board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Temp Admins and votes on a new one...

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
Leoba
Post subject: Temp Admins and votes on a new one...
Posted: Wed 16 Mar , 2005 8:20 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

These are two points we need to deal with in the next week, so I figured we might as well deal in the same thread.

1) Do we still need to keep Alandriel and Eruname run ragged as temporary admins? My feeling is that, with Berhael and Griff back on the case and the general workload under control, we can safely restore normal posting to Alandriel and Eru this week. I was thinking possibly Friday? :)

2) Griff's term of office finishes around the end of March, so we need to set a new vote running. Any volunteers to orchestrate that. :P

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Mar , 2005 9:57 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

you gonna take my powa's away........... :Q

yes please! :D

As to upcoming replacement for Griff - I think we can run that from the existing pool of volunteers as in Board Admin rotation. I'll double check with those who have volunteered (sending out some PMs ;) ) and see who's still interested. Do we have a 'rough' date (not that I want to kick Griff out :Q oh no! But as you know, these kind of things need some planning up ahead ;)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Mar , 2005 10:11 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

According to this thread, Griff's dates are Dec. 15 2004 to March 31, 2005.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Mar , 2005 10:29 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

:D Thanks! Got that and have updated the Admin rotation thread accordingly. PMs are on their way out and read (minus the personal greeting)
Quote:
I have your name listed as volunteer for admin. See first post in Admin rotation
Very soon a replacement for Griffon is forthcoming (approx. end of March) for a term of 3 months. Are you still up for that?

Before you answer that please have a look in Proposed Admin code of conduct which of course is not a final document atm, only recommendations and still under discussion. Thing is, as the board has grown and so much has happened during the past few weeks, the committment of an Admin has somewhat become 'more serious'.

Please consider and get back to me as soon as you can, and I do hope you'd be willing to accept and take the 'challenge'. :)
Will update the thread according to what I hear back :)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 16 Mar , 2005 4:32 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I want to stay on until Terlis's invitation is done with. His thread isn't up until Friday night, so that means being around until Saturday sometime. Also I wanted to help out and split the Silmarillion thread. Will try to do that soon.

I think we should let other people volunteer to run if they'd like. It's been quite a while since that's been done, no?

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 7:13 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Many PMs have been answered and positively so :D Info is updated in the Board 77 admin rotation thread.

You're right Eruname, it would be nice to see more people volunteer and they can do that in that thread. I'll tweak the title just a bit to make this clearer perhaps.

On thing I wanted your advise on once we get to start the poll thread for Griff's replacement. I would like to see each nominee/volunteer give a short statement about themselves. Sort of like I had proposed in 'How Alandriel ticks'. Of course that would be voluntary, but with so many new folks aboard, not everybody knows everbody anymore ;) and it would also give the current active Admin an idea.
What you think? Would that be too much to ask for?

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 8:39 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Saturday it is then.

Although, re Terlis' thread I noticed that Pips actually knows him reasonably well and has offered to take on sponsorship (which does kind of make sense to be honest), and as it doesn't need an admin to actually send an invite, there's really no need to feel obliged!

Alandriel, that's a good idea - suggesting that each nominee writes something about themselves. Anything that helps people consciously break the mould of only voting for their friends has to be good! It's not too much to ask at all.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 9:51 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

:) I hoped you'd say that... I mean, all we can do is ask, aye? ;)

Just had a look at the calendar. Griff's replacement thread should go up on Monday, poll to be added Wednesday 23rd and allowed to run till 31st (or there-abouts ;) ) Now since I'm in-communicando ex 25th March (and will hopefully be rid of Adminhood by Saturday anyways :D ) can you Leoba take care of Griff's replacement thread (putting it up etc.) and update info as necessary in the Admin replacement thread? :halo:
Since I've PMed the volunteers already anyways, I won't mind sending another PM to them to get them 'thinking' re putting some info in the thread. To keep it nice and neat, I would suggest the volunteers PM you Leoba and you can put that info then into the first post when you start the thread.

The 31st March is a Thursday, so I'd say whoever get's voted in will take over as of the following Monday - just a suggestion of course. If you prefer to stick by the date, I won't argue ;)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 3:55 pm

Leoba wrote:
Saturday it is then.

Although, re Terlis' thread I noticed that Pips actually knows him reasonably well and has offered to take on sponsorship (which does kind of make sense to be honest), and as it doesn't need an admin to actually send an invite, there's really no need to feel obliged!
You seem to want me gone Leoba. Don't worry. Just a few more days. ;)

I've been corresponding with Terlis through several emails so I would like to wrap that up myself. His registration will still require an admin to send out an email saying he's been approved and I would like to do that considering the amount of contacting I've done with him.

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 4:11 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Eruname wrote:
You seem to want me gone Leoba. Don't worry. Just a few more days. ;)
Of course I do. Same as I want Alandriel out of here. Otherwise we end up with temp admin sticking around forever and it makes a mockery of the set-term thingy. ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 9:32 pm

Then I deeply apologize for my additional help! It was not my intention to make a mockery out of the system!

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 10:49 pm
Milk and kisses

If I may stick my foot on this... I think that Leoba wants you out of here only as long as it stresses you and takes the enjoyment of posting out of your time online, Eru. Or at least that's how I interpret her comment. You're being incredibly helpful above and beyond the call of duty; nobody can turn that into a criticism.

Please don't fight, and don't be upset, both of you. You're both doing a fabuous job. :)

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 6:14 am

I'm sorry Ber, but I don't totally get that vibe. But it's okay, it's all nearly over with. Just about one and a half days to go! :cheerleader:

abandon yourself.

-Ryokan

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Mar , 2005 8:18 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Don't be daft, Eruname. :) You most certainly shouldn't be apologising for all the work you've put in; this place would have sunk without it.

Berhael - of course I don't want to see anyone stressed beyond need, but that's not what I was saying here at all. ;):P I understood the temporary admin thing to be just that - temporary - and as the workload has dropped and we have the other four admins round and about, the need seems to have passed. It strikes me as important to ensure we don't just carry on ad infinitem.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 8:16 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

Okies.... as per discussion Leoba will take over from me during my absence. Thanks :)

My last update is: Peeg has informed me via PM she'd like to be removed from the list due to RL pressures of school and family. The first post is ammended accordingly.

To all other volunteers the last PM has gone out reading (minus the greeting):
Quote:
Thanks again for confirming your volunteering. :)

As you well know, the board has grown tremendously during the past few weeks. So much so that not everybody knows everybody anymore. The Admins at large have found it a good idea to post some more personal information about themselves in the thread Admin code of conduct - discussion. I'm aware of the fact that currently only my information is visible there. The other Admins will post their information there shortly and I hope that will make a good reference for you.

We'd like to ask (it's voluntary of course) all current volunteers to come up with a short description of themselves as they see fit and to include a statement re their country and timezone (e.g. GMT +/- xh).
This is to help the voters in their decisions to vote.

In the future the current system of public vote to replace an Admin might change (under discussion in the Constitutional panel -> see Jury room) but for now we'll have to stick to the rules as we've established them.

Please send your information to Leoba via PM who will include it in the first post of the upcoming replacement thread for Griffon. That thread most probably will go up on Monday 21st March.

I am offline due to holidays from 25Mar - 05Apr.

Thanks again for your willingness to volunteer your time and efforts. It is most appreciated :)
They'll be in touch directly with you Leoba :)

And please, to ALL Admins, do post your info over at the Admin code of conduct discussion thread as soon as possible. Much appreciated :)

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 Mar , 2005 2:19 pm
Garrulous Griffon

Eruname, seeing as Terlis have registered now, I've upgraded you to the rank of normal poster, instead of worker bee like us Admins are :D Enjoy the freedom!

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 Mar , 2005 9:31 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

In case you hadn't noticed, just a heads-up that I've started the poll for Gruffy's replacement, in the Business forum.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest”
Jump to: