board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Impenitent

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Berhael
Post subject: Impenitent
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 10:50 am
Milk and kisses

As per her request I've removed her permissions to see all fora temporarily, but I've left her access to the Business Room where her thread requesting a ban is. I haven't banned her because I dislike the procedure, but mainly because I don't know how to do a temp ban without risking deleting her permanently or something. Feel free to correct my action and post after me in that thread, if you know how to do a temp ban.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 11:48 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

I have always presumed that one would enact a ban by going into 'Ban Control' in the admin control panel. There's an 'unban' option in there as well.

However, as you know from my posts in the Business Room, I disagree with any policy of banning/removing permissions of posters upon their request. I refused Demo the same the other day. ;)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 12:18 pm
Milk and kisses

I don't agree either, but it was Imp's request and she was upset about it... so I thought that this solution would be a good compromise. I've received a thank you message from her. I'm confident that she'll be back to discuss matters more calmly when things have settled down a bit, and I still think that perhaps we could have an arbitration process between her and Farawen; I would call it, in fact, since I think that there have been accusations flung that don't comply with our proclaimed aim of being courteous with all members. But I'll wait until the current arbitration with Wilko takes place, so that I see how it works. In fact I'm finishing the email I'm sending to all the jurors for that one.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 12:23 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

:hug:

If there's a willingness to try and sort this through arbitration then that would be marvellous. At this rate we're going to spend half our posting time tangled in 'law'. :LMAO:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 23 Mar , 2005 3:14 pm
Milk and kisses

Yeah... but I sort of like these things, if I have the time and energy. :D

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 24 Mar , 2005 11:33 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I ban Steve every day when he's at work ;) at his request. Just go to the user list, click on the user, go to management, go all the way down to the bottom, and click "No" for the "Active User" section. It's not permanent, restricts access to the boards, and is reversible in about 1 second.

All that said, I don't like this trend of people asking to be pretty much permanently banned. The thread I started was a complete joke - wasn't going to ban anyone, especially cause I didn't think anyone would take me seriously, and now it seems this banning thing is turning epidemic :( I mean, I needed some time off from the boards this week, and I took it - no problem. Asking to be banned seems so... dramatic.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest”
Jump to: