The Last Homely Site on the Web

Inviting the whole "someday" list at once

Post Reply   Page 5 of 5  [ 83 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 2:48 am
Thanks to Holby

yovargas, if you think we are taking this too seriously, I would suggest you think back to just how seriously everyone took the recent events at TORC. You can't build something sound without first laying a firm foundation. It's not as fun as relaxing on the back deck once all the work is finished, but it's the only way to get there.

:hug:

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 1:31 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

I just want to put out to you (and why oh why is it almost always over the weekend you start these things when I can't be around :roll: ;) )

- open, yes, and just as soon as the basics are in place. The points that Voronwe mentioned but one one more thing: not only do we need to have the rules for the Admins in place, we also need a better definition/rules for the members. That's YOU! Yes :D

Members rights as well as members obligations. That's for me at least just as important as issues of governance and (the beginnings) of a mission statement

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Apr , 2005 3:05 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Primula_Baggins wrote:
All we're trying to do is put something together that won't fall apart under pressure or devolve into chaos. If the structure is good enough, it should be low-maintenance and highly stable. That means that after this job is done, and if it's done right, almost all of us can get back to the reason we all came here, which is to talk with friends and enjoy ourselves. (There will be the occasional interruption to vote on something, or maybe do an admin stint or serve on a jury if we want to give something extra to the board, but that's the price we'll all pay for having some control over how this place is run.)

This situation right now is not permanent. The whole reason so many issues are being discussed is because we're trying to move quickly through the process. Investing time and thought now will pay off later.

Very well said, Prim. :bow:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 5  [ 83 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Jump to: