Convention: Dispute Resolution

Post Reply   Page 13 of 13  [ 249 posts ]
Jump to page « 19 10 11 12 13
Cerin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 May , 2005 10:12 pm
Thanks to Holby

Jnyusa wrote:
But I still contend that there has to be a better way than this to make new people. A marsupial pouch would be a big improvement, imo. One with a zipper, maybe. We should start working on that right away.
Ha! With you in charge, I believe it could be done. :D

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 May , 2005 12:48 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Jny a belated congrats. :)

And if there is anyone half baked, and out of touch it is me.
I tend to ebb and flow here. As of late I am ebbing, but I am sure I will start to flow again when other issues crop up. I admit I am trudging through portions of this, but perhaps in the grand scheme of things the effort will prove to be valuable at some later point. Then again considering what we have been discussing of late, I hope we never find out.

So where were we anyway? :scratch

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 May , 2005 1:02 am
Try to stay perky

Jn, wonderful news! :D A brand new little life brings with it such renewed awe! May you have joy of him all his life.

re: the zip thang...I don't know, I enjoyed giving birth. I've never felt so powerful in my life as in those hours.

re: the convention, I'll input where I can and try to rein in my puppyish instincts. I didn't expect a kerfuffle and find it quite embarrassing that the discussion diverted from 'the business' to my stupidity once again. Sorry.

[ img ]

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 14 May , 2005 10:30 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

I'm bumping this thread up, folks, because this is the master thread for Article 5: Dispute Resolution and the Outside Forum.

I hope that I will be able to open a vote on those four Hearings articles by tomorrow morning (EST) - that no new major issues will surface - and when the voting is done, all four of them will be locked, along with the other big thread "Assembling Hearing Procedures in Full."

We only have one more item in this Article, namely, "Offenses That Merit a Penalty," and I will post that discussion thread tomorrow, along with a discussion thread for Article 2: Member Rights and Responsibilities, because these two issues are inter-related.

Once those two new discussions are underway a bit, a will put up a last thread asking for volunteers to take over my position as discussion leader here. Alandriel is also a discussion leader - I don't know if she wants to switch jobs with me because of her being offline on weekends, but we can hash it all out in the thread.

In that thread, I will outline exactly what I do here, in terms of emails, updates of first posts, etc. Truehobbit has done a thread and so has Faramond, who might like to rejoin us. And everyone has seen it done, so it shouldn't be too tough for someone to take over. I will continue on the committee, but it is the endless amount of editing that takes time which I no longer have.

In that thread I will also get you started on the Mission Statement and Key Principles, because there is an easy way and a hard way to approach those topics. I will tell you what the nice, tight, easy way is, and then whoever takes over from me can do it anyway they want. :) I'll leave it for the new discussion leader to actually set up the threads for those topics so that they will be able to edit the charter text within the thread as we go along.

Thanks! (don't say good-bye until next weekend)

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 May , 2005 12:24 am

Jn, thank you. :love:

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 May , 2005 1:11 am
Living in hope

Thank you so much, Jn. :love:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 May , 2005 3:31 pm
WYSIWYG

Oh, I missed this thread the last few days, I heard of the baby in another one.

Gabriel Alexander is very pretty and stylish - good choice! :D
I hope they won't shorten it to "Gab" or something, though! :Q

And if you ever start working toward that zipper-idea, let me know, I'm all for it! :D

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 May , 2005 4:23 pm
Not so deep as a well

Gabe is the most likely shortened form. Gabby is another, but usually for girls with some form of the name.

And a big :hug: Jny. I think it's fair to say no one here could have done what you've done any better (or perhaps AT ALL).

PS--There's a guy who wanted to see you about some sort of stable cleaning? ;)

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 15 May , 2005 10:30 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

Hobby: Gabriel Alexander is very pretty and stylish - good choice!

Thank you! 'Stylish' - I like that.

His Dad's name is Alejandro, so he's a namesake. The Jewish tradition is to name the child after a relative who has died, and they did that with the first GC. But my son-in-law is a Spanish Catholic-Atheist, and he wanted his son named after him, which feels very odd to us - naming a child after a living person is like asking for them to die. But we have to honor both traditions ... and anyway we're not superstitious. It's just likely to raise eyebrows on the more traditional Jewish side of the family. :Q

Ax: stable cleaning?

Been there, done that. :help:

Unlikely that the name will be shortened from Gabriel. So far everyone has used his full name.

Before he was born, they were going back and forth between Benjamin and Gabriel, and I told them I was going to call him Ben-Gay. :rofl:

evil grandmother gene bubbles to the surface

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 13 of 13  [ 249 posts ]
Return to “Threads of Historical Interest” | Jump to page « 19 10 11 12 13
Jump to: