The Last Homely Site on the Web

Third Article, Third Paragraph: voting done

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 55 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 5:12 am
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

STAGE ONE: After eligibility requirements have been met, deciding which members go on to the roster for admins.

Question 1:

#1=A
#2=B
#3=C

Question 2: How mandatory is public service on this board?

#1=D
#2=C
#3=B
#4=A

Question 3: Who will decide when a ‘junior admin’ is ready to be a full admin?

#1=B
#2=A
#3=C

STAGE TWO: Once a person is in the pool of admins

Question 4: At what point do admins serve their term?

#1=C
#2=A
#3=B

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 10:39 am
of Vinyamar

Question 1:

#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

#1= D
#2= C
#3= B
#4= A

#1= B
#2= C
#3= A

#1= C
#2= A
#3= B

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Apr , 2005 3:36 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Question 1:
#1=C
#2=A
#3= B

Question 2:
#1=C
#2=D
#3=B
#4= A

Question 3:
#1=C
#2=B
#3= A

Question 4
#1=C
#2=B
#3=A

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Apr , 2005 11:33 am
WYSIWYG

Question 1: Putting eligible members on to the roster for admins - this question only concerns who will be responsible for keeping track of when eligibility requirements have been fulfilled.

Please Rank your preferences, with #1 being most preferred.
#1= C
#2= A
#3= B

#1= D
#2= B
#3= C
#4= A

Please Rank your preferences, with #1 being most preferred
#1= B
#2= C
#3= A

STAGE TWO: Once a person is in the pool of admins

#1= A
#2= B
#3= C

(Sorry about the delay - I'm still very unsure of most of the things I've now decided on, wondering whether I shouldn't rather have abstained, but felt that wouldn't be right either.)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 2:58 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

Dear friends,

I am taking the unusual measure of closing this vote at this time.

We have some stragglers who have not notified me that they are not voting, but who cannot be reached after multiple efforts on my part to do so and they have not voted yet. The ballot was discussed for three days and vote has been up for more than two and one-half days. Since none of the absent people appeared during that time, I must presume that whoever has not yet voted is unable or unwilling to do so.

Thanks to all of you who voted promptly - most of you always do. I am going to propose a tightening of the voting schedule as well before going to bed tonight because the member dismay over the length of time this is taking needs to be taken into account.

We had a total of fifteen votes: these are the results, and I will try to draft phrasing before I go to bed tonight and place it in the first post of this thread. Since the article itself will be phrased slightly differently than the ballot was, of necessity, I want to make sure that there are no objections to or misunderstandings associated with the phrasing I have chosen.

Question 1:
A=8
C=7
We will elect a mayor to do the scheduling. How that person is elected and what their other duties are will be decided later.

Question 2:
D = 8
C = 7
Neither admin service nor jury service will be mandatory, and a member can withdraw their name from either pool if they wish.

Question 3:
B = 10
An admin-in-training will enter the pool of full admins when they feel they are ready and their full admin trainer agrees with them.

Question 4:
A = 10
Admins will serve in the order in which they entered the pool unless something prevents them from doing this.

Reminder: please see the first post for actual wording of this paragraph. I will also add the guideline paragraph to that post for your review.

Phrasing has been posted.
If there are no objections during the next 24 hours, starting April 9, 3:26 am GMT, I will add this phrasing to the charter.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 9:51 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Damn - too late. :oops:

However, you'll be pleased to know that I'm perfectly content with what you came up with. :)

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 10:36 am
Tricksy Elf!

Quote:
We have some stragglers who have not notified me that they are not voting, but who cannot be reached after multiple efforts on my part to do so and they have not voted yet. The ballot was discussed for three days and vote has been up for more than two and one-half days. Since none of the absent people appeared during that time, I must presume that whoever has not yet voted is unable or unwilling to do so.
Or they had not logged on because RL work pressures got in the way, and only received one e-mail poking the urgent need. Please in future when you send out mails for urgent votes can you give time limits as well, then if we are caught in the situation where logging on may be detramental to our life and we decided to wait until the weekend when we have time before reacting/voteing we will know that this may not be the case and we have to jump.

Sorry, I was unable to be around for much of this week because I had to work hard or I may well have lost my job. Apologies for the inconvenience.

looking at the results I have no problems with the results and I believe would have voted for the outcome.

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 3:17 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Pretty much the same as Din. It was a doozy of a week. But I concur with the results.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 3:41 pm

Leoba and Din,

I'm relieved that you do not object to the results and I'm sorry to have excluded you from voting, but there were six days from the time the ballot went up to the end of the vote, and I just didn't know how long to wait for you while the membership was hopping up and down on one foot about the Invite process.

Lidless, you told me you didn't want to vote any more. Do you still want to vote or not?

Jn

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 3:54 pm

And does Estel plan to continue to be part of the committee?

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 1:23 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Quote:
I just didn't know how long to wait for you while the membership was hopping up and down on one foot about the Invite process.
As part of the membership, I am not hopping up and down about the invite process, nor are that many people from what I have seen. :scratch

Maybe it is the few voices loudest heard syndrome again.

The process is going about as fast as I, and apparently a few others, can cope with. If it goes much faster, we will not be able to put any attention on the issues. I for one would pull out.

I think what we are doing here is more important than pandering to the drive to poach TORC members (which lets be honest is what is driving this).

I think it is more important to do this properly, than panic and vote without thinking. Sorry, thats my belief.

But thanks for deciding to add time frames to votes here, it helps ;)

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 2:43 pm
Not so deep as a well

I wouldn't call it poaching TORC members so much as people wanting to be able to see their friends here rather than there. The effect may be the same, but the motivation makes a difference, at least to me.

That said, I think that having preschedule "voting days" to ensure conventioneers' availibility will enable us to move discussions on without losing time to votes...or at least do it officially :)

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 3:02 pm
WYSIWYG

Dindraug wrote:
The process is going about as fast as I, and apparently a few others, can cope with. If it goes much faster, we will not be able to put any attention on the issues. I for one would pull out.

I think what we are doing here is more important than pandering to the drive to poach TORC members (which lets be honest is what is driving this).
I'm not exactly complaining about slower work, and I agree we need to be diligent, but I understand the request for a more intense discussion.
We had initially said that whoever signs up here should be prepared to dedicate about two hours a day to this discussion. At the moment all it takes is half an hour, or less.

I agree with you on the "poaching" though. I used to argue that we are not trying to take anything away from TORC, but some time ago I began to see it differentely. Ax even agrees that the effect is the same - personally, I'm afraid that for many people it's even the motivation. :(

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 3:24 pm

Peeps, I'm going to ask Prim to lock this thread because it's a voting thread and move the discussion over to the discussion thread.

A number of people, even those on the committee, have felt the process drags and have suggested ways to make it more efficient without curtailing discusssion. So I'm going to put those suggestions now in the other thread.

Thanks!

Jn

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 3:25 pm
Living in hope

My pleasure, Jn.

I've never done this before, so everyone had better stand back.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 55 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: