The Last Homely Site on the Web

Member Vote on Admins: Voting Done

Post Reply   Page 5 of 6  [ 103 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 15 Apr , 2005 7:00 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Excellent ballot, although I agree with Faramond.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 5:28 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

VOTING IS NOW OPEN

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 6:45 am

Question 1: Agreement to overturn

A. I agree to overturn the vote of the membership and will vote on the options in Part One of this ballot. Proceed to Part One, Questions 2 through 7

PART ONE:

Question 2: I agree to the following text:

“The Mayor is held accountable for determining what constitutes a ‘continuous, visible, and contributory presence,’ approaching members so qualified to obtain their agreement to serve, and entering the names of those who volunteer into the pool of admins-in-training. That roster will be prominently posted, and volunteers will remain on the training roster for at least [ten] days.

A. I agree to the text and to the ten days.

Question 3: I agree to the following text stating that concerns and suggestions will be submitted by email, and I will vote on who should review them in the next question:

A. I agree to the text

Question 4: Concerns and objections should be reviewed by:

C. The Mayor together with the current Admins

Question 5: I agree to the following text

A. I agree to the text

Question 6: I agree to the following text

B. I agree to the text and would like the mayor and admins to be free to decide who could best convey the information to the volunteer.

Question 7: I agree to the following text

A. I agree to the text, including seven days for lifting objections.

Profile Quote
Silwen
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 8:16 am
DomiKNITrix

A.

PART ONE:

Question 2:

Question 3:

A. I agree to the text

C.

Question 5:

A. I agree to the text

Question 6:

B. I agree to the text and would like the mayor and admins to be free to decide who could best convey the information to the volunteer.

Question 7:

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 8:38 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

WOW :Q :D I was not feeling well yesterday so I missed a whole bunch of stuff (but now caught up). This was a very (!!) difficult matter and so I :bow: to Jny.

A. I agree to overturn the vote of the membership and will vote on the options in Part One of this ballot. Proceed to Part One, Questions 2 through 7

PART ONE:

Question 2:
I agree to the following text:

“The Mayor is held accountable for determining what constitutes a ‘continuous, visible, and contributory presence,’ approaching members so qualified to obtain their agreement to serve, and entering the names of those who volunteer into the pool of admins-in-training. That roster will be prominently posted, and volunteers will remain on the training roster for at least [ten] days.

Question 3: I agree to the following text stating that concerns and suggestions will be submitted by email, and I will vote on who should review them in the next question:

“While volunteers are on the training roster, all members are responsible for reviewing the roster to determine whether they know any good reason why a particular volunteer would not make a good administrator and should not immediately enter the pool of full admins when their training is complete. If no member expresses a concern or objection volunteers will enter the pool of full admins without delay. If a member does have a concern or objection to a particular volunteer, these must be sent by email to the [Mayor][Admins account, where they may also be forwarded to the Mayor] so that the [Mayor][current Admins][Mayor together with current Admins] can review them for merit.”

A. I agree to the text

“If the concern or objection involves a serious violation of by-laws for which a formal action of some kind is required, then the volunteer will not enter the pool of full admins until the issue is resolved. The Mayor and current Admins together will inform the volunteer immediately, attempt to verify the merit of the accusation insofar as possible, and if it has merit they will initiate whatever procedure is called for in the by-laws. If exonerated, the volunteer may enter the pool of full admins when training is complete. If restrictions are placed on the volunteer as a result of the procedure, they will not enter the pool of full admins until the by-laws allow them to do so.”

A. I agree to the text

“If the concern or objection involves matters of courtesy, or unfamiliarity with certain forums, or anything else affecting only the comfort level of the members, [the Mayor][the Mayor or an appropriate admin] will explain the problem to the volunteer as tactfully as possible and suggest ways that their posting might become more “visible and contributory” before they enter the pool of full admins.”

“The Mayor will retain record of these concerns and objections and make sure that any full Admin who is coaching the volunteer knows of them as well. When the volunteer expresses his/her readiness to enter the pool of admins, including their correction of any prior deficiency, and the full Admin who has been coaching them agrees, the Mayor will send an email to any member who has raised a prior objection and ask permission to lift the objection, explaining what has been done to rectify the problem. If the member still objects, they must explain why and the issue will be revisited as before. If no response is received within [seven] days, the objection will be lifted and the volunteer may enter the pool of full admins. The pool of full admins will be posted prominently”

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject: Re: Member Vote on Admins: Now voting till ~Sun 5:00AM GMT
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 9:37 am
Per aspera ad astra

PART ONE:

Question 2:
I agree to the following text:

Question 3:

A. I agree to the text

Question 5:

A. I agree to the text

Question 6:

Question 7:

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 1:26 pm
WYSIWYG

Ack, I'm so sorry, I have a last minute question!

Could someone just tell me whether this
Quote:
Question 6:

“If the concern or objection involves matters of courtesy, or unfamiliarity with certain forums, or anything else affecting only the comfort level of the members, [the Mayor][the Mayor or an appropriate admin] will explain the problem to the volunteer as tactfully as possible and suggest ways that their posting might become more “visible and contributory” before they enter the pool of full admins.”
includes the possibility that the concern or objection might be found unjustified?

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 1:52 pm
of Vinyamar

PART ONE:

Question 3:
A. I agree to the text

Question 4:

Question 5:
A. I agree to the text

Question 6:

Question 7:

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 1:55 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

PART ONE:

“While volunteers are on the training roster, all members are responsible for reviewing the roster to determine whether they know any good reason why a particular volunteer would not make a good administrator and should not immediately enter the pool of full admins when their training is complete. If no member expresses a concern or objection volunteers will enter the pool of full admins without delay. If a member does have a concern or objection to a particular volunteer, these must be sent by email to the [Mayor][Admins account, where they may also be forwarded to the Mayor] so that the [Mayor][current Admins][Mayor together with current Admins] can review them for merit.”

A. I agree to the text

B. The current Admins alone

“If the concern or objection involves a serious violation of by-laws for which a formal action of some kind is required, then the volunteer will not enter the pool of full admins until the issue is resolved. The Mayor and current Admins together will inform the volunteer immediately, attempt to verify the merit of the accusation insofar as possible, and if it has merit they will initiate whatever procedure is called for in the by-laws. If exonerated, the volunteer may enter the pool of full admins when training is complete. If restrictions are placed on the volunteer as a result of the procedure, they will not enter the pool of full admins until the by-laws allow them to do so.”

A. I agree to the text

“The Mayor will retain record of these concerns and objections and make sure that any full Admin who is coaching the volunteer knows of them as well. When the volunteer expresses his/her readiness to enter the pool of admins, including their correction of any prior deficiency, and the full Admin who has been coaching them agrees, the Mayor will send an email to any member who has raised a prior objection and ask permission to lift the objection, explaining what has been done to rectify the problem. If the member still objects, they must explain why and the issue will be revisited as before. If no response is received within [seven] days, the objection will be lifted and the volunteer may enter the pool of full admins. The pool of full admins will be posted prominently”

SELECT ONE:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 1:58 pm

A. I agree to overturn the vote of the membership and will vote on the options in Part One of this ballot.

PART ONE:

Question 3: I agree to the following text
A. I agree to the text

A. I agree to the text

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 4:51 pm
Living in hope

PART ONE:

Question 2:

Question 3:
A. I agree to the text

A. I agree to the text

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 5:50 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

BALLOT

Question 1:
A. I agree to overturn the vote of the membership and will vote on the options in Part One of this ballot.

PART ONE:

Question 2:

Question 3:
A. I agree to the text

Question 4:

Question 5:
A. I agree to the text

Question 6:
B. I agree to the text and would like the mayor and admins to be free to decide who could

Question 7:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 6:00 pm
WYSIWYG

A. I agree to overturn the vote of the membership

PART ONE:

Question 3:
A. I agree to the text

Question 5:

A. I agree to the text

Question 6:

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 6:01 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

truehobbit wrote:
Quote:
Question 6:

includes the possibility that the concern or objection might be found unjustified?
It's not a matter of judging concerns at this point TH, it's only a matter of noting ANY objections that involve mater of courtesy blablabla ;) So the way I understand it, yes! It would involve 'unjustified' concerns for there won't be a process of judging those concerns, only noting them IF they should appear and explaining the problem to the volunteer as tactfully as possible.

Hope that helps :)

Profile Quote
Faramond
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 6:27 pm
Digger

A. I agree to overturn the vote of the membership, the sacred will of the people, and will vote on the options in Part One of this ballot.

PART ONE:

Question 3: I agree to the following text
A. I agree to the text

A. I agree to the text

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 6:49 pm
WYSIWYG

Thanks, Alandriel! :)

I had in the meantime PMed Jny about this, as I didn't think the question would still be noticed, and she said "yes", too.

Sorry to be so annoying, I was just worried because the previous provision mentions the opportunity for the volunteer to clear themselves of the charges, while this one doesn't. :)

From our key principles:

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Apr , 2005 6:50 pm
Not so deep as a well

Question 1: A.

Question 2: A.

Question 3: A.

Question 4: C.

Question 5: A.

Question 6: B.

Question 7: A.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 18 Apr , 2005 3:08 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Would rather keep a vote on admins, but as it's quite obvious this isn't going to happen, I should put in my voice for what's going to be counting:

1. A
2. A
3. A
4. C
5. A
6. B
7. A

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 18 Apr , 2005 1:52 pm

VOTING CLOSED

Results will be posted later today when Faramond and I have a chance to do the count together

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 18 Apr , 2005 5:47 pm

Here are the voting results. The text that will go into the charter is given in the next post for your review.

Q1: A = 13; B = 0

So we will not vote on Admins before they enter the pool. That sentence in the Charter A2¶1 will be amended.

Q2: A=13; B=0; C=0
Q3: A=13; B=0
Q4: A=0; B=1; C=12
Q5: A=13; B=0
Q6: A=0; B=13; C=0
Q7: A=13; B=0; C=0

Jn

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 6  [ 103 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: