The Last Homely Site on the Web

Third Article, Third Paragraph: voting done

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 55 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 1:50 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I start to be afraid of a few things: that the document is becoming too long and too complicated....

I had to reread this section several times before capturing the differentes subtilities between the proposed options - now I know, not all members will have to weigh the options, but I am afraid we will get to something very complicated.

At last I have a question: would it be possible to find a middle option between A and B of the last question. I think that neither going to the bottom of the list, nor staying at the top should be the only possible solution - sometimes a person may decline because of being busy or absent for a longer foreseeable time during the next term. Could the declining candidate not indicate when he or she thinks that serving as an admin would be easiest for him/her in the next terms?

(I can't now - but put me on the list for the term starting in three months...)

Or does option C cover this?

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 1:51 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

I guess my only concern/question is the language regarding trainees/Jr Admin.
The question seems to me to be a bit out of kilter.
Can't it just be "approval of the membership" or "chosen from a list of volunteers"? I guess I am saying that maybe there needs to be another option, because I am in favor of admins volunteering and new admins being selected from a list. The way answer A is written, a poster would still need approval from the admins.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 3:08 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Thanks, Holby. I added your option.

You can start voting now, folks.

Paste the ballot into your post and indicate your preferences. :)

I have not heard back from Farawen yet, but it usually takes at least 36 hours for everyone to vote, so if I haven't heard from her by then, I will assume she is still on vacation. With Farawen, there are 19 people voting. Without her, 18.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 3:18 pm

STAGE ONE: After eligibility requirements have been met, deciding which members go on to the roster for admins.

Question 1: Putting eligible members on to the roster for admins - this question only concerns who will be responsible for keeping track of when eligibility requirements have been fulfilled.

#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

Question 2: How mandatory is public service on this board?

#1= C
#2= B
#3= D
#4= A

Question 3: Who will decide when a ‘junior admin’ is ready to be a full admin?

#1= C
#2= B
#3= A

STAGE TWO: Once a person is in the pool of admins

Question 4: At what point do admins serve their term?

#1= C
#2= A
#3= B

Last edited by Voronwë_the_Faithful on Wed 06 Apr , 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 3:32 pm

Question 1:
#1= A
#2= C
#3= B

Question 2:
#1= C
#2= D
#3= B
#4= A

Question 3:
#1= B
#2= A
#3= C

Question 4:
#1= A
#2= C
#3= B

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 3:48 pm
Living in hope

Question 1:
#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

Question 2:
#1= C
#2= A
#3= B
#4= D

Question 3:
#1= B
#2= A
#3= C

Question 4:
#1= A
#2= C
#3= B

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 5:09 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Question 1:
#1 = C
#2 = A
#3 = B

Question 2:
#1=D
#2=C
#3=B
#4=A

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

#1=A
#2=C
#3=B

Jny: do you want me to count manually again or do you and someone (or two/three someones) have it covered? Just trying to save myself a whole lot of trouble :halo: and thanks for the welcome back :D

Edited and corrected (and now done) because Nin kindly pointed out I did not know my ABC's :oops:

Last edited by *Alandriel* on Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 6:11 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

BALLOT

STAGE ONE: After eligibility requirements have been met, deciding which members go on to the roster for admins.

Question 1: Putting eligible members on to the roster for admins - this question only concerns who will be responsible for keeping track of when eligibility requirements have been fulfilled.

A. We will create a mayor’s office, and the mayor will be responsible for keeping track of join dates, sending out emails to notify members when they become eligible, asking them if they are willing to serve as admins, and putting their name onto the list of trainees if they are willing. A willing member will automatically go into training once other eligibility requirements are met (those from Article 2, ¶2) How the mayor will be chosen and what that person’s other duties are would be decided later.

B. We will create a selection committee which will be responsible for keeping track of join dates, observing the behavior of members on the board, and deciding who would be a suitable admin. Not all members who are otherwise eligible will be approved necessarily. When a member is approved by the committee, the committee will send an email to notify the member, and if the member is willing to train as an admin their name will go on to the roster and they will complete their other training requirements (those from Article 2, ¶2). How the selection committee will be chosen would be decided later.

C. The current full admins will be responsible for keeping track of join dates, sending out emails to notify members when they become eligible, asking them if they are willing to serve as admins, and putting their name onto the list of trainees if the member is willing. No additional offices or committees have to be created, but keeping track of eligibility would be added to the duties of admins.

Please Rank your preferences, with #1 being most preferred.
#1= C
#2= A
#3= B

A. Serving as an admin should be mandatory
B. Serving as an admin should be mandatory except under certain circumstances specified by the charter Those circumstances would be determined later.
C. Serving in either the pool of admins or the jury pool should be mandatory
D. Neither serving in the pool of admins nor serving in the jury pool should be mandatory, and an admin or jury member can withdraw their name from the pool if they wish.

#1= D
#2= B
#3= C
#4= A

A. The trainee will decide for him/herself.

B. The approval of the full admin who coached them, with the agreement of the trainee, will be sufficient.

C. All trainees will stand for an up/down vote of the membership We will decide how to structure this vote only if the vote is desired by the majority.

Please Rank your preferences, with #1 being most preferred
#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

A. They serve a term of office in the order they entered the pool, unless some reason prevents them from doing this, in which case they remain ‘next on the list’ until circumstances allow them to serve.

B. They serve a term of office in the order they entered the pool, unless some reason prevents them from doing this, in which case they go to the bottom of the list and their name does not come up again until everyone else has served.

C. Current admins and admins in the pool decide together who will serve next. Since we know when each term begins and ends, those in the admin pool could conceivably schedule who would serve each term a whole year in advance. Admins in the pool should be allowed to ‘team up’ and serve together with those whom they choose.

#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 6:12 pm

Alandriel,

we did one vote while you were away and I counted it myself. I think Faramond keeps track on his own as well.

I do maintain a copy of both the actual vote submitted by each person, and the vote tally which is done on a spreadsheet, so we can always do a recount if anyone wants this. And then the thread is still around, too.

You're welcome to keep count, but I don't think it is strictly necessary.

Jn

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 7:46 pm
Not so deep as a well

#1=A
#2=B
#3=C

#1=C
#2=B
#3=A
#4=D

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:03 pm

Nin, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to ignore your earlier question.

Actually, Option A would cover what you are talking about. When it became that person's turn, if they couldn't serve right away, they are 'up' so to speak until they can serve. So if they said at that point, "next summer," then that is when they would serve.

Under Option B, as I understand it, they couldn't do that. They would go to the bottom of the list. So we would have to "get lucky" with a person's turn coming up exactly when they could serve the term.

Option C gives the most discretion of all, which would allow someone to serve way before their turn was up, for example, in order to serve together with friends. Order would play not role here.

Jn

Profile Quote
Silwen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:07 pm
DomiKNITrix

BALLOT

#1= A
#2= C
#3= B

#1= D
#2= B
#3= C
#4= A

#1= B
#2= A
#3= C

#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:11 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Alandriel, you may want to edit question #3. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:54 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Thank you Jny, I voted in consequence. Leoba is out of reach for three days.... I'm not sure when she will be back.

Question 1

#1=C
#2=B
#3=A

#1=D
#2=B
#3=A
#4=C

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

#1=A
#2=C
#3=B

Last edited by Nin on Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 8:54 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

I just did..... Thanks for telling me also here Holby.
Nin kindly pointed out on IM that I don't know my ABC's :oops: :oops:

:LMAO: actually :bawl: sad but true ;)

Okies Jny, I'm glad you've got it wrapped. My time is still somewhat limited till 12th April and getting my brains back into gear doing weird math might not be entirely wholesome ;)

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Apr , 2005 10:02 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Sorry Viv, I should have used a bit more tact. Nin was right doing it via IM. :oops:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 12:19 am

#1=C
#2=A
#3=B

#1=D
#2=C
#3=B
#4=A

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

#1=A
#2=B
#3=C

Profile Quote
Faramond
Post subject: Re: Second Article, Third Paragraph: Now voting
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 1:36 am
Digger

BALLOT

A. We will create a mayor’s office, and the mayor will be responsible for keeping track of join dates, sending out emails to notify members when they become eligible, asking them if they are willing to serve as admins, and putting their name onto the list of trainees if they are willing. A willing member will automatically go into training once other eligibility requirements are met (those from Article 2, ¶2) How the mayor will be chosen and what that person’s other duties are would be decided later.

B. We will create a selection committee which will be responsible for keeping track of join dates, observing the behavior of members on the board, and deciding who would be a suitable admin. Not all members who are otherwise eligible will be approved necessarily. When a member is approved by the committee, the committee will send an email to notify the member, and if the member is willing to train as an admin their name will go on to the roster and they will complete their other training requirements (those from Article 2, ¶2). How the selection committee will be chosen would be decided later.

C. The current full admins will be responsible for keeping track of join dates, sending out emails to notify members when they become eligible, asking them if they are willing to serve as admins, and putting their name onto the list of trainees if the member is willing. No additional offices or committees have to be created, but keeping track of eligibility would be added to the duties of admins.

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

A. Serving as an admin should be mandatory
B. Serving as an admin should be mandatory except under certain circumstances specified by the charter Those circumstances would be determined later.
C. Serving in either the pool of admins or the jury pool should be mandatory
D. Neither serving in the pool of admins nor serving in the jury pool should be mandatory, and an admin or jury member can withdraw their name from the pool if they wish.

#1=C
#2=D
#3=B
#4=A

A. The trainee will decide for him/herself.

B. The approval of the full admin who coached them, with the agreement of the trainee, will be sufficient.

C. All trainees will stand for an up/down vote of the membership We will decide how to structure this vote only if the vote is desired by the majority.

#1=A
#2=B
#3=C

A. They serve a term of office in the order they entered the pool, unless some reason prevents them from doing this, in which case they remain ‘next on the list’ until circumstances allow them to serve.

B. They serve a term of office in the order they entered the pool, unless some reason prevents them from doing this, in which case they go to the bottom of the list and their name does not come up again until everyone else has served.

C. Current admins and admins in the pool decide together who will serve next. Since we know when each term begins and ends, those in the admin pool could conceivably schedule who would serve each term a whole year in advance. Admins in the pool should be allowed to ‘team up’ and serve together with those whom they choose.

#1=A
#2=B
#3=C

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 2:30 am

Nin, thanks for letting me know about Leoba.

Jn

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 4:11 am
Garrulous Griffon

#1=C
#2=B
#3=A

#1=B
#2=C
#3=D
#4=A

#1=C
#2=B
#3=A

#1=A
#2=B
#3=C

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 55 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: