't mind stopping movies at home at all. If I'm not enjoying myself, what's the point? I haven't walked out of a theater, but as far as movies I've paid to see, the one I remember stopping pretty quickly was Van Helsing. My brother and I had rented it and after a bit, we both were just like "yeah...this sucks...want to do something else?"
I still kind of wonder if it picked up after a while...but I'm not sure I want to risk it. :P
Anyone here like it??

Every so often I hear date stories where the girl walks out of the theater all offended at the movie her date took her too and I have to :roll: . One of these particular ones I'm thinking of was a double date my friend was on and the other girl, who she didn't know, walked out of Across the Universe. :Q Moron.

I'm with lalaith, just doing a bit of research like watching the trailer generally prepares you enough to know what's going on. :P

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 8:29 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Oh, that reminds me - I wanna see Across the Universe, because apparently it's all about me :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Thu 28 May , 2009 8:31 pm

You know, Don, I did rather like Van Helsing. I thought it was rather spoofy, and I can remember thinking, "Is it supposed to be a spoof?" :scratch: I never did quite figure it out, but there were some memorable lines in it. (There's one where it looks like the main female character is about to be killed, but the killer starts the typical "I am about to kill you! Mwahahaha!" speech. She just killed the bad guy (girl?) right in the middle of the speech and then said something kind of like, "Don't give the speech. Just kill the person you're after." :LMAO: It cracked me up!)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Posted: Sat 30 May , 2009 10:48 am
A song outlasts a dynasty.

I walked out of 'Kong' the second time, because I was falling asleep...

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 102 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: